Check out the trials and troubles of the first Will of the Collective, where the community designed a card for the first time!

Which image should be used on Consume Me!?

Consume Me! A (Riker being dragged...)
7%
Consume Me! B (Riker grabbing for help...)
47%
Consume Me! C (Riker going under...)
26%
Consume Me! D (Riker's face covered in goo...)
21%
Director of First Edition
By MidnightLich (Charlie Plaine)
 - Director of First Edition
 -  
Prophet
It's time to decide the image for Consume Me! Find out all the details here!

One other point to address: you might have noticed the text on Consume Me! has been altered slightly. It was pointed out during play testing (and on these boards) that when Consume Me! is placed under a mission by a dilemma, it is not being faced. Therefore, there aren't technically any eligible targets for the dilemma's kill. To address this, the dilemma has been reworded slightly while retaining the original effect.

Please feel free - as always - to discuss the images, your opinions, and the recent change to the dilemma's text - in this thread. You have until Monday the 19th to vote - so be democratic! Be a designer and choose the image you love today!

-crp
Last edited by MidnightLich on Tue May 13, 2008 3:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

By Corwinamber (Francis Koziolek)
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
First vote!!!

I voted for "B" because I think this is the best image out of them. "D" was used before (at leasdt it looks like it to me).

my :twocents:
Second Edition Design Manager
By The Guardian (Richard New)
 - Second Edition Design Manager
 -  
2E North American Continental Quarter-Finalist 2023
I think I'll pick C. A and B both don't really show him being Consumed (and A has Riker butt in the background...ew!) and definitely don't show Armus, which is the cool part, in my opinion. And D (while a nice repeat of a 1E picture) shows the aftermath. I think an action shot works the best.
Ambassador
By Linkan (Torbjörn Lindquist)
 - Ambassador
 -  
Architect
I like B the best. The face show so much frightening that it alone says "don't eat me". C is quite nice too, but I prefer B.

- Beta Quadrant
 -  
I also chose B. I thought it was the best combination of those selected. When I see that pic on a card, I can hear him shouting "Data! Something's got me!", the others don't do that.

Just my :twocents:

Chris

By Foreman
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
phoenixhawk wrote:I also chose B. I thought it was the best combination of those selected. When I see that pic on a card, I can hear him shouting "Data! Something's got me!", the others don't do that.

Just my :twocents:

Chris
That is exactly what I thought when I saw it too. I think that would be the perfect quote for the card too.
Second Edition Design Manager
By The Guardian (Richard New)
 - Second Edition Design Manager
 -  
2E North American Continental Quarter-Finalist 2023
Foreman wrote:
phoenixhawk wrote:I also chose B. I thought it was the best combination of those selected. When I see that pic on a card, I can hear him shouting "Data! Something's got me!", the others don't do that.
That is exactly what I thought when I saw it too. I think that would be the perfect quote for the card too.
Yeah, but you don't see what he being dragged towards or what the consequences are. I like the look on his face (Riker in trouble always makes me smile), but it just seems so unremarkable, like he could be panicking over anything. A capture like this might allow us to see his face and his attacker, which I just think is more impressive. And at the very least, C shows the consumption, which is really what the card is about. (Disclaimer: I'm not trying to tell the Committee how to do its job with the link to another picture.)

- Beta Quadrant
 -  
The Guardian wrote:I think I'll pick C. A and B both don't really show him being Consumed (and A has Riker butt in the background...ew!) and definitely don't show Armus, which is the cool part, in my opinion. And D (while a nice repeat of a 1E picture) shows the aftermath. I think an action shot works the best.
I agree with your reasoning, but, unfortunately, the actual image that they have for C is really quite static and has a lot of virtual "white space" taking up the image. I think A and B do a nice job of conveying a sense of urgeny and danger, B in particular (which is my current favorite). C might be much better it it where cropped considerably tighter, bringing in the bottom and both sides (but not the top) to cut so much of the wasted image area... but cutting that much of the image might result in one that's of too low a resolution. D has always been a fantastic image but it's reuse would be unfortunate.

PS - Linking images from Trekcore doesn't work as they appear to have software that protects against hotlinking.

- Beta Quadrant
 -  
I voted for "C." I think it best shows the intent of the card.

"A" could really be anything happening, i.e., Riker stretches out in the sand to doodle. Others are correct, of course... I can hear Riker yell "Data, somthing's got me!" with "B," but it doesn't catch the essence of the card's effect like "C" does. Hasn't image "D" been used before? Surely we haven't run out of new image to use?

By charlie
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
I also think that B is more action oriented and a better picture. It shows the fear on Riker's face and that look should be mirrored on any opponent who has to face/pass this dilemma. :thumbsup: But what do I know? I also thought that a picture of Kirk and McCoy clutching each other would have also been a great shot as he stopped McCoy from saving Edith.

Is it now that we talk about the dream card forum?[…]

German Nationals 2024 (1E)

Done. Your complete decklist. Can't have your […]

Unser Turnier in Köln gestern war ebenfalls[…]

Online CM RELEASE TOURNAMENT

Hello, Here are the 2nd round pairings, courtesy […]