Check out the trials and troubles of the first Will of the Collective, where the community designed a card for the first time!

Which version should become the final game text for Consume Me!?

Consume Me! Version 1
21%
Consume Me! Version 2
14%
Consume Me! Version 3
26%
Consume Me! Version 4
5%
Consume Me! Version 5
2%
Consume Me! Version 6
12%
Consume Me! Version 7
12%
Consume Me! Version 8
5%
Consume Me! Version 9
5%

By Frimmel
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
I think the versions where you get both an effect AND a chance to be sure it is consumed are too powerful. Although I suppose that could be corrected for with a sufficiently high enough cost. #6 seems to be the best in regards to stacking it to assure it is consumed

One dilemma draw and spend getting two effects AND essentially reducing the cost of a consume dilemma for only being overcome once seems a lot.

At the moment I'm leaning towards number 2 as it is 'clean.' Also towards number 8 as it is similarly 'clean.'

By charlie
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
I like combining it with Urgency. Although getting it to the top of the deck is really nice. But the cost would have to be higher and may cause some people to pass it up. We also don't want to create a card that may create a NPE for players. We all feel anger towards certain cards when we see them being played. And there could be a rash of Fed decks with Kirk killing this particular dilemma while it is popular. Or people using Krim to remove it from the deck.
First Edition Rules Master
 - First Edition Rules Master
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
Community Contributor
Had to vote for #1 (simplest implementation, lets us see what the mechanic does before we get wacky-go-nuts), but I have to give props to Mr. "if you have skill, skill, skill, skill and skill" - I want to see that on another dilemma one day. :cross:

- Beta Quadrant
 -  
MidnightLich wrote:
grandnagusmorn wrote:Could we get a breakdown on about how much freedom we will have with lore on each of these cards?
Users will be able to submit their choices for lore, which will be filtered down and then voted upon.

-crp
I guess what I meant was how much space we will have for lore on each of these cards.
Second Edition Design Manager
By The Guardian (Richard New)
 - Second Edition Design Manager
 -  
2E North American Continental Quarter-Finalist 2023
dlacoste wrote:
Mugato wrote:Shouldn't this say "place this dilemma on top of your Opponents dilemma pile?
It should also reference the dilemma pile as belonging to the player on your left.
Or more simply, its owner's dilemma pile.
Last edited by The Guardian on Sat Apr 19, 2008 5:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

By DaSchemer
 - Alpha Quadrant
 -  
MidnightLich wrote:
Consume Me! Version 1
Dilemma
Place this dilemma on top of its owner's dilemma pile. When this dilemma is placed beneath a mission by a Consume dilemma, your opponent names a skill. Randomly select a personnel with that skill to be killed.
Consume Me! Version 2
Dilemma
Your opponent names a skill. Randomly select a personnel with that skill to be stopped. When this dilemma is placed beneath a mission by a Consume dilemma, your opponent names a skill. Randomly select a personnel with that skill to be killed.
arent version 1 and version 2 the same thing :?: :?:
Ambassador
By Linkan (Torbjörn Lindquist)
 - Ambassador
 -  
Architect
DaSchemer wrote:
MidnightLich wrote:
Consume Me! Version 1
Dilemma
Place this dilemma on top of its owner's dilemma pile. When this dilemma is placed beneath a mission by a Consume dilemma, your opponent names a skill. Randomly select a personnel with that skill to be killed.
Consume Me! Version 2
Dilemma
Your opponent names a skill. Randomly select a personnel with that skill to be stopped. When this dilemma is placed beneath a mission by a Consume dilemma, your opponent names a skill. Randomly select a personnel with that skill to be killed.
arent version 1 and version 2 the same thing :?: :?:

No, the first one stops a personnel when played normally and then gets beneath the mission. The second one doesn't do anything, but is placed on top of its owners dilemma pile.

By Foreman
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
It would help me to vote if I knew what the cost of each of them would be. I am under the impression that the dilemma will follow some knd of costing matrix, so it should be possible to tell us what the cost on each on would be.

By charlie
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Since it is losing, I will admit that I am the author of choice #4, unless you have skill, skill, skill, skill, and skill..... I thought that it went in a familar, yet different direction, combining 2 favorite dilemmas. Maybe the design committee will keep it in mind for future game play.
 -  
You all realize that the way the voting is going that this card is probably going to cost ALOT! Brute power doesn't mean better. Everyone seems to like Version #3, but I am more and more fearing that one. Pulling back on the reigns allows us to have a card that costs less and will thus get used more.

- Beta Quadrant
 -  
The Guardian wrote:You all realize that the way the voting is going that this card is probably going to cost ALOT! Brute power doesn't mean better. Everyone seems to like Version #3, but I am more and more fearing that one. Pulling back on the reigns allows us to have a card that costs less and will thus get used more.
I agree completely. I think there will be a big difference in playability between a Consume Me that cost 2 and and one that costs 3 or more. I have hope that if Version 3 wins, that the design team won't be too conservative in costing it and that they will decide that the conditional stop plus self-placing text can still get away with cost 2.

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
The Guardian wrote:You all realize that the way the voting is going that this card is probably going to cost ALOT! Brute power doesn't mean better. Everyone seems to like Version #3, but I am more and more fearing that one. Pulling back on the reigns allows us to have a card that costs less and will thus get used more.
I wouldn't worry about that. Version 3 is not a guaranteed stop, so it will probably get costed at roughly 2 or 3. (This is above par when considering with Hard Time)
 -  
MilesStuntDouble wrote:
I wouldn't worry about that. Version 3 is not a guaranteed stop, so it will probably get costed at roughly 2 or 3. (This is above par when considering with Hard Time)
That's not the part that I am concerned about costing. Instead, I am concerned about costing a guaranteed kill (barring kill prevention of some sort). Especially one based on a selected skill. What would you cost Option #1? Then add that to your 2 or 3. I could see it up around 4 or 5. On the other hand, if you like the effect of it stacking itself, I might vote for Option #1 for that lesser cost, or even Option #6 for an even more reduced cost.

By Foreman
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
The interesting thing is that the cost of the dilemma doesn't matter if you can get it to be consumed without having your opponent face it first.

So the cost is just the amount you have to pay to get it on top of your dilemma pile. (+ whatever other ability it has)

I still don't know why we can't be told the cost of each version before we vote on which one we like.
Director of First Edition
By MidnightLich (Charlie Plaine)
 - Director of First Edition
 -  
Prophet
Foreman wrote:I still don't know why we can't be told the cost of each version before we vote on which one we like.
The primary reason is that all of the required information is not yet available. Specifically, the type of the dilemma, which will be determined by the storyline choice.

The vote was close enough to need a run-off; stay tuned for this in the next few days.

-crp

Wird erledigt : ). Es war übrigens wirklich[…]

I suspect that’s the usual forum badges you […]

Zwei Turniere und das schon im März ... Das L[…]

Is it now that we talk about the dream card forum?[…]