The National Championship Events offer year-round opportunities for high level competition outside of the traditional "Road to Worlds." Find out more about a National Event near you!
North American OP Coordinator
By The Ninja Scot (Michael Van Breemen)
 - North American OP Coordinator
 -  
1E World Quarter-Finalist 2023
2E World Champion 2023
Tribbles World Champion 2022
The Traveler
1E North American Continental Champion 2023
2E North American Continental Champion 2023
  Trek Masters 1E Champion 2024
1E American National Champion 2023
1E Canadian National Champion 2023
2E Canadian National Champion 2023
2E  National Runner-Up 2023
2E American National Second Runner-Up 2023
1E The Neutral Zone Regional Champion 2023
2E The Neutral Zone Regional Champion 2023
Here's the thread for US Nationals 2016

Michael

By HoodieDM
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
ENTRY FEES, PELDOR JOI, & PRIZE SUPPORT:

ENTRY FEES:

Main Events (excluding Tribbles) are $25/ea to help support the cost of the room and prize support. But if you play in *BOTH* 1E & 2E I will give $10 off, so that's $40 in total for Saturday's main events.

Side events are based off cost of sealed product. I have a lot of hard to find sealed 1E and 2E product that is cost of market value at a reasonable price. As well as cost for VP cards at the printer I will have to support the sealed and draft events.

PELDOR JOI

Also to help support the community, we are doing a Peldor Joi raffle event! If you bring in 5 boxed/canned goods, I will take $5 off your main event entry fee (applied to only one of the events). So if you are just coming for 1E *OR* 2E, it would cost you $25 or $20+5 donated goods. If you play both events it would be $40 or $35+5 donated goods.

On top of that, for each good* you bring in, you will get a raffle ticket. So 5 canned goods will net you 5 raffle tickets. You can bring in additional goods and get additional raffle tickets (again each good = 1 ticket) and we will have awesome donated prizes. Each prize will have it's own box, so if there's only one prize you want to put all of your tickets in, you can do that, or if you want to spread out your chances to try and win multiple prizes, you can do that as well. Pictures will be incoming soon on some of this awesome prize support! The raffle will be drawn after the 1st round of the 2E Nationals event.

*disclaimer: please make sure your canned or boxed good is sealed and no short dated items. Please nothing super cheap i.e. a single pack of Ramen noodles would not be considered an individual item, but a multi-pack of Ramen noodles would equal one good*

PRIZE SUPPORT

Main Events will contain appropriate Nationals prize kits as well as additional items. I am having shirts specially made for 1E and 2E for top 3 placements. Ryan Sutton is donating top 3 medals for all 3 events. And Tribbles will have the Tribble Breeders Cup! (pictures to follow)

Side events will have prize support.

Again, pictures will be incoming as prizes get finalized (some are in the shop being made now).

If any questions, please let me know, thanks!
~D
Last edited by HoodieDM on Tue Sep 27, 2016 1:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

- Beta Quadrant
 -  
Well darn. The local Supernatural fan group was doing something friday but a chance to get some more 2e product? I can't pass that up.

So it would be $50 total for the 2e events Friday & Saturday? (I might come the thursday event, got to see if I have any decks ready & if I can stay at my bud's house)

How are decklists submitted? Analog or digital?

By HoodieDM
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Nate Winchester wrote: So it would be $50 total for the 2e events Friday & Saturday? (I might come the thursday event, got to see if I have any decks ready & if I can stay at my bud's house)
$25 for sealed event on Friday and $25 (or $20 if you bring in 5 canned/boxed goods to donate) for Nationals 2E event on Saturday
I ask that you do digital for the main event. The side events aren't required.

Thanks,
~D

- Beta Quadrant
 -  
HoodieDM wrote:
Nate Winchester wrote: So it would be $50 total for the 2e events Friday & Satu
I ask that you do digital for the main event. The side events aren't required.

Thanks,
~D
Thx. Is it an email to you or is there a submit function on the website somewhere?

By HoodieDM
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Nate Winchester wrote: Thx. Is it an email to you or is there a submit function on the website somewhere?
PM'd :)

~D

- Beta Quadrant
 -  
I'm asking this here instead of PMing in case some other folks have the question too.

Say some other folks want to come along and play but aren't signed up here. 1) That ok? 2) Should the decklists be brought along beforehand or do I need to somehow submit it later?

I might be able to convince some of our SFI chapter to come to this, will find out tomorrow.

- Beta Quadrant
 -  
Another question because we've had some interests in sealed.

What are the rules for sealed? Standard deck sizes I figure. Are sealed decks still stuck with the rule of 3 or only the rule of availability?

By HoodieDM
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Nate Winchester wrote:Another question because we've had some interests in sealed.

What are the rules for sealed? Standard deck sizes I figure. Are sealed decks still stuck with the rule of 3 or only the rule of availability?

See rules for "Dangerous Missions" format. All rules applied from there.

~D

- Beta Quadrant
 -  
HoodieDM wrote:
Nate Winchester wrote:Another question because we've had some interests in sealed.

See rules for "Dangerous Missions" format. All rules applied from there.

~D
Thanks.

Um. Where is it? "Drangerous Missions Draft Rules" is on the site index, is that the right one?

By HoodieDM
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Nate Winchester wrote: Um. Where is it? "Drangerous Missions Draft Rules" is on the site index, is that the right one?
Yes sir.

Also:

The card limits in deck construction for the Dangerous Missions Draft format are as
follows:

Draw deck 25 cards minimum (no maximum)
Dilemma pile 10 cards minimum (no maximum)
Missions 3 cards minimum (5 maximum)
Each player’s card pool may contain no more than five missions. If a player has more
than five missions in his or her card pool when drafting is completed, he or she selects
the corresponding Dangerous Missions mission** and four other missions to keep. The
tournament director should redistribute any remaining missions: first, to any players
who do not have both a planet and a space mission in his or her card pool; then to the
player(s) with the least number of missions in his or her card pool.

**Remember this is slightly different in that there will be more than just the normal 3 DM affiliations from the original set. There will be all types of affiliations available based on what is randomly chosen**

WINNING THE GAME
A player wins the game when he or she has:
•scored 70 points (or more);
•completed at least one planet mission; and
•completed at least one space mission.

~D

- Beta Quadrant
 -  
HoodieDM wrote:
Nate Winchester wrote: Um. Where is it? "Drangerous Missions Draft Rules" is on the site index, is that the right one?
Yes sir.

Also:

The card limits in deck construction for the Dangerous Missions Draft format are as
follows:

Draw deck 25 cards minimum (no maximum)
Dilemma pile 10 cards minimum (no maximum)
Missions 3 cards minimum (5 maximum)
Each player’s card pool may contain no more than five missions. If a player has more
than five missions in his or her card pool when drafting is completed, he or she selects
the corresponding Dangerous Missions mission** and four other missions to keep. The
tournament director should redistribute any remaining missions: first, to any players
who do not have both a planet and a space mission in his or her card pool; then to the
player(s) with the least number of missions in his or her card pool.

**Remember this is slightly different in that there will be more than just the normal 3 DM affiliations from the original set. There will be all types of affiliations available based on what is randomly chosen**

WINNING THE GAME
A player wins the game when he or she has:
•scored 70 points (or more);
•completed at least one planet mission; and
•completed at least one space mission.

~D
:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :cheersR:

By HoodieDM
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Fridays 2E Draft. Example of what you will be getting!

~D

MOD EDIT: Moved the photo into a hidden tag in order to obtain a better usuability of the boards. -paz
Last edited by Pazuzu on Fri Oct 21, 2016 2:57 am, edited 1 time in total. Reason: Moderation
1EFQ: Game of two halves

Honestly, I don’t think I’ve re[…]

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

Happy birthday to @Takket ! :D :thumbsup: […]

Opponents turn

Remodulation