The National Championship Events offer year-round opportunities for high level competition outside of the traditional "Road to Worlds." Find out more about a National Event near you!

For more details about this tournament, to pre-register, or to view results, click here

By thsch (Thomas Schneider)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
Format: Second Edition (Standard)
Date: Sunday 17th June
Time: 11:00am
Venue: CVJM Kassel e.V., Wolfsschlucht 21, 34117 Mitte, Kassel, Germany
Rounds: 6 + Final confrontation
Entry Fee: 10 €

Pre-register here

• Deck lists are required.
• Prizes for all participants!
• On Saturday we will have a "Warm-up" Regional.
• PRE-REGISTRATION is not a requirement, but would be appreciated.
Last edited by thsch on Sat Jun 16, 2012 6:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
I turned out that the "documenta" (a big contemporary art exhibition in Kassel, for the non-Germans that are reading here) is taking place again this year and starts already in early June.
Thus the hotels (at least the Stadthotel) are more expensive than usual. I also assume that hotels are more crowded than usual. So it might be a good idea to book your stay as early as possible, especially if you want to search for something not too expensive.
Sorry for the additional trouble, but I hope this is not going to stop you from attending German Nationals!

By nickyank
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
2E World Semi-Finalist 2023
2E British National Champion 2021
Thomas, what are the nearest airports?

I would like to attend, and will if it's possible, but I need to get my passport renewed between my trip to the States in May and Europeans in July (I assume), so may end up being a choice between the Nationals and Europeans.

Any idea of a date for the Europeans yet?

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
Nick,
Kassel is roughly in the middle between Hannover and Frankfurt. From both airports you will have a drive of about 200 km, but there should be a reasonable train connection. If you need any help planing your trip, just ask here or by PM.

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
eberlems wrote:Ist am Samstag Abend wieder Pizza angesetzt?
:thumbsup:

For the non-Germans (in case somebody is reading this...): As it is tradition for German Nationals, we have a dinner reservation for Saturday evening at the usual Italian place next to the hotel.

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
The German Nationals Weekend is underway! Eight players are currently participating in round 1.

Bad news for James, Kris, and Matthew and their Regional predictions: Tobias arrived just now due to a traffic jam and thus missed the first round. And since we now would have 9 players, I am bailing out of the tournament to avoid a bye. So sorry guys, it looks like all of you have predicted wrong this week...

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
RedDwarf wrote:There's nothing wrong with a bye. It gives players a chance to get food and think about their decks.

Keep playing :shifty:
Sorry James, my players disagree with you...

Everybody, you still have about 22 hours to get to Kassel to play in the Nationals tomorrow! That should be enough time for nearly everybody.
In case you need some motivation:
Attachments:
Prizes.jpg
Prizes.jpg (128.53 KiB) Viewed 5896 times

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
Round 3 has started. The two unbeaten players Markus (2 FW) and Matthias (FW, MW) are facing each other. Tobias has won his first game and is playing against Thorsten (ML, FW)
In case you are interested , you can check the preliminary results here.

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
Final Round (since we decided to shorten the tournament to 5 rounds before we started)!
Tobias is playing Hagen, Matthias is playing Benjamin. If Tobias scores a Full Win, he wins the tournament. If he scores a Modified Win and Matthias does not score a Full Win, he wins the tournament. And all this with a Missed Game in the first round...
Current standings:
Matthias - Benjamin: 0 - 0
Tobias - Hagen: 50 - 5

@Rancour@gmx.de @Gul Dakar Florian gets the F[…]

An unlimited deck size might be one, from the orig[…]

Deck Design Strategy

And just to add to the overall discussion, coming […]

MN 2024 Gatherings

28th it is. 1E Event is up: https://www.trekcc.or[…]