The National Championship Events offer year-round opportunities for high level competition outside of the traditional "Road to Worlds." Find out more about a National Event near you!

For more details about this tournament, to pre-register, or to view results, click here

By Mogh, Son Of Worf (Meinhard S. Rohr)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
1E Swedish National Champion 2018
Due to Nialls recommendation I passed on the Merchants and went for the Little Northern which is very close to the venue. Unfortunately that one is completely booked now.
I have not yet booked flights as I am not sure of how and when to return to Germany or if I extend my stay in England around that weekend - but my current plans would be to take the flight that lands Saturday at 10:45 am so I hope to get to the venue until 12.
Will there be any locals around to introduce a visitor to the Manchester pub world that evening? :)
Really looking forward to playing in the British scene and maybe getting a shot against the then reigning World Champ :)

By sexecutioner (Niall Matthew)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
1E World Runner-Up 2023
1E European Continental Semi-Finalist 2023
1E British National Second Runner-Up 2023
8 so far for 1E?

awesome

I've just signed up for 2E as well (i'm willing to give it a try seeing that Nic has put up with playing the superior 1E the past few times) :wink:

Anyone got a fun 2E deck spare? I like fun decks.

By nobthehobbit (Daniel Pareja)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
sexecutioner wrote:I've just signed up for 2E as well (i'm willing to give it a try...
It's good to see that you're finally seeing the light.

:P 8)

By nickyank
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
2E World Semi-Finalist 2023
2E British National Champion 2021
sexecutioner wrote:I've just signed up for 2E as well (i'm willing to give it a try seeing that Nic has put up with playing the superior 1E the past few times)

Anyone got a fun 2E deck spare? I like fun decks.
Fun decks? Borg Asimilation is fun, and guaranteed to annoy James; can be a bit complex for a newbie though. Khan is also good, and simple to play. Basically, just let me know what kind of deck you want, and I'll bring it along for you.

Nick

By sexecutioner (Niall Matthew)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
1E World Runner-Up 2023
1E European Continental Semi-Finalist 2023
1E British National Second Runner-Up 2023
nickyank wrote:Fun decks? Borg Asimilation is fun, and guaranteed to annoy James; can be a bit complex for a newbie though.
I'm experienced at 1E Borg so surely 2E Borg can't be that complex...

Though I do liike a bit of Khan....

I'll PM you on my choice.

Cheers Nic.

:thumbsup:

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
nickyank wrote:Hey, northern boys, suggest a good hotel, reasonably priced and close to the venue?
Local friends are suggesting this place, as cheap and cheerful.

The Tripadvisor reviews aren't exactly brilliant though, so perhaps it's worth waiting for our guinea pig to test it out in a few weeks (Matt Ting has booked in there for our October tournament).

By Wedge772 (Matthew Ting)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Adventurer
1E Australian National Champion 2015
nuttersuclan wrote: Local friends are suggesting this place, as cheap and cheerful.

The Tripadvisor reviews aren't exactly brilliant though, so perhaps it's worth waiting for our guinea pig to test it out in a few weeks (Matt Ting has booked in there for our October tournament).
Well, if you've seen the regular dump I stay at when in Manila, you'll know my standards aren't exactly the highest..

By Mogh, Son Of Worf (Meinhard S. Rohr)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
1E Swedish National Champion 2018
I was able to extend my stay in England so I can also play 2E on Sunday now ... so I am in good company with Niall ... could someone please lend me a deck for Sunday as well? :)

Also: Does one of you Brits that go to worlds fancy to trade some pounds/euros in Frankfurt to avoid exchange fees or the overall need to visit a bank for that? :shifty:

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
thsch wrote:By the way, what about Tribbles Nationals? Could be a nice addition for Saturday evening...
Yeah, I can run that if people desire it. Give a shout out if you want tribbles on Sat night...

I'd rather run a 1e side event, but either way it's cool with me.

PS - Sunday for me will be finished by 7pm. As I'm going to this!

Greetings 'trek fans! As discussed in our Februar[…]

1EFQ: Game of two halves

First: Rescue Captives is OP, there should[…]

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

Happy birthday to @Takket ! :D :thumbsup: […]