The National Championship Events offer year-round opportunities for high level competition outside of the traditional "Road to Worlds." Find out more about a National Event near you!

For more details about this tournament, to pre-register, or to view results, click here

Executive Officer
By jadziadax8 (Maggie Geppert)
 - Executive Officer
 -  
2E North American Continental Semi-Finalist 2023
ibbles  Trek Masters Tribbles Champion 2023
2E Deep Space 9 Regional Champion 2023
Nerdopolis Prime wrote: hehehehe, LOL

I know that too well :D
When I read that post, I was literally in the midst of grading a bunch of labs and yelling out to the aether, "did you even read the fucking question?"

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
Kaiser wrote:
jadziadax8 wrote:
Nerdopolis Prime wrote: hehehehe, LOL

I know that too well :D
When I read that post, I was literally in the midst of grading a bunch of labs and yelling out to the aether, "did you even read the fucking question?"
Language.
That's why she yelled it while grading and not actually AT her students (I hope!)
Executive Officer
By jadziadax8 (Maggie Geppert)
 - Executive Officer
 -  
2E North American Continental Semi-Finalist 2023
ibbles  Trek Masters Tribbles Champion 2023
2E Deep Space 9 Regional Champion 2023
Armus wrote:
Kaiser wrote: Language.
That's why she yelled it while grading and not actually AT her students (I hope!)
One of the greatest things about teaching college is that I can swear in front of my students and not get fired.

In this case, it happened to be me in the dining room yelling at students who can't hear me.

Is this better, Kaiser?

Hast du überhaupt die verdammte Frage gelesen?
Last edited by jadziadax8 on Sat Jun 13, 2020 10:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

By Mogh, Son Of Worf (Meinhard S. Rohr)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
1E Swedish National Champion 2018
Kaiser wrote:
jadziadax8 wrote: When I read that post, I was literally in the midst of grading a bunch of labs and yelling out to the aether, "did you even read the fucking question?"
Language.
I assume she had too much contact with Professor Carter that old potty-mouth.

Here is the mantra I always recited to my colleagues and PhD students: "The student is not the enemy" ... however, events in recent past have made me question that mantra ...

By Nerdopolis Prime (Nerdopolis Prime)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Die schlimmsten sind die, die sich vor die Tafel stellen und glauben alles besser zu wissen. Elende kleine Klugscheisser ... Na ja ... Lehrer eben :wink:

Sollte niemanden beleidigen, war nur ein Scherz aus meiner Schulzeit
:D

By Kaiser
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
1E World Semi-Finalist 2023
Architect
Two things:

- with the limitations on gatherings at private residences lifted as of today, this tournament will be back on as German National Championship for STCCG 1E (see announcement article by the European OP Coordinator on the front page today)
- details on the scenario rules will be posted by Friday. There will be 15 different artifacts in the pool, 24 space/planet dilemmas (mostly ones that aren't widely played; the idea is to keep the mission somewhat unpredictable, but not stacked with eeevil things - you can always seed those yourself), and 14 NA AU personnel (mostly ones that are loaded with skills or nice gametext)
- self-seeds at Rogue Comet will be encountered BEFORE you get to the see rest
- Each personnel that is shown with their face appropriately covered (including Worf and Jazia), each MEDICAL-related equipment, Environmental Suit, each Ketracel-White, each Mask of Korgano, etc. (I'm open to creative interpretations here) will increase the personnel limit aboard ships by one.

For questions/suggestions, please post here.
European OP Coordinator
 - European OP Coordinator
 -  
Will the special rules apply to Saturday's tournament (so the National) or will there be an additional tournament on Sunday (as usual) with the special rules?
European OP Coordinator
 -  
Kaiser wrote:
admiral-mogh wrote:Body Armor or Environmental Suit should be valid substitutes for The Mask of Korgano?
I'll allow it! In fact, personnel that are shown with their face properly covered will not count toward the personnel restrictions aboard ships either. Be like Idrin. Be like Thot Gor. Be like Worf and Jadzia! :thumbsup:
Would Ezri Dax (Cold Front) or Falcon be covering theiry faces enough? :P
European OP Coordinator
 -  
Kaiser wrote:Two things:

- details on the scenario rules will be posted by Friday. There will be 15 different artifacts in the pool, 24 space/planet dilemmas (mostly ones that aren't widely played; the idea is to keep the mission somewhat unpredictable, but not stacked with eeevil things - you can always seed those yourself), and 14 NA AU personnel (mostly ones that are loaded with skills or nice gametext)

- Each personnel that is shown with their face appropriately covered (including Worf and Jazia), each MEDICAL-related equipment, Environmental Suit, each Ketracel-White, each Mask of Korgano, etc. (I'm open to creative interpretations here) will increase the personnel limit aboard ships by one.
*) You don't need an AU Doorway to earn the NA personnel right?

*) Are all the "normally" seeded cards encountered before the secial stuff jumps in?

*) Is the increase active for BOTH players and for EACH ship, regardless where the covered card actually is? One shots like Interrupts won't work or do they?

By Kaiser
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Architect
*) You don't need an AU Doorway to earn the NA personnel right?
:thumbsup: Correct, no AU Doorway required. The Archive does not care about that.
*) Are all the "normally" seeded cards encountered before the secial stuff jumps in?
If you want to seed dilemmas under Rogue Comet, treat them like self seeds: They will be encountered AFTER you have seen Cryosatellite, the three random seeds, and the artifact - in that order - you will only get see which Artifact it is after clearing the random dilemmas (if any); then you will find the self-seed of the player who goes first, then that of the player who goes second (if both players want to seed more than one card, alternate).
*) Is the increase active for BOTH players and for EACH ship, regardless where the covered card actually is? One shots like Interrupts won't work or do they?
No, it only applies to where those personnel/equipment are present. Not sure which interrupt(s) you have in mind, but if it's sth. that stays in play for some time, then I'd say it's good for however long the interrupt is in effect.
Last edited by Kaiser on Thu Jun 18, 2020 8:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

By Kaiser
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Architect
Clerasil ToB wrote:Will the special rules apply to Saturday's tournament (so the National) or will there be an additional tournament on Sunday (as usual) with the special rules?
The idea was to do it for the main event on Saturday, unless a majority is unhappy with that and would rather play straightforward OTF.

By Kaiser
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Architect
Some clarifications:

Seeding at Investigate Rogue Comet:

• special rules cards are seeded first and will be encountered first, in this order: Cryosatellite > 3 random seeds > guaranteed Artifact
• after the special rules seed cards are placed, players can, in the dilemma phase, seed their own dilemmas (and ONLY dilemmas!) under Investigate Rogue Comet. These cards will be encountered AFTER the special seeds. Player who goes first places first and encounters their dilemma first, player who goes second places the next card to be encounterd then. Repeat this for additional dilemmas.
• The special rules seed cards consist of 15 different Artifacts, 24 dilemmas, and 24 personnel. Investigate Rogue Comet will have a guaranteed Artifact and a random selection of three cards from the dilemma+personnel pool. Could be three dilemmas, could be three personnel, or any combination.
• If Borg player acquires personnel from Cryosatellite, they may immediately assimilate them.
• If a player acquires a copy of personnel they already command, congratulations! You now have a clone!
• Keep in mind that acquiring personnel might put you over the personnel limit on your ship. In that case, you may keep the personnel aboard for the moment, but once personnel leave the ship, they need to observe the limit in order to come back aboard.
[Art] List of Artifacts:
Alien Gambling Device
Antique Machine Gun
Betazoid Gift Box (you may choose to trigger this AFTER the automatic Masaka Transformations upon completing the mission has happened)
Blade of Tkon
Data's Head (heck, we'll let that count as a facemask)
Iconian Gateway (if the artifact says "place in hand", you may add it to your hand AFTER the automatic Masaka has happened)
Kurlan Naiskos
Mona Lisa
Mysterious Orb
Phased Cloaking Device
Ressikan Flute
The Book
The Genesis Device
Varon T-Disruptor
Vulcan Stone of Gol
[D] List of Dilemmas:
A Good Day to Lie
A Fast Ship Would Be Nice
Altonian Brain Teaser
Balancing Act (does not count Investigate Rogue Comet)
Borg Servo
Cardassian Processing
Chula: Trickery
Common Thief
Crippling Injury
Cytoplasmic Life-form
Difference of Opinion
Distracted By Thoughts of Home
Experience BiJ!
Eye to Eye
Ferengi Ingenuity
Frame of Mind
Hard Time
Hazardous Duty
Hunter Probe
Microbrain
One to One
Secret Identity
The Caretaker's "Guests"
The Clown: Playing Doctor
[NA] [1E-AU] List of Personnel:
Garak
Alice Series
Andrea
Barbara Series
Curator Quarren
David Marcus
Dr. Cochrane
Feezal Phlox
Frederick La Rouque
Joachim
Jonathan Archer
Kirk-Android
Lakanta
Madam Guinan
Martia
Norman
Raakin
S'salk
Skalaar
Slar
Thomas Paris
Vina
Arik Soong
Trevix
European OP Coordinator
 -  
Kaiser wrote:
Clerasil ToB wrote:Will the special rules apply to Saturday's tournament (so the National) or will there be an additional tournament on Sunday (as usual) with the special rules?
The idea was to do it for the main event on Saturday, unless a majority is unhappy with that and would rather play straightforward OTF.
I would prefer to have the National a standard OTF and keep the special rules for a side event on Friday / Sunday. But I'll be fine with whatever the majority decides :cheersL: :cheersL: :cheersL: :borg: :cheersR: :cheersR: :cheersR:

By scox (Johan Skoglund)
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
Clerasil ToB wrote:
Kaiser wrote:
I would prefer to have the National a standard OTF and keep the special rules for a side event on Friday / Sunday. But I'll be fine with whatever the majority decides :cheersL: :cheersL: :cheersL: :borg: :cheersR: :cheersR: :cheersR:
I have not played since Vienna - so I'm fine with same or separate tournaments - whatever the majority wants - i.e. I can bring 2 decks without problems, to play the second one Friday and/or Sunday. :cheersR:

Wird erledigt : ). Es war übrigens wirklich[…]

I suspect that’s the usual forum badges you […]

Zwei Turniere und das schon im März ... Das L[…]

Is it now that we talk about the dream card forum?[…]