The National Championship Events offer year-round opportunities for high level competition outside of the traditional "Road to Worlds." Find out more about a National Event near you!

By stoovie (Matthyas Kiraly)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Because everyone else is having one...

The 2013 Brisvegas National Championships

In 2013, the Star Trek CCG year in Australia doesn't end with the Australian Continental Championships. Oh no sir, this year will go out with a BANG this November up in Brisbane.

Mike Garvey and our good friends up at Good Games Brisbane will be running the inaugural Brisvegas National Championships, with events spanning First Edition, Second Edition, and Tribbles.

In the good tradition and camaraderie Australian players are renowned for, the weekend will be jam-packed with fun games, great times, and most importantly, drinks Friday, Saturday and Sunday nights! Funding for said drinks will by the attendees of said social gathering, but I hear that a certain traveller from Perth has offered to shout the first round of beers on Saturday night. What a good sport. I'm liking this guy already!

The Brisvegas National Championships will take place with pride at Good Games Brisbane, on the weekend of th 16-17th of November 2013. For more details please PM Mike2e, or feel free to post in the official 2013 Brisvegas National Championships thread!

==========

SATURDAY - 16th November 2013

10:30am - First Edition - OTF Constructed

SUNDAY - 17th November 2013

10:30am - Tribbles

12:30am - Second Edition - Standard Constructed

==========

Good Games Brisbane
74 Little Edward Street
Spring Hill, QLD, 4000
(right next door to Dominos!)
(07) 3832 2230

brisbane@goodgames.com.au

Good Games Brisbane is located in Spring Hill, adjacent to the Brisbane city centre, ample provisions in the immediate vicinity of the store, and close to a raft of value for money accommodation and entertainment options for travellers. It's the gaming centre of Brisbane!

==========

By Mike2E
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
Greetings all!

Small update - I've amended the 1e and 2e event listings for this weekend to show that each of those will have a $5 entry fee. So, there will be prizes, just not a huge prize pool. Tribbles event for the weekend will be free, meaning that a tenner will get you through the weekend, as they say*.

Would appreciate it if people could also pre-register for the event/s if possible, just so I can start making plans to ensure everything is covered. For the regulars/those who traveled to our Regionals; we'll have the 'small' room booked out for us during the weekend, so we should be right for seating.

Just over 3 weeks to go! :)

*May not have actually been said by anyone, ever.

By Honest
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
2E Australian Continental Champion 2019
Apart from those pre registered (and what a handsome looking representation that is) from Sydney, you can also expect Walzo, Jayzilla and CBGB, with Clayton and Chompers an outside chance

And of course we have Trek Royalty with SToovie being amongst us for the weekend. First beer is on me Brother! (ps when you moving to Sydney?)

Cheers

Honest

By Honest
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
2E Australian Continental Champion 2019
Mike2E wrote:Hooray!!

That's something else I wanted to organise/discuss - a social/drinks thing, because Glenys wants to come along and meet all these people I keep talking about/travelling interstate to hangout with.... ;)
You're....not embarrassed????

Anytime is fine with me Brother

Honest

By Iron Mike
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
1E Australian National Runner-Up 2015
2E Australian National Runner-Up 2015
How many rounds is Sunday going to be?

I need to be off at 5 to catch my flight.

By stoovie (Matthyas Kiraly)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Geez, that means that I have to be on my best behaviour then! ;)

Yes, all this sounds supremely awesome. Mike2e, any suggestions on venue for said social get-together? Last time I was in Brissie I was a kid and with the parents, so t'was no partying, so to speak. I have no idea where the best places are.

By Mike2E
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
Iron Mike wrote:How many rounds is Sunday going to be?

I need to be off at 5 to catch my flight.
Currently have 4 rounds listed for 2e on Sunday, kicking off at 12:30, so you *should* be right. It may start a bit before then, depending on how the preceding Tribbles event runs (and that kicks off at 10:30).

By Mike2E
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
stoovie wrote:Geez, that means that I have to be on my best behaviour then! ;)

Yes, all this sounds supremely awesome. Mike2e, any suggestions on venue for said social get-together? Last time I was in Brissie I was a kid and with the parents, so t'was no partying, so to speak. I have no idea where the best places are.
To be honest, I have *NO* idea where would be good for a get together - I don't get out much at all these days. I'll see what I can find that is central/easy to get to for all. During the Regionals visit I believe the visitors found somewhere good at West End...?

By Iron Mike
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
1E Australian National Runner-Up 2015
2E Australian National Runner-Up 2015
No problem, but you have to refer to me by mine. :D

Also, is Brisbekistan expensive for taxi stuff?
Question for noob

To his location (but anywhere at that location - p[…]

Still a few weeks left to get registered for the[…]

Hey all, we are running a "Warum-up" fo[…]

Still a few weeks left to get registered for the f[…]