The National Championship Events offer year-round opportunities for high level competition outside of the traditional "Road to Worlds." Find out more about a National Event near you!
  • 97 posts
Ambassador
 - Ambassador
 -  
I do have spare decks for anyone who needs them for both 1E and 2E (I have quantity if not quality!).

I'm also happy to lend out cards which people may require for decks as well. I only live just down the road, so I should be able to get my hands on just about any card needed.

Look forward to seeing you all there and hope you have a safe journey.

By Honest
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
2E Australian Continental Champion 2019
Peukon told me if he didn't go undefeated the entire weekend he would do a nude run around Grimsby town hall about lunchtime.

He also told me he was very unimpressed by most British players personal hygiene.

Go get'em Pete!

Honest
Ambassador
By bosskamiura (Thomas Kamiura)
 - Ambassador
 -  
Community Contributor
Honest wrote:He also told me he was very unimpressed by most British players personal hygiene.

Honest

Every playgroup has "that guy", but a whole playgroup? Man o man.

TK

By sexecutioner (Niall Matthew)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
1E World Runner-Up 2023
1E European Continental Semi-Finalist 2023
1E British National Second Runner-Up 2023
Away to leave Aberdeen in an hour.

Grimsby, you have been targeted for Sexecution.

By nickyank
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
2E World Semi-Finalist 2023
2E British National Champion 2021
And the new British National Champion is....

Drumroll

Me!

:D :cheersL:

I went 4-1, with my only loss to a marauding Dane and his Maquis deck. Peter also went 4-1, but two of his wins were modified. Highlight of the day: playing James, I'm decked, he has 6 cards in his draw deck. The score is 60-50 to me, and he then plays TATV on Bashir, drawing 6 cards and losing himself the game!

By nobthehobbit (Daniel Pareja)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
nickyank wrote:And the new British National Champion is....

Drumroll

Me!

I went 4-1, with my only loss to a marauding Dane and his Maquis deck. Peter also went 4-1, but two of his wins were modified. Highlight of the day: playing James, I'm decked, he has 6 cards in his draw deck. The score is 60-50 to me, and he then plays TATV on Bashir, drawing 6 cards and losing himself the game!
Congratulations!

But a question on that play: Wouldn't he not lose the game at that point, since he'd then place three cards back in his deck? When is that condition checked?
Ambassador
By bosskamiura (Thomas Kamiura)
 - Ambassador
 -  
Community Contributor
If you take it sentence by sentence, you deck before you have the opportunity to place three cards back "into" the deck.

TK

-  
Bosskamiura wrote:If you take it sentence by sentence, you deck before you have the opportunity to place three cards back "into" the deck.

TK
Except that the text is still pending, and win conditions (of any sort) are not checked until there is no pending text:
The Rulebook wrote:If a player would normally win the game, do not check win conditions until all pending card text has been resolved.

By Cersan
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
2E European Continental Quarter-Finalist 2023
2E Russian National Second Runner-Up 2016
nickyank wrote:And the new British National Champion is....

Drumroll

Me!

Woohoo! Congratulations Nick! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

By Kaiser
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
1E World Semi-Finalist 2023
Architect
Congratulations, Nick! Take good care of the title, I want it back next year :wink:

As for the TatV situation, I think you would play on. I vaguely remember a ruling that made it so Tapestry did no longer allow you to instantly deck yourself out, but I think that was long before the ruling about "pending effects" that you can find in the Rules Tool was made.

That being said, let's just assume playing it differently wouldn't have changed the outcome of the game. No need to lose sleep over what would have happened had the game gone on...I mean, maybe James would have won...Nick has lost games at the buzzer before...and James is a good player who has pulled off countless comebacks...you can't be 100% certain...oh, the agony...

:wink:

-  
Kaiser wrote:Congratulations, Nick! Take good care of the title, I want it back next year :wink:

As for the TatV situation, I think you would play on. I vaguely remember a ruling that made it so Tapestry did no longer allow you to instantly deck yourself out, but I think that was long before the ruling about "pending effects" that you can find in the Rules Tool was made.

That being said, let's just assume playing it differently wouldn't have changed the outcome of the game. No need to lose sleep over what would have happened had the game gone on...I mean, maybe James would have won...Nick has lost games at the buzzer before...and James is a good player who has pulled off countless comebacks...you can't be 100% certain...oh, the agony...

:wink:
The TD is always right. Even when the TD is wrong, the TD is right. :)

*dramatic noise* *suspends play* 0KF19 Kaiserfe[…]

Is Sedis a captain?

Not exactly, because that is the ONLY keywor[…]

MN 2024 Gatherings

I'll not make the 27th, unfortunately. I've pencil[…]

I get the MW 80-70....good game.