Check out the trials and troubles of the first Will of the Collective, where the community designed a card for the first time!
Director of First Edition
By MidnightLich (Charlie Plaine)
 - Director of First Edition
 -  
Prophet
It's been a long time since you decided you wanted to make a dilemma - way back on the 18th of February, in fact. You've made all the key decisions along the way, and now the game text is "finished" and ready to go off to play testing with the rest of Expansion #16.

But the card isn't finished yet. Now we get to go to one of my favorite parts - trying to decide what part of the vast, enormous story of Trek this card is going to represent. Once we know what the story is going to be, we can figure out the title, the lore, the image, and the final details of this first-of-its-kind card.

For this step, what we're looking for this time is a storyline summary. A good storyline summary is a brief description (think about one sentence) of the moment in Star Trek you want to capture with this card. The summary doesn't include details about title, lore, or image, but just inspires the mind.

For example, take a look at the card Once More Unto the Breach. The perfect storyline summary for this card might be "General Chang stalks Captain Kirk, tormenting him."

A bad summary would be "The moment where Chang is about to fire on Kirk, and he quotes Shakespeare at him, the title should be a line from Shakespeare." It's too specific, it's not a summary of the moment, but the exact detail.

So this is what we're looking for: the storyline you want to capture on Consume Me!. And we want you to send your ideas in. Here's how it will work:

- Any registered user can participate.

- You can send up to three (3) different summaries in, but all three must be sent at the same time.

- They must be sent as a private message on these forums to Administrator and must be received before MIDNIGHT (server time) on Sunday, May 3rd, 2008.

- Your PM must also include your real name.

- Should multiple people submit the same (or nearly identical) idea, only the first person to submit the idea will get credit for the submission.

- Your concept should attempt to capture the spirit of the game text. Since it's a dilemma, good ideas might be threats and enemies.

Once we get all your ideas, the design team will review them and decide on ten (10) of the best to be presented to you, the community, who will vote on the story we'll go with. Be patient, though - it will probably take us some time to go through all the ideas!

Anyone is eligible to submit their ideas, unless they're a member of a current design team (you know who you are). Feel free to use this thread to refine ideas, ask for help, and speculate on what would be fun.

Best of luck!

- Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
Foreman wrote:Does anyone else think that the dilemma should be based on something that can be ingested A.K.A. consumed.
Already sent in my suggestions which follow that idea.

- Beta Quadrant
 -  
The way I see it there are three main ways to take the story:

1) A time travel/time dialation concept based on the self-placing text's "delayed action" or sending an effect into the future.

2) A concept based on something that is consumed or scavanged.

3) A concept related to assasination/murder based on the dilemma's skill-tageted kill.

I might well send in a concept based around each one of those.

By Mogh
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
I offered your first and third ideas separately. The only color I added was that the first idea could be linked to the DS9 episode "Visionary" and that the assassination story would be the strongest assassination story seen in the game.

I think idea of consuming should be left with cards that interact broadly with the concept of Consume. Read: I'd rather see another concept behind the "Q's Ten Chocolate Sundaes" story.

- Beta Quadrant
 -  
Mogh wrote:I offered your first and third ideas separately. The only color I added was that the first idea could be linked to the DS9 episode "Visionary" and that the assassination story would be the strongest assassination story seen in the game.

I think idea of consuming should be left with cards that interact broadly with the concept of Consume. Read: I'd rather see another concept behind the "Q's Ten Chocolate Sundaes" story.
I was really thinking of "Visionary" myself. We'll see if my iteration ends up different enough or if our ideas end up getting combined.
Second Edition Design Manager
By The Guardian (Richard New)
 - Second Edition Design Manager
 -  
2E North American Continental Quarter-Finalist 2023
I love me my time travel, so I went with three time travel ideas. I think I'll wait to share them so that others have a chance to come up with their own ideas.

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
I had some different ideas. I suggested a sniper rifle concept related to targeting a skill, but I also thought this was a perfect dilemma for Yuta. Anyone else remember Yuta numbers, and hoping that you got the right one?
Second Edition Design Manager
By The Guardian (Richard New)
 - Second Edition Design Manager
 -  
2E North American Continental Quarter-Finalist 2023
whitestar29 wrote:I had some different ideas. I suggested a sniper rifle concept related to targeting a skill, but I also thought this was a perfect dilemma for Yuta. Anyone else remember Yuta numbers, and hoping that you got the right one?
Yuta was one of my first thoughts too. I hope someone suggests that one.

- Gamma Quadrant
 -  
whitestar29 wrote:I had some different ideas. I suggested a sniper rifle concept related to targeting a skill, but I also thought this was a perfect dilemma for Yuta. Anyone else remember Yuta numbers, and hoping that you got the right one?
Lol, funny, i thought this dilemma seemed like the perfect time to resurrect the storyline of DNA Metamorphosis. The dilemma shows up but doesnt have its effect to until sometime later when the person is lost. I think i quoted it to charlie as "Geordi is "consumed" by the DNA Metamorphosis"
Director of First Edition
By MidnightLich (Charlie Plaine)
 - Director of First Edition
 -  
Prophet
This is your card! Don't let something like "not winning a vote" keep you from participating! There are a lot more of you out here than I've had submissions from!

Bring it on!

-crp

By Frimmel
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
I was thinking Q Who when Q was telling Picard the Borg only viewed the Enterprise as something they could consume. I'm not sure how to parse that down.
1EFQ: Game of two halves

Honestly, I don’t think I’ve re[…]

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

Happy birthday to @Takket ! :D :thumbsup: […]

Opponents turn

Remodulation

It started in mid-2013. At that time it became sta[…]