Check out the trials and troubles of the first Will of the Collective, where the community designed a card for the first time!

Which storyline idea should be used for Consume Me!?

Story Idea #1 (Yuta...)
15%
Story Idea #2 (Weapon training...)
2%
Story Idea #3 (Armus eating Riker...)
36%
Story Idea #4 (Geordi going all alien...)
2%
Story Idea #5 (Edith Keeler...)
8%
Story Idea #6 (Braxton goes postal...)
2%
Story Idea #7 (O'Brien sees the future...)
8%
Story Idea #8 ("Mint Frosting...")
2%
Story Idea #9 ("11001001")
2%
Story Idea #10 ("Data in 10 Forward...")
3%
Story Idea #11 (Old Crazy Kes...)
3%
Story Idea #12 (Sheliak come back...)
3%
Story Idea #13 (K'mpec is dying...)
7%
Story Idea #14 (Dr. Timicin goes to die...)
No votes
0%
Story Idea #15 (Blow up the damn ship!...)
7%
Director of First Edition
By MidnightLich (Charlie Plaine)
 - Director of First Edition
 -  
Prophet
(You know, I think they had a Star Trek Choose Your Own Adventure book. I think I got killed by Klingons the first time I did it.)

Well, we didn't get as many submissions as we had in the past, but we still had quite a few to work through. In the end, we couldn't just decide on ten (10) to give you - so we're going to give you the top fifteen (15) choices to choose from.

Before we show you your options, we wanted to give you a few words about story on cards. First, and arguably most important, the choice of story will determine the type of dilemma. For example, if one were to choose "Junior" as the storyline - the dilemma would have to be either space or dual. Likewise, picking Armus means the dilemma must be planet. So this will affect the dilemma type (and likewise will affect the cost). So keep that in mind.

Secondly, one thing to think of as you consider this is the "rest" of the storyline - the story we choose will drive the choice of image, of title, and of lore. If you are having a hard time imagining a good title or image for a storyline idea, then it might not be a good choice. Some choices might be limited to a "talking heads" type of image - just a shot of characters mid-conversation. That's okay, but if it's not that "exciting" to you, you might want to choose a different option.

With that being said, here are your choices.

Story Idea #1
Yuta avenges her clan.

Story Idea #2
Reed teaches Hoshi how to aim a Phase Pistol.

Story Idea #3
Riker being "Consumed" by Armus.

Story Idea #4
Geordi being "consumed" by the DNA Metamorphosis.

Story Idea #5
Edith Keeler must die!

Story Idea #6
Braxton trying to destroy Voyager.

Story Idea #7
Miles O'Brien getting quick glimpses of the immediate future.

Story Idea #8
Deanna Troi being served up as cake ("with mint frosting").

Story Idea #9
Something from TNG episode "11001001"

Story Idea #10
Data in 10 forward after his emotion chip is activated.

Story Idea #11
Kes returns to Voyager and wreaks havoc.

Story Idea #12
The Sheliak announce their intent to remove colonists.

Story Idea #13
K'mpec confides to Picard that he is dying, poisoned slowly in his bloodwine.

Story Idea #14
Dr. Timicin when he resolved to go and commit suicide on Kaelon.

Story Idea #15
Lily Sloane trying to reason with Picard about sacrificing the Enterprise-E, in order to destroy the Borg.

Well, there you go! You have until Sunday to vote. Go out and get all your local players to register and vote for the story you want to appear on Consume Me! (Keep in mind there might be a run off vote if the top two are within 10% of each other.)

Have fun. Discuss your ideas and rational here.

-crp

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
I voted for Yuta. Those of us from the old days of 1E remember that Yuta was the original way to single out a personnel to be killed. You had to remember the attribute total of the personnel, then got a random kill of someone with that total. The consume effect reminded me of this from the old days.

By karonofborg13 (Matthew Hayes)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Architect
I have to admit, I'm torn. The one, of my 3 submissions, that made it is the final option, that of Lily attempting to convince Picard to evacuate and blow up the E, in order to destroy the Borg infestation aboard her/it. I thought the image could either be the shattered Enterprises wall display ["You broke your little ships."] OR Lily and Picard with her pleading, "They hurt you and now you're going to hurt them. Ahab has to go hunt his whale." The title I suggest is, "Consumed By Vengeance."

However, I have to be honest, I like submission # 3, Riker being ingested by Armus. I can see the title being, "Consumate Evil."

So, I have to give it some serious food for thought and make my decision in a couple days.

-karonofborg13
:wink: :borg: [Hir] [SF] [Fut]

- Gamma Quadrant
 -  
I saw option #3 and instantly a picture of Riker being dragged backwards screaming "DATA!!!!" popped into my head. Awesome. Nothing says consume like riker going into the black tar.

I think 2e really needs a *good* Armus dilemma.

I'm for option 3.

By Foreman
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
I'm torn between
3 Armus
8 Deanna Cake
13 Kmpec Poisoned

I like these because they have something to do with consuming something, but also a somewhat targeted kill.
I'll think about it for a bit, but currently I'm leaning toward armus. I agree that 2E needs a good armus. In 1E armus was sweet.

Armus
Second Edition Design Manager
By The Guardian (Richard New)
 - Second Edition Design Manager
 -  
2E North American Continental Quarter-Finalist 2023
There are three main ideas I like:

Story Idea #1
Yuta avenges her clan.

Yuta is a nice throwback to 1E. I do like inside references.

The next two are mine, so I like them, but I'd understand if they got no votes. I felt time travel needed some ideas thrown in, so I did the best I could.

Story Idea #5
Edith Keeler must die!

That was mine. The idea being to go back in time and set things right by letting a specific someone die.

Story Idea #6
Braxton trying to destroy Voyager.

This was also mine. Same concept. Too bad too. My favorite suggestion was the one left out. Data in "Time's Arrow" discussing his mortality. The idea being that he was destined to die. It already happened and it was going to happen again. I just love time travel.

The next three are about consuming things. I like them. (Although, I sort of wish I would have thought about Spock and his Marshmelons. "I know we consume them! I mean after that!")

Story Idea #3
Riker being "Consumed" by Armus.

This is nice.

Story Idea #8
Deanna Troi being served up as cake ("with mint frosting").

Also a nice idea.

Story Idea #10
Data in 10 forward after his emotion chip is activated.

I hate this! More, please!

I think I will vote for one of these. #3 seems to fit the kill the best.

By charlie
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
The thing about the Deanna cake is we already have an event with that picture from the Genesis collection Cellular Peptide Cake. So the image and card should be something new I think. I also am torn between some very good choices, especially Riker and Lily. Even the primaries weren't this hard :!:

By bhosp
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
It's clear to me that options 1, 2, 3, 4, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, and 15 are against the rules and must be disqualified because of their flagrant lack of TOS.

Just because I have no authority to use or incentives to offer doesn't mean you all don't have to do what I say.

By charlie
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
I do believe that we do not have access to Jackie Collin's image. So the image would have to be Kirk holding McCoy back from rushing to her rescue. That pained look of Kirk's would be great.

But I also think that the way the dilemma is worded, it would be better for Armus to eat Tasha Yar. That is the image I get when I read how the card will work.

- Gamma Quadrant
 -  
charlie wrote: But I also think that the way the dilemma is worded, it would be better for Armus to eat Tasha Yar. That is the image I get when I read how the card will work.
IIRC, in the episode Riker's life was in Jeopardy and Armus could have chosen to kill riker. Besides which, Tasha dying seemed more random. More of a reflex response to her actions. With Riker, Armus specifically targeted him without provocation - just as the person with a particular skill is targeted. I guess i feel the opposite of how you feel about it. :shrug:

By bhosp
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
charlie wrote:I do believe that we do not have access to Jackie Collin's image. So the image would have to be Kirk holding McCoy back from rushing to her rescue. That pained look of Kirk's would be great.

But I also think that the way the dilemma is worded, it would be better for Armus to eat Tasha Yar. That is the image I get when I read how the card will work.

Joan Collins. There should also be a rule where if Playboy has access to your image, so do we.

By Brad
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
charlie wrote:But I also think that the way the dilemma is worded, it would be better for Armus to eat Tasha Yar. That is the image I get when I read how the card will work.
Armus didn't eat Tasha, he just threw her around and gave her a funky birthmark on her cheek - then she died.
1EFQ: Random Releases

I'll add one more thing. If this becomes more of[…]

Thermokinetic explosion

Then why do we specify unused on outclassed? […]

Klingon Neelix ponderings

I am collecting data at this point. Someone aske[…]

Keep in mind that it doesn't stop anyone itself, m[…]