Check out the trials and troubles of the first Will of the Collective, where the community designed a card for the first time!

By Keller
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
The ruling is that you can do something before or after any action. Consuming is an action, so you can do something before or after that. Placing a dilemma on a mission is an action, so you can do it before that. Randomly selecting a personnel to be stopped is an action, so you can do it before or after. You can't do it in the middle of an action, ie after the selection but before the stop, save for something that specifically says "about to be stopped" or "has been selected". It is written as a single action.

By Mugato
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
1E World Quarter-Finalist 2023
2E World Runner-Up 2023
Keller wrote:The ruling is that you can do something before or after any action. Consuming is an action, so you can do something before or after that. Placing a dilemma on a mission is an action, so you can do it before that. Randomly selecting a personnel to be stopped is an action, so you can do it before or after. You can't do it in the middle of an action, ie after the selection but before the stop, save for something that specifically says "about to be stopped" or "has been selected". It is written as a single action.
Is returning the dilemma to the dilemma pile or placing it under the mission an action that you can do something before? Or look at it as doing something at the end of the dilemma.

Jared

By Keller
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
Mugato wrote:Is returning the dilemma to the dilemma pile or placing it under the mission an action that you can do something before?
yes

By ikeya (David Kuck)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Does this affect the way, for example, The Borg Queen, Guardian of the Hive can interact with dilemmas?
I was always under the impression that after a selection like on Pinned Down, that the Queen didn't have a chance to respond/swap drones anymore since there's no more text to execute.

So is she still facing the dilemma right before it gets placed underneath the mission (or somewhere else) or can only the act of having the dilemma placed somewhere be reacted upon (i.e., Quarantine)?

Thanks.
-dave
Second Edition Design Manager
By The Guardian (Richard New)
 - Second Edition Design Manager
 -  
2E North American Continental Quarter-Finalist 2023
ikeya wrote:Does this affect the way, for example, The Borg Queen, Guardian of the Hive can interact with dilemmas?
I was always under the impression that after a selection like on Pinned Down, that the Queen didn't have a chance to respond/swap drones anymore since there's no more text to execute.

So is she still facing the dilemma right before it gets placed underneath the mission (or somewhere else) or can only the act of having the dilemma placed somewhere be reacted upon (i.e., Quarantine)?
According to Keller's ruling, after the last sentence is a valid time to respond.

That is exactly why I am for being more strict with the interpretation. I understand, but disagree with the ruling.
Question for noob

That's the question. The Isolinear Rods downloads […]

Only works when RS is played after AIV. This is be[…]

Still a few weeks left to get registered for the[…]

Hey all, we are running a "Warum-up" fo[…]