The National Championship Events offer year-round opportunities for high level competition outside of the traditional "Road to Worlds." Find out more about a National Event near you!
Director of Organized Play
By LORE (Kris Sonsteby)
 - Director of Organized Play
 -  
Architect
1E Andoria Regional Champion 2023
2E Andoria Regional Champion 2023
W.C.T. Chairman's Trophy winner 2014-2015
Good morning, subspace competitors! As mentioned on the front page today, the United States Nationals Championships will be taking to the airwaves in light of GenCon's cancellation. That's right! For the first time ever, invaders from far and wide will be able to compete along side their American compatriots in an Independence Day (U.S.) throw down for First Edition, Second Edition, and Tribbles.

Pairings for our tributes will be posted in their respective online event threads starting on July 4th. Participants will have one week to sync up, play and report the game result. Results should be reported via a forum post or via a PM to yours truly, LORE.

Tournament requirements / general info:

- LackeyCCG and voice communication (Skype, Discord, etc.) are required to play
- Rules/Banned cards in effect at the start of the tournament remain in effect throughout
- Rules questions may be directed to myself and / or any of the following CC members if you can't reach me within a reasonable time frame: Charlie Plaine, James Heaney, Michael Van Breemen, or Jules Melhardt. (For best results, try copying a couple of us from different time zones onto your PM.)
- You may NOT change your decks between rounds
- Established time limits for each game will be enforced as declared in the current OP guide

Good luck to all who join in on the first event in the Subspace Championship Series. And may the odds be ever in your favor...

By sexecutioner (Niall Matthew)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
1E World Runner-Up 2023
1E European Continental Semi-Finalist 2023
1E British National Second Runner-Up 2023
JeBuS wrote:
sexecutioner wrote:Hey! Where's my funky flag? I want a flag!
Move to the States?
Thanks for the offer, but I'll prioritise the following in my life over a flag...

- Free Healthcare / subscriptions of drugs (medicine for you non-US folk)
- The date before the month when saying/writing a date
- Buying a sweetie from the shop, and the price on the shelf label is exactly the same as it is when it's scanned in the till.

Though I do like guns and freedom... I might be tempted to Americanize myself.

By monty42 (Benjamin Liebich)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
2E World Quarter-Finalist 2023
Chancellor
2E European Continental Runner-Up 2023
2E German National Champion 2022
I wasn't even aware until now that you guys even had state flags which makes me wonder why we german players don't have this...

By Maelwys (Chris Lobban)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Community Contributor
sexecutioner wrote:- Free Healthcare / subscriptions of drugs (medicine for you non-US folk)
Can't help you there.
sexecutioner wrote:- The date before the month when saying/writing a date
I've compromised by just using YYYY-MM-DD all the time instead. Logical, and everybody can read it equally well. Plus, in programming that's generally what you need to use anyway, because it actually sorts logically.
sexecutioner wrote:- Buying a sweetie from the shop, and the price on the shelf label is exactly the same as it is when it's scanned in the till.
Hey, Oregon actually has this! No sales tax means that the price you pay is the price on the sticker, it's pretty nice.
Director of Operations
By JeBuS (Brian S)
 - Director of Operations
 -  
1E Deep Space 9 Regional Champion 2023
As a programmer, I have to say that the vast majority of the world does dates wrong. You should put the year first, then the month, then the day.
First Edition Creative Manager
By KazonPADD (Paddy Tye)
 - First Edition Creative Manager
 -  
1E European Continental Runner-Up 2023
1E The Neutral Zone Regional Champion 2023
Boffo97 wrote:
sexecutioner wrote: - The date before the month when saying/writing a date
That’s what the guns are for! Enjoy paying for the healthcare afterwards...
First Edition Rules Master
By BCSWowbagger (James Heaney)
 - First Edition Rules Master
 -  
Community Contributor
JeBuS wrote:
As a programmer, I have to say that the vast majority of the world does dates wrong. You should put the year first, then the month, then the day.
I am the third programmer to agree with this. It's how I name all my files when date matters.

I am also partial to just writing the month: "1 July 2020."

EDIT: Also, welcome to our new & returning players! Great to see fresh faces at a giant event like this!
1EFQ: Game of two halves

Or maybe keep your unsolicited snark to yo[…]

Vulcan Lander and its ability

What constrains this strategy is the number of c[…]

Ignoring point losses & Timing

I would be interested in the answer to this as wel[…]

Greetings 'trek fans! As discussed in our Februar[…]