The National Championship Events offer year-round opportunities for high level competition outside of the traditional "Road to Worlds." Find out more about a National Event near you!

For more details about this tournament, to pre-register, or to view results, click here

By ikeya (David Kuck)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
Star Trek CCG Canadian Nationals!

The Details

2nd Edition Canadian Nationals
Saturday January 7th 2012
10:00AM

#36-86 McKenney Ave
St Albert, AB, Canada

3 - 5 rounds (depending on player turnout)
Standard Format

Click Here to Pre-Register

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
Architect
Everything is a go.

Venue is booked, Prize support (including Unity Release pack) has been ordered, and decks for new players are being built!

Let's make it a good one!

This event will mark the start of a regular (once/month) group in Edmonton so encourage new players (or strangers) to come down and check it out.

I will be on site at 9am (and likely drag Foreman with me) to teach anyone who wants to learn to play.

Please feel free to contact me if you have any questions,

Mark

By rek075
 -  
The tournament was very enjoyable for my wife and I. As first time players of this card game, we look forward to building our decks and learning new strategies.

By Foreman
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
rek075 wrote:The tournament was very enjoyable for my wife and I. As first time players of this card game, we look forward to building our decks and learning new strategies.
It was nice to meet you both, glad to hear you enjoyed yourselves. Hopefully I'll get a chance to play against at least one of you next time I'm in town.

By Foreman
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Hoss-Drone wrote:Time for some decklists.......
I'll be posting mine sometime this week, but it was very similar to my worlds voyager deck. Other decks I played against included a borg solver, a Klingon solver, an AU TNG micro team deck and my brothers ds9 integrity silver.
The other decks I built for new players were a TNG mains solver, and a sf non- human speed deck.
Two of the new players were using starter decks.
I think that only leaves the tng AU battle deck.

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
Architect
Foreman wrote:
Hoss-Drone wrote:Time for some decklists.......
I'll be posting mine sometime this week, but it was very similar to my worlds voyager deck. Other decks I played against included a borg solver, a Klingon solver, an AU TNG micro team deck and my brothers ds9 integrity silver.
The other decks I built for new players were a TNG mains solver, and a sf non- human speed deck.
Two of the new players were using starter decks.
I think that only leaves the tng AU battle deck.
I have posted my deck, and it was not an integrity deck :P it was clearly a cunning deck.

Rob K and Kait K were playing the DS9 and TNG starters (right out of the box) respectively. You should note each deck actually won a game. :)

I will try to get the rest of the decks up soon.

Cool Fact: Two of the 10 decks were AU TNG.
First Edition Rules Master
 - First Edition Rules Master
 -  
Community Contributor
Foreman wrote:I got my decklist posted and added quick tourney report.
I have no idea I'm listed as Starfleet, but I went and fixed it (it was Battleship Team TNG-Earth).

My tournament report is pretty simple. I showed up, Thomas handed me a deck and gave me the 30-second tutorial, and I tried not to screw up too badly. By some fluke I ended up playing Keith and got my ass handed to me. :)

By Foreman
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
AllenGould wrote:
Foreman wrote:I got my decklist posted and added quick tourney report.
I have no idea I'm listed as Starfleet, but I went and fixed it (it was Battleship Team TNG-Earth).

My tournament report is pretty simple. I showed up, Thomas handed me a deck and gave me the 30-second tutorial, and I tried not to screw up too badly. By some fluke I ended up playing Keith and got my ass handed to me. :)
You in no way got your ass handed to you. I got some super lucky dilemma pulls. I was very worried about losing during the whole game. It was a good deck and you piloted it well.
First Edition Rules Master
 - First Edition Rules Master
 -  
Community Contributor
Foreman wrote:
AllenGould wrote: (it was Battleship Team TNG-Earth).

You in no way got your ass handed to you. I got some super lucky dilemma pulls. I was very worried about losing during the whole game. It was a good deck and you piloted it well.
Sure didn't feel like that from my end of the table. :)

And maybe "ass handed" is the wrong phrase: "schooled" is more accurate since I learned a lot about how to stop an away team without putting too many dilemmas under. (Sadly, it was my away team being stopped, but whatchagonnado.)

In all seriousness, I'd be more worried if I had won - considering I haven't played 2E since *last* year's Nationals, it would be... concerning. :)

Good mornin' lads, just got me thinking: What w[…]

NE Oklahoma, SE Kansas?

Yes, it was at Redeemer in Bartlesville. Unfortuna[…]

Apologies for the delays in the results. They will[…]

MW for doctorjoya over tykajada 35-0. GG! :cheers[…]