Check out the trials and troubles of the first Will of the Collective, where the community designed a card for the first time!

By Altoid
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
If "Consume Me" has an effect when that dilemma gets placed under a mission by another dilemma (aka it is consume-d), at that point is an away team / crew _facing_ that dilemma :?: Can they use Escape to prevent a death by Consume Me? Can a Consume Me type dilemma be Kirk'd? Can Klingon Riker gain skills?

- Beta Quadrant
 -  
Keller wrote:consume me's aren't faced, but that doesn't mean they cannot be escaped. Reread escape.
Yes they are; that's what the "regular effect" that is being voted on right now is all about. it just isn't faced when its "When this dilemma is placed under..." text.
First Edition Rules Master
 - First Edition Rules Master
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
Community Contributor
If the intention is to make the consumption ability able to be affected by those sorts of cards, one fix would be to have the "When this is consumed" ability add the text to the consuming dilemma.

I, for one, think that it's just fine being immune to that class of cards.

By Altoid
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
Keller wrote:consume me's aren't faced, but that doesn't mean they cannot be escaped. Reread escape.
Here is the gametext on Escape

When any number of your personnel facing a dilemma are about to be killed or placed in an opponent's brig, discard a random card from hand to prevent that. Those personnel are stopped instead.

When an Away Team/Crew is affected by "Consume Me", are they facing that dilemma :?: Can they use Escape to prevent any kills caused by "Consume Me" :?:

By Keller
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
Kaiser wrote:At that point, they are not facing "Consume Me", but they are still facing the other dilemma (the one that actually consumes "Consume Me"). Escape doesn't specify that your personnel have to face the dilemma that is causing the kill, but simply "a dilemma".
:thumbsup:

- Beta Quadrant
 -  
Kaiser wrote:At that point, they are not facing "Consume Me", but they are still facing the other dilemma (the one that actually consumes "Consume Me"). Escape doesn't specify that your personnel have to face the dilemma that is causing the kill, but simply "a dilemma".
That's the stuff we level 2-judges are made of !!
We read the rulebook from front to back and back again, count playable non-Drone Borg and (sometimes) drive Keller up the wall. :wink:
Director of First Edition
By MidnightLich (Charlie Plaine)
 - Director of First Edition
 -  
Prophet
The Guardian wrote:If you are not facing Consume Me!, can you get hit by three of them in one mission attempt?
If you are lucky enough to consume 3 at once, yes.

-crp
Second Edition Design Manager
By The Guardian (Richard New)
 - Second Edition Design Manager
 -  
2E North American Continental Quarter-Finalist 2023
MidnightLich wrote:
The Guardian wrote:If you are not facing Consume Me!, can you get hit by three of them in one mission attempt?
If you are lucky enough to consume 3 at once, yes.
That's what I figured. I just didn't know if that was something we wanted to consider.

Is it now that we talk about the dream card forum?[…]

German Nationals 2024 (1E)

Done. Your complete decklist. Can't have your […]

Unser Turnier in Köln gestern war ebenfalls[…]

Online CM RELEASE TOURNAMENT

Hello, Here are the 2nd round pairings, courtesy […]