Check out the trials and troubles of the first Will of the Collective, where the community designed a card for the first time!

Which image should be used on Consume Me!?

Consume Me! A (Riker being dragged...)
7%
Consume Me! B (Riker grabbing for help...)
47%
Consume Me! C (Riker going under...)
26%
Consume Me! D (Riker's face covered in goo...)
21%

By wweist
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
<sour grapes...>

I still do not see this scene as "Killing a random personnel with chosen skill". Now if you wanted to make a "consume" card out of this scene, then I would want to see a dilemma that buries the randomly chosed personnel underneath the mission.

- Beta Quadrant
 -  
Now there's an interesting twist.
wweist wrote:<sour grapes...>

I still do not see this scene as "Killing a random personnel with chosen skill". Now if you wanted to make a "consume" card out of this scene, then I would want to see a dilemma that buries the randomly chosed personnel underneath the mission.
Second Edition Design Manager
By The Guardian (Richard New)
 - Second Edition Design Manager
 -  
2E North American Continental Quarter-Finalist 2023
phoenixhawk wrote:Now there's an interesting twist.

I wonder how many times in the design process did Brad or someone else work on a card and then think, "You know what would also be cool..." and introduce something that wasn't a design goal.

By Foreman
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  

Or the bottom of your deck.

By theECH
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
Out of the choices i liked b the best...the outstreched hand is what got my vote....and i dont know that i care about the beard. 8)

By wweist
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
The Guardian wrote:
phoenixhawk wrote:Now there's an interesting twist.

I wonder how many times in the design process did Brad or someone else work on a card and then think, "You know what would also be cool..." and introduce something that wasn't a design goal.
or conversely, "It's too bad we used that image already, it would have been perfect for this card..."

Just another reason I do not think "us drones" should be allowed to direct the creativity...

Anyhoo, I like the card concept, I just object to the Trek reference chosen. However, The Guardian commented that this one best fit the "kill" aspect of the card concept. Please set my mind at ease and expound on your thoughts...
The Guardian wrote: The next three are about consuming things. I like them. (Although, I sort of wish I would have thought about Spock and his Marshmelons. "I know we consume them! I mean after that!" - Dr. McCoy)

Story Idea #3
Riker being "Consumed" by Armus.

This is nice.

Story Idea #8
Deanna Troi being served up as cake ("with mint frosting").

Also a nice idea.

Story Idea #10
Data in 10 forward after his emotion chip is activated.

I hate this! More, please!

I think I will vote for one of these. #3 seems to fit the kill the best.

By Brad
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
The Guardian wrote:I wonder how many times in the design process did Brad or someone else work on a card and then think, "You know what would also be cool..." and introduce something that wasn't a design goal.
Never :shifty:

Oooooorr, a lot. A lot of times an idea gets pushed. Once while I was working on Lord of the Rings, an idea got pushed and then pulled back. We are currently in our thrid week of testin Eleanor and already two ideas have been pushed with intent to make them more robust cycles [and one of those ideas was pushed from Lebowski to Valykrie].

- Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired

.....and to me it makes perfect sense. Armus targeted Riker as the leader of the away team. (He targeted Leadership) He acted through an unseen force. (the dilemma is consumed without being faced) Riker could just as easily died but didnt only through the acts of the away team. (The dilemma does nothing unless it is consumed)

Bottom line: reasonable people may disagree and i'm sorry you disagree.
Second Edition Design Manager
By The Guardian (Richard New)
 - Second Edition Design Manager
 -  
2E North American Continental Quarter-Finalist 2023
wweist wrote:Anyhoo, I like the card concept, I just object to the Trek reference chosen. However, The Guardian commented that this one best fit the "kill" aspect of the card concept. Please set my mind at ease and expound on your thoughts...
The Guardian wrote: The next three are about consuming things. I like them. (Although, I sort of wish I would have thought about Spock and his Marshmelons. "I know we consume them! I mean after that!" - Dr. McCoy)

Story Idea #3
Riker being "Consumed" by Armus.

This is nice.

Story Idea #8
Deanna Troi being served up as cake ("with mint frosting").

Also a nice idea.

Story Idea #10
Data in 10 forward after his emotion chip is activated.

I hate this! More, please!

I think I will vote for one of these. #3 seems to fit the kill the best.
First, I was writing fast to try and influence the voting in my favorite direction. (I should apologize for that blatant posturing, but Charlie said to be democratic, so I started a campaign.) Anyway, to expound on the comments I made, I do believe that Riker being dragged into the Armus tar was the best idea for three reasons. First, it had a measure of being Consumed, swallowed by evil. Second, it had the possibility of death (if you have a problem with the skill-based target, Armus chose Riker for a reason; plus, he seemed to respond to each crew member as a stereotype: robot, warrior, chief, assistant; generalities all). And finally, bad stuff was happening to Riker. The other two were also good suggestions, but not necessarily as dramatic. Eating Troi cake is obviously related to Consume and the stakes were (if I remember correctly) a parasitic death. Data drinking something he hated also seemed to work with the Consume concept easily enough, and while life and limb were not on the line, we would all hate to have a personnel be killed. I think it was the weakest suggestion of the three, based on the killing text on the dilemma, but I like the picture I have in my mind of Data cringing and the lore (forgive me if the quotes aren't exact; I am working off of memory):
"Yes! I hate this! It is revolting!"
"More?"
"Please."

Also, while I (strangely enough of all people) am not for repeating 1E gameplay in 2E, the image of Armus with a powerful kill harkens back to the very first set of 1E and I do dig throwbacks and inside jokes.

By wweist
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
The Guardian wrote:Also, while I (strangely enough of all people) am not for repeating 1E gameplay in 2E, the image of Armus with a powerful kill harkens back to the very first set of 1E and I do dig throwbacks and inside jokes.
:cheersL: yes, I remember them well. Though, I always equated Armus's kill as being a "randomly" selected Yar...

so maybe my animosity stems from the disparity between the two editions... Is there a doctor in the house?
Executive Officer
By jadziadax8 (Maggie Geppert)
 - Executive Officer
 -  
2E North American Continental Semi-Finalist 2023
ibbles  Trek Masters Tribbles Champion 2023
2E Deep Space 9 Regional Champion 2023
Corwinamber wrote:First vote!!!

I voted for "B" because I think this is the best image out of them. "D" was used before (at leasdt it looks like it to me).

my :twocents:
+1

By charlie
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
How is it we can get over 70 votes here and only 40-50 votes in the affiliation battles?
Thermokinetic explosion

It would hit because your total attibutes at the t[…]

1EFQ: Random Releases

I'll add one more thing. If this becomes more of[…]

Klingon Neelix ponderings

I am collecting data at this point. Someone aske[…]

Keep in mind that it doesn't stop anyone itself, m[…]