The National Championship Events offer year-round opportunities for high level competition outside of the traditional "Road to Worlds." Find out more about a National Event near you!

By ikeya (David Kuck)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
Ohio’s two World Championship Trek leagues, “The Great Tribble Hunters of Qo'noS” and “WCT Cleveland” proudly present US National’s – East!

In 1999, Jared Hoffman and the Columbus, Ohio playgroup began an annual tradition named after our region in Decipher’s organized play system: VeridiMiniCon. Every winter players from all over the region traveled to Columbus for a fun filled Trek weekend. Now VMC is reborn as Qo’noCon!

Qo’noCon 11 will be held January 14th 2012 at the The Guardtower (3600 Trabue Road, Columbus, OH 43204-3609 http://maps.google.com/maps?q=the+guard ... 12&iwloc=A). There will be Trek available in various formats from opening to close that day. There will be a $20 entry fee that covers the entire day. A percentage of this entry fee will go to the US National – East champion.

10:30 AM – US Nationals – East, the main event (https://www.trekcc.org/tournament/index ... entID=3249)! Registration starts as soon as the doors open at 10:00 AM. Round 1 starts at 10:30 AM sharp. # of rounds will be confirmed at start based on attendance, planned for 4-5. This is it! Bring your best and challenge the field to become the US National - East Champion! Prizes will include the standard tournament/league kit fare in addition to the big cash grand prize.

5:30 PM – 2E Deck Lotto (https://www.trekcc.org/tournament/index ... entID=3248). This is a standard constructed 2E DECK LOTTO tournament. It will be 3 rounds. Bring a deck but play something different each round!

8:30 PM – 1E Sealed Warp Speed (https://www.trekcc.org/tournament/index ... entID=3251). This is a 1E sealed deck WARP SPEED tournament. It will be 3 rounds. Players will receive 1 random Enhanced Premiere + at least 3 assorted booster packs (sets TBD). This event is the most important of all to preregister for. We should have plenty on hand but I would hate to turn someone away due to lack of product. Haven’t played 1E in a while? Aren’t sure about going it old school? Warp Speed is for you! Rounds are quick (only 30 min!) and the games are a lot of fun!

10:00 PM – Tribbles (https://www.trekcc.org/tournament/index ... entID=3250).Still standing? What better way to finish up a long day of Trek than with a round of Tribbles? This is a standard constructed Tribbles tournament. It will be 1 round unless attendance requires more.

Coming in from out of town? There are plenty of affordable hotels available just a couple miles west of The Guardtower.

For more information on the events or traveling to Columbus, please contact Steve Rotz via the forums (YeahToast) or via phone at 614-946-0316 (the forums are preferred as Steve does not have access to his cell phone most of the day).
Last edited by ikeya on Tue Dec 20, 2011 6:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

By Onomy
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
YAY!!!!!! I got someone to switch with me at work!!!! I get to go to Nationals!!!! This is going to be awesome!!!! :D

By YeahToast
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
Shooter McGavin wrote:Is there a final confrontation for the main event?
Great question! As of now, there will NOT be a final confrontation. However as the number of rounds will be based on the number and desire of those in attendance, so will the need for a final confrontation.

There are currently 9 players registered. As of now, I would plan on 4 rounds and no final confrontation. Tomorrow from 10:00AM-10:29AM those that are playing can decide if they want to go 5 rounds and/or if they want a final confrontation for the top 2 finishers.

I'm ok with either. I would rather not alter the plan mid-tournament though.

By YeahToast
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
Shooter McGavin wrote:Sounds like a hoot.

I look forward to the decision at the beginning of the tournament.
Yeah me too, there is something appealing about a final confrontation. Maybe we'll get an LSU-Alabama style rematch from an earlier game.

The flipside though is it would add even more time to the event, threatening the other tournaments. Of course, those two players could just pass on the Deck Lotto and play in the final.

I shall leave it up to the will of the masses... :cheersL:

By RedDwarf (Unjustly Banned)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
YeahToast wrote:I would rather not alter the plan mid-tournament though.
Unless there are mitigating circumstances (store closing, zombie attack, end of the world, etc.), we strongly discourage changing the format of a tournament during that tournament.

By YeahToast
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
RedDwarf wrote:
YeahToast wrote:I would rather not alter the plan mid-tournament though.
Unless there are mitigating circumstances (store closing, zombie attack, end of the world, etc.), we strongly discourage changing the format of a tournament during that tournament.
Exactly, that was more of a "I had the OPG open in front of me" thing and not a "eh Steve doesn't feel like it" kind of thing.

Nationals is the first event so the store closing should not be an issue...I make no guarantees against "end of world" or "zombie attack" though...

By YeahToast
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
Shooter McGavin wrote:Is this being considered a league event? If so, is The Pendari Champion legal?
Yes it is a league event.

I hadn't thought of that but Yes that makes Pendari Champion legal for play.

...you haven't broken him have you?
Second Edition Playtest Manager
By Faithful Reader (Ross Fertel)
 - Second Edition Playtest Manager
 -  
YeahToast wrote:Nationals is the first event so the store closing should not be an issue...I make no guarantees against "end of world" or "zombie attack" though...
Can't the zombies wait? There will be plenty of Magic cards for them to play with.

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
Yea, this just happened.
Attachments:
IMG_20120114_112542-1.jpg
IMG_20120114_112542-1.jpg (22.18 KiB) Viewed 5843 times

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
Jared Hoffman wins Nationals East. Brad Eier wins Deck Lotto .

Likely I should be able to attend. Just need the d[…]

Nelvana Trap

Wait ... what? Since when does battle during […]

I think the scenario was more around things li[…]

Thanks all. I have my handle as my name, I didn&rs[…]