Looking to find some players near you, talk about your local venues, or find a pickup game partner? Post here!

-  
Hi I am CaptainSpock1123 but you can call me Zach. I have just begun to play the game. I have been experimenting with this game for a while. I first learned about it back in high school back in 2010 when I first got into Star Trek about a year in. It has only been in the last year I got my first few packs of cards.
I have acquired some of the 1E premiere set. I also have some Tribble box cards as well as Mirror Mirror. I have been experimenting with Lackey which I have been looking into since I have been doing more digging into this new frontier. I am wanting to become a competitive player. So far I have come up empty trying to get practice in. Quite frankly I am quite lost about how to make a deck.

I have been following this group for a while. I have been looking at a lot of the material they put out. I so new to this whole thing but would like to get to learn more about the game and the community around it. I have played many card games. Pokemon was the bigger one I have played but this is the one I would really like to get the best at.

I am in the Texas areas in the DFW area and I have not seen anyone on the comms from my area thus far. I would like for someone to reach out to me and teach me the ropes on how to better my playing skills.
First Edition Rules Master
By BCSWowbagger (James Heaney)
 - First Edition Rules Master
 -  
Community Contributor
@Armus , is this your neck of the woods? I can't remember if you're actually in the Texas zone these days, or just have friends who do.

Welcome to the game, Captain Spock! I hope you find some local players here! (And, if not, feel free to join us in the online play space!)

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
BCSWowbagger wrote: Sat May 20, 2023 12:12 pm @Armus , is this your neck of the woods? I can't remember if you're actually in the Texas zone these days, or just have friends who do.

Welcome to the game, Captain Spock! I hope you find some local players here! (And, if not, feel free to join us in the online play space!)
Nope. That's several hundred miles from me.

@KillerB is in the Greater Dallas area, but I don't think he's played 1e on any serious level in a couple of decades.

I'm not aware of any Texas players playing 1e, but I think @winterflames is in Oklahoma?
 -  
Community Contributor
Armus wrote: Sat May 20, 2023 12:16 pm Nope. That's several hundred miles from me.
My vague impression of DFW is that it's several hundred miles in diameter, so this actually tracks.

- Beta Quadrant
 -  
Hm, I lived in that area when I first became aware of the CC/signed up for the site but before I started playing seriously again. I'm not aware of anyone there, but can I ask where you're at in the metroplex?
Ambassador
By bosskamiura (Thomas Kamiura)
 - Ambassador
 -  
Community Contributor
Come join our Online Casual League and we’ll find someone to teach you Lackey and the games (1e, 2e and Tribbles) over in The Dojo!

“The home for online play!!”

Link is in my signature below. My assistant will DM you once you sign up.

TK

- Beta Quadrant
 -  
CaptainSpock1123 wrote: Sat May 20, 2023 3:04 pm I am in the Fort Worth/ Arlington side of the DFW Area. I am right on the cusp of both.
Yep, I know that area well. I used to live in Keller.

By winterflames (Derek Marlar)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Welcome to the Void. Your closest Ambassador is me, on the very northernmost edge of Oklahoma.

We occasionally have games up here, but I haven't been in contact with anyone in your pocket of Texas recently. I can pop down there the second Saturday in July, if you wanted to hangout for a Saturday of messing around with cards.

I also briefly lived in Dallas, ages ago, in 2002. I spent a summer cleaning out abandoned apartments. It isn't as glamorous as it sounds.

It looks like there were a handful of people in DFW land but I don't think any are active now.

By winterflames (Derek Marlar)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Due to a variety of unfortunate real life happenings, I cannot pull this trip idea into reality. I will have to reattempt at a later time.
 -  
Community Contributor
sivik30 wrote: Sun Jul 02, 2023 1:15 am I'm in north dallas. Is there a discord server?
A global one, here: https://discord.com/invite/rsRy5GV

By Sjearch
 -  
Hi Zach,

I stumbled across The Continuing Committee a few weeks ago and found this thread - sorry for being 7 months late to the thread. I'm a former player (loved it when it first came out), but haven't played for about 25 years. I've dusted off my cards and would like to jump back into the game if you're still interested in finding a face to face player. I live in the DFW metroplex.

Steve
1EFQ: Game of two halves

Honestly, I don’t think I’ve re[…]

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

Happy birthday to @Takket ! :D :thumbsup: […]

Opponents turn

Remodulation

It started in mid-2013. At that time it became sta[…]