The National Championship Events offer year-round opportunities for high level competition outside of the traditional "Road to Worlds." Find out more about a National Event near you!
European OP Coordinator
 - European OP Coordinator
 -  
My dear local organizers in Europe!

I'm very sorry to keep you waiting for the list of High Level Events in Europe for 2020. My mum is still in hospital (it's 4 months now), my head is somewhere else, so I hope everybody understand that I have my head an heart mostly somewhere else at the Moment.

BUT, the show must go on, and high Level Events must be organized!!!

This thread will only cover up Masters, Nationals and Continentals.

Some dates to remember:

We've had 3 1E Nationals. We've had 3 2E Nationals and last but not least 2 Tribbles Nationals. We had Continentals in the UK and of Course the "great mess" in Vienna, Worlds 2019. Again, I have to apologize not writing a proper article for all the great stuff happened in August, it will come very soon (I hope)

To Point it out again: Europe will only have one Masters for each game in a year. With Nationals being almost the same, and having a lot of Nations in Europe compared to the US, it is just fair that we "switch the sides" here. The US can only have one National event per year, to equalize that Europe will only have one Master event per game.

Please start planning your next year's high level events, please post your plans here or send me a message. I already received some messages I'll include hear in the next couple of days, please don't hesitate to remind me of your planned Event by posting it again here :P I especially encourage the European player groups without any high level events in 2019 to send me a message if I could be of any help to organize something. I have proven last year with 1E Nationals 2018 in Sweden for example, that you don't need a big local playgroup or a lot of local tournaments to get a high level event; each and everyone can try it out!!!

And finally, here is what we already have:

*) April 19th: 2E Trek Masters @ Essex (UK) - Nickyank's Milestone Tournament (https://www.trekcc.org/tournament/index ... ntID=11327) - Unfortunately cancelled because of COVID

*) July 4th: 1E German Nationals @ Kaiserfest III

*) October 10th: 2E & Tri German Nationals @ Fuldabrück (near Kassel)

*)October 25th / 26th: 2E Austrian National & 2E Austrian Regional & Tri Austrian National & Tri Austrian Regional

*) November 21st: 1E British Nationals @ Manchester

:cheersL: :cheersL: :cheersL: :borg: :cheersR: :cheersR: :cheersR:

PS: Dates in BOLD are final, all others are in debate 8)
Last edited by Clerasil ToB on Tue Sep 29, 2020 3:30 pm, edited 5 times in total.
European OP Coordinator
 -  
Honest wrote:Your dedication is impressive and admirable. Much respect.

I hope your Mum experiences a rapid recovery. Cheers for you and her.

Honest
Thanks for your kind words.

The sad truth is that some OTHER people used this time of a guy being on his very ground to kick him into the face even more. Too bad, I don't let you win :shifty: :shifty: :shifty:

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
Clerasil ToB wrote:

Honest

The sad truth is that some OTHER people used this time of a guy being on his very ground to kick him into the face even more. Too bad, I don't let you win :shifty: :shifty: :shifty:
Huh?

I don't get this.

Clearly I missed something...
European OP Coordinator
 -  
Armus wrote:
Clerasil ToB wrote:

Honest

Huh?

I don't get this.

Clearly I missed something...
No, please don't start a discussion about that here, maybe the people I'm referring to understand, maybe not, I just wanted to make a statement.

And now back to business... :cheersL: :cheersL: :cheersL: :borg: :cheersR: :cheersR: :cheersR:
European OP Coordinator
 -  
One other thing to add referring Austrian Nationals 2020:

We've tried it last year (with little success, but that wasn't a surprise with Worlds 2019 in Vienna :P ) and we're gonna do it again this year:

We'll make our 1E and 2E Nationals at the same weekend as the Regionals to attract as many "foreigners" to come to attend two high level tournaments in two days. So Austrian Nationals will take place in the Regional season and will be announced as early as possible!!!
Director of Organized Play
By LORE (Kris Sonsteby)
 - Director of Organized Play
 -  
Architect
1E Andoria Regional Champion 2023
2E Andoria Regional Champion 2023
W.C.T. Chairman's Trophy winner 2014-2015
Just in an effort to help Jules out, please copy me on any requests for high-level events for Europe for 2020 to make sure we catch them all and they get responses. Ultimately, Jules has final say in what we do for Europe this year, but I would like to back him up given his family obligations.

By monty42 (Benjamin Liebich)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
2E World Quarter-Finalist 2023
Chancellor
2E European Continental Runner-Up 2023
2E German National Champion 2022
Are there any updates regarding european continentals?
European OP Coordinator
 -  
monty42 wrote:Are there any updates regarding european continentals?
I'll post all the details as soon as I have them...
European OP Coordinator
 -  
One update is already known - German 2E and Tribbles Nationals will be played on October 10th.

And something new: We're trying to make the Austrian 2E & Tribbles Nationals (and our Regionals as well) happen on October 25th & 26th. Unfortunately those events are not in the system yet because we have to try out a new location :shifty:

Both events will be played physically with all the necessary precautions. Nevertheless IF COVID wants to spit us into our soup again (with lockdowns for example) there is the chance of cancellations. Also because of the current travel situation in Europe (2-week quarantine for example) it might not be the best idea to travel to your neighbours this time, as sad as it sounds... :( :( :(
First Edition Creative Manager
By KazonPADD (Paddy Tye)
 - First Edition Creative Manager
 -  
1E European Continental Runner-Up 2023
1E The Neutral Zone Regional Champion 2023
Update on UK 1E Nationals: although I’d still like to hold these as scheduled, the recent tightening of the UK Rules is making this harder to achieve. I’m going to keep monitoring the situation and provide an update in late October.
European OP Coordinator
 -  
KazonPADD wrote: Sun Sep 27, 2020 10:35 pm Update on UK 1E Nationals: although I’d still like to hold these as scheduled, the recent tightening of the UK Rules is making this harder to achieve. I’m going to keep monitoring the situation and provide an update in late October.
Please don't do anything that's risky or you're uncomfortable with. As much as I would like to see this National happen, the safety of you all is much more important than that!!!
European OP Coordinator
 -  
The dates of the Austrian National / Regional Weekend for 2E and Tribbles are confirmed - we'll try our very best to make them happen, but this year everything is uncertain and I will definately not risk the tournaments being ended by the Police because they call it a "COVID-Party" :shifty:
Question for noob

That's the question. The Isolinear Rods downloads […]

Only works when RS is played after AIV. This is be[…]

Still a few weeks left to get registered for the[…]

Hey all, we are running a "Warum-up" fo[…]