Check out the trials and troubles of the first Will of the Collective, where the community designed a card for the first time!

Which storyline idea should be used for Consume Me!?

Story Idea #1 (Yuta...)
15%
Story Idea #2 (Weapon training...)
2%
Story Idea #3 (Armus eating Riker...)
36%
Story Idea #4 (Geordi going all alien...)
2%
Story Idea #5 (Edith Keeler...)
8%
Story Idea #6 (Braxton goes postal...)
2%
Story Idea #7 (O'Brien sees the future...)
8%
Story Idea #8 ("Mint Frosting...")
2%
Story Idea #9 ("11001001")
2%
Story Idea #10 ("Data in 10 Forward...")
3%
Story Idea #11 (Old Crazy Kes...)
3%
Story Idea #12 (Sheliak come back...)
3%
Story Idea #13 (K'mpec is dying...)
7%
Story Idea #14 (Dr. Timicin goes to die...)
No votes
0%
Story Idea #15 (Blow up the damn ship!...)
7%

By charlie
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
bhosp wrote:
charlie wrote:I do believe that we do not have access to Jackie Collin's image. So the image would have to be Kirk holding McCoy back from rushing to her rescue. That pained look of Kirk's would be great.

But I also think that the way the dilemma is worded, it would be better for Armus to eat Tasha Yar. That is the image I get when I read how the card will work.

Joan Collins. There should also be a rule where if Playboy has access to your image, so do we.
That's right. Jackie is the author. How could I confuse them? Joan is still much better looking. 8)

By wweist
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
My :twocents:

"Parthas a la Yuta" - Of the 10 choices, I like this one the best.

She is "Genetically Engineered" (ie, the first effect of the card) to seek out and kill a specific DNA match (ie, personnel with a specific skill)

Actually, the "money shot" would be Yuta with the decanter of Acamarian brandy approaching Chorgan before Riker beams in. But since I can'tfind that one, here's one with Riker...

"Stop! Chorgan... keep perfectly still. Your life is in danger."

By Mogh
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
Yeah, and now I will disintegrate her for some reason. Yuck, bad ending.

I voted for K'mtar drinking his bloodwine, if only because it maintains the "consume food" theme. But the image of Riker being consumed by Armus is still a strong one, so I'm glad it's winning.

- Beta Quadrant
 -  
Mogh wrote:Yeah, and now I will disintegrate her for some reason. Yuck, bad ending.

I voted for K'mtar drinking his bloodwine, if only because it maintains the "consume food" theme. But the image of Riker being consumed by Armus is still a strong one, so I'm glad it's winning.
My only problem with Armus is I'm not sure if I want this card reduced to planet only.

By wweist
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
grandnagusmorn wrote:
Mogh wrote:Yeah, and now I will disintegrate her for some reason. Yuck, bad ending.

My only problem with Armus is I'm not sure if I want this card reduced to planet only.
My problem with Armus is that Riker is "enveloped", not "consumed". When I submitted my themes for this card, I thought my best idea was Christopher Pike riding a shuttlecraft into the Doomsday Machine. Here you had a single personnel being killed by something that literally "consumed" him for sustainence. That's the theme type I see for this card.
Second Edition Design Manager
By The Guardian (Richard New)
 - Second Edition Design Manager
 -  
2E North American Continental Quarter-Finalist 2023
grandnagusmorn wrote:My only problem with Armus is I'm not sure if I want this card reduced to planet only.
It wouldn't be. It could still be Consumed everywhere. It would only be able to be set up unaided at a planet.

By RedDwarf (Unjustly Banned)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
grandnagusmorn wrote:My only problem with Armus is I'm not sure if I want this card reduced to planet only.
So far, there is only 1 space dilemma that consumes. Wouldn't it make more sense that Consume Me is a planet?

By Foreman
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
The Guardian wrote:
It wouldn't be. It could still be Consumed everywhere. It would only be able to be set up unaided at a planet.
That is actually really cool. If consume me gets a kill at a space location it could represent armus that you were stupid and helped armus get of the planet. But if you want to set up the kill it would be at a planet only.

Hmm. that made me think of a question about consume me. The rules say that normaly dilemmas can only affect the personnel facing them. So, if consume me is never actually faced, which personnel can be killed? Any personnel at the location with that skill?

By charlie
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Remember that when the dilemma is "consumed" it is turn over to show the dilemma and then it is overcome. The text should read that "When this dilemma is overcome as a result of being consumed..."

- Beta Quadrant
 -  
charlie wrote:Remember that when the dilemma is "consumed" it is turn over to show the dilemma and then it is overcome. The text should read that "When this dilemma is overcome as a result of being consumed..."
No, it shouldn't... because the verb "to consume" is not a defined game term in the lexicon of ST:CCG 2E. "To place (under)" is a common verb and can be interpretted literally and used without formal definition in game terms, whereas "to consume" is jargon and cannot be used without a formal game definition (as in the glossary of an official rules document).

By charlie
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Okay. I see where you are coming from. Then will the problem still persist in making this kill?

By theECH
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
I read a sci-fi magazine this weekend that had star trek vs Star wars. and one of the top 5 lines was when Picard had a tantrum with lily. i voted for her line even though a better line was

"You broke your little ships..."

8)

I suspect that’s the usual forum badges you […]

Zwei Turniere und das schon im März ... Das L[…]

Is it now that we talk about the dream card forum?[…]

German Nationals 2024 (1E)

Done. Your complete decklist. Can't have your […]