The National Championship Events offer year-round opportunities for high level competition outside of the traditional "Road to Worlds." Find out more about a National Event near you!

For more details about this tournament, to pre-register, or to view results, click here

By flrazor (Jeremy Benedict)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
I will send updates to people that have indicated they may be coming to the Tribbles event - I finally confirmed a venue for the night:

The Original Gabe's by the Park
991 Lexington Parkway
Saint Paul, MN 55103

The venue is a few miles from the tournament venue for Saturday. If you need any help or directions, please call or send me a message and I'll try to help you find it. Map and phone number for the restaurant are on the link above.

Sorry it took until this week, I had some health issues and a hospitalization recently so I wasn't able to follow up on the callbacks I got.

By YeahToast
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
flrazor wrote:Sorry it took until this week, I had some health issues and a hospitalization recently so I wasn't able to follow up on the callbacks I got.
Sorry to hear that Jeremy, hope everything is ok and you are feeling better :cross:

Sounds like you've got a great weekend planned, wish I could make it!

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
Tribbles is in the books and was a ton of fun at the bar. Had a new player, Justin (CrimsonRavage) join us as well for his first Tribbles gig. The winner at the final table was Mike rocking a Discard deck, followed by myself playing Battle/Poison, with Lillian in third playing Rescue/Go. Other story of the night was Asita going huge in the prelims with over 800K with his Bonus deck, then only was able to score 10 tribbles at the final table and not hit any bonuses (ouch!).

Time for sleep before tomorrow's big event! Please come early to sign up, we start at 11:00 AM! I'll try to run some updates between rounds as well.

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
Nationals round 1 of 5 is underway! We have 12 players in the mix today, I will update with HQ listings and more info as the rounds go on. We had a pickup Tribbles match before we got started which was won by Casey's Battle deck. Nice work, Casey!

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
First round complete, second round starting! Winners are:
Mike Harrington
Kris Sonsteby
Matt Frid
Casey Wickum
Nat Kirton
Barry Windschitl

HQ Breakdown for the day:
3 [TOS]
2 [Rom]
2 [Bor]
2 [TNG]
1 each [Fer], [Voy], and [NA] using [SF] Earth (corrected from earlier, hadn't watched this player in progress when I wrote the post)
Last edited by flrazor on Sat Jan 28, 2012 6:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
Starting round 3 with Matt, Mike, and Nat undefeated. Lots of close games in round 2, including a 100-90 and a 60-55 modified.

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
Round 4 pairings and current standings:

Nat (3-0) v. Matt F. (3-0)
Kris (2-1) v. Casey (2-1)
Mike (2-1) v. Maggie (2-1)
Josh (1-2) v. Matthew H. (1-2)
Steve (1-2) v. Barry (1-2)
Eric (0-3) v. Ben (0-3)

Lots of really good matches today!

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
Round 4 update: Steve pulls off a submission in his match with Barry - Concession at the halfway mark in the round!

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
Final Round Pairings:

Nat (4-0) v. Casey (3-1)
Mike (3-1) v. Matt F. (3-1)
Kris (2-2) v. Maggie (2-2)
Josh (2-2) v. Steve (2-2)
Barry (1-3) v. Eric (1-3)
Matthew H. (1-3) v. Ben (0-4)

Lots of really close games overall. Had a 100-80 last round in addition to a tough 65-30 modified match.

You're welcome, Johnny, it's been a heck of a match to watch over!

By shagg08 (Michael O'Shogay)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Congrats to Nat on the Nationals win!!

By Ajnaran
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Too tired to write much, but I plan on writing up a report shortly as I had a really fun tournament!

Congrats to Nat "Beast from the East Jeezy" Kirton for winning the event. He earns a blu-ray TNG season from me. Kinda blue about that, but I'll get to watch and borrow it (I hope!), so...

Thanks to Jeremy for running a great weekend of events and doing so in superman-fashion as he had a rough health week...glad you're feeling better my man, and your efforts are certainly appreciated and I'm glad fun was given such an opportunity to shine!

TBG notes:

Kris brought the coolest deck
I brought the safest deck
Nat brought the best meta choice deck
Frid brought the most timeless deck

And Dan, Asita, and co. are off in some alternate universe...

By Ajnaran
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Oh, and everyone who plays Tribbles (I've been afflicted), check out Illinois Eric's tournament software. Provided you have an internet device, the program is really awesome and simplifies the scoring of the game. And I hear icons and possibly further "art" is on its way...

And also a shout to everyone who traveled to come. 'Twas a blast!

- Beta Quadrant
 -  
good job, nat. you earned the title, bro. to say it was a tough field is an understatement.

jeremy ran a great gig. one of the smoothest ever. thanks flrazor!

I guess we should have done "What can we do[…]

Jared FW Kris 100-35

South Dakota Regional May 18th

Likely I should be able to attend. Just need the[…]

Nelvana Trap

Wait ... what? Since when does battle during […]