The National Championship Events offer year-round opportunities for high level competition outside of the traditional "Road to Worlds." Find out more about a National Event near you!

For more details about this tournament, to pre-register, or to view results, click here

By RedDwarf (Unjustly Banned)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
The 2013 First Edition and Second Edition United Kingdom National championships will take place on the weekend of November 16th/17th at Fanboy 3 in Manchester.

Fanboy 3
17 Newton Street
Manchester
M1 1FZ
United Kingdom

First Edition United Kingdom National Championships
Saturday 16th November @ 11am
Pre-Register Here!

Second Edition United Kingdom National Championships
Sunday 17th November @ 11am
Pre-Register Here!

Each tournament is scheduled for 4 rounds, but that number could raise dependant on participants. Prizes for all players. Decks and/or cards can be loaned to beginners. Everyone is welcome!

There will be also be side events in the evening for those who want them. Probably some kind of sealed deck play! Details to be announced soon.
First Edition Creative Manager
By KazonPADD (Paddy Tye)
 - First Edition Creative Manager
 -  
1E European Continental Runner-Up 2023
1E The Neutral Zone Regional Champion 2023
Kaiser wrote:How long will it take to get from the venue to the airport?

If the 2E runs as planned and finishes around 4pm, this might actually work for me. I'm looking at a flight into Manchester Friday evening, going back Sunday 18:00.
10 minute walk to Manchester Piccadilly train station - trains to airport are pretty regular from there - you can check times online.

By sexecutioner (Niall Matthew)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
1E World Runner-Up 2023
1E European Continental Semi-Finalist 2023
1E British National Second Runner-Up 2023
The tournament the worlds been waiting for...

The pain shall be brought toward your general direction...

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
Please note the slight increase to the cost of playing. It's not a lot, but whilst we get the venue for free, I have suggested to the owner that I'd charge a reasonable entry fee and try to buy stuff from the store (gaming products, sleeves, etc,)

Trust me, it's more than fair for what we get from the venue - who have always accommodated us without charge, never hassled us at all and let us use as much space as we need. I just felt it was time we gave something back from a larger event, to keep FanBoy3 sweet for as long as we can.

Likewise, whilst they have never bothered us about bringing food into the place, could I encourage everyone to buy drinks/snacks from the venue itself. Sure, get your meals elsewhere (Tesco express over the road), but your cans of pop and choc bars should be from FB3 ideally.

Thanks everyone.

- Gamma Quadrant
 -  
1E World Runner-Up 2023
nuttersuclan wrote:Please note the slight increase to the cost of playing. It's not a lot, but whilst we get the venue for free, I have suggested to the owner that I'd charge a reasonable entry fee and try to buy stuff from the store (gaming products, sleeves, etc,)

Trust me, it's more than fair for what we get from the venue - who have always accommodated us without charge, never hassled us at all and let us use as much space as we need. I just felt it was time we gave something back from a larger event, to keep FanBoy3 sweet for as long as we can.

Likewise, whilst they have never bothered us about bringing food into the place, could I encourage everyone to buy drinks/snacks from the venue itself. Sure, get your meals elsewhere (Tesco express over the road), but your cans of pop and choc bars should be from FB3 ideally.

Thanks everyone.
I see the reccession has not only hit strippers, but Star Trek cards as well.

:shifty:

But in all seriousness the playing fee is absolutly worth it, Fanboy 3 is a very accomidating place (everything Danny said above :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: ) and I'd reccomend to anyone that hasn't played here to come along and experience the full awesomeness of the UK STCCG scene.

:D

By HoodieDM
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
sexecutioner wrote: I see the reccession has not only hit strippers, but Star Trek cards as well.

:shifty:

But in all seriousness the playing fee is absolutly worth it, Fanboy 3 is a very accomidating place (everything Danny said above :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: ) and I'd reccomend to anyone that hasn't played here to come along and experience the full awesomeness of the UK STCCG scene.

:D
I'll be waiting at the port for my ride to this one too Niall. Don't worry, I'm sure the boat ride takes about a week...that's a lot of drinking and hanky panky until we dock ;) ;)

~D

By RedDwarf (Unjustly Banned)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
KazonPADD wrote:
Kaiser wrote:How long will it take to get from the venue to the airport?

If the 2E runs as planned and finishes around 4pm, this might actually work for me. I'm looking at a flight into Manchester Friday evening, going back Sunday 18:00.
10 minute walk to Manchester Piccadilly train station - trains to airport are pretty regular from there - you can check times online.
Trains from Manchester Piccadilly to Manchester Airport take around 20 minutes. It looks like there are 6 trains an hour on November 17th.

Here's the schedule:
Depart 15:58, Arrive 16:17
Depart 16:04, Arrive 16:21
Depart 16:13, Arrive 16:34
Depart 16:29, Arrive 16:47
Depart 16:38, Arrive 16:52
Depart 16:41, Arrive 17:02
Depart 16:58, Arrive 17:17
Depart 17:04, Arrive 17:21
Depart 17:14, Arrive 17:29
Depart 17:29, Arrive 17:47

Single tickets are £4 or £4.70 depending on the time of day
Return tickets are £9.40

- Gamma Quadrant
 -  
1E World Runner-Up 2023
nickyank wrote:Hey, northern boys, suggest a good hotel, reasonably priced and close to the venue?
Do NOT book the Merchants Hotel, anywhere but there, horrible place...
1EFQ: Game of two halves

Honestly, I don’t think I’ve re[…]

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

Happy birthday to @Takket ! :D :thumbsup: […]

Opponents turn

Remodulation