Check out the trials and troubles of the first Will of the Collective, where the community designed a card for the first time!

What will be the title for Consume Me!?

Skin of Evil
4%
All-Consuming Evil
32%
Hate
6%
Tormented by Armus
2%
Armus: Consummate Evil
14%
Morbid Hunger
12%
Something's Got Me!
20%
Into the Darkness
2%
The Pull of Evil
8%
Director of First Edition
By MidnightLich (Charlie Plaine)
 - Director of First Edition
 -  
Prophet
There were only thirty-three (33) submitted titles this time, but that was still enough to give us fits trying to decide which ones we wanted to present to you. In the end, we came up with nine (9) choices that we felt best represented the storyline you chose for the card. Actually, we've tweaked a few of them because many of you submitted very, very similar titles (only one word or two difference), but we kept them intact for the most part.

You can find the titles in the poll above - choose which one you like the best. We'll run this poll until this time on Monday (that would be about 2:30 Server Time on Monday, June 2nd), so you'll have until then to decide.

As always, feel free to discuss your thoughts, concerns, opinions and choices in this thread.
Last edited by MidnightLich on Tue May 27, 2008 3:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
I vote for Armus: Consumate Evil, though the correct dictionary spelling is Consummate. I understand the play on words with Consume: ______, but a spelling error is a spelling error.
Director of First Edition
By MidnightLich (Charlie Plaine)
 - Director of First Edition
 -  
Prophet
dlacoste wrote:I vote for Armus: Consumate Evil, though the correct dictionary spelling is Consummate. I understand the play on words with Consume: ______, but a spelling error is a spelling error.
Corrected!

-crp

- Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
Wow, this one is definitely much harder to decide. I guess i'll just vote for the one submission of mine that made the list by default - not that I think its the best overall title though.

By charlie
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
I also like the second choice. The Skin of Evil is good, but this picture doesn't quite fit that title. So, perhaps another time.....

By Foreman
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
This is the first time in this process that I don't actually like any of the options given. Is there any way to add a protest vote?

I can't think of anything better of the top of my head, but these titles just don't feel right to me.
Executive Officer
By jadziadax8 (Maggie Geppert)
 - Executive Officer
 -  
2E North American Continental Semi-Finalist 2023
ibbles  Trek Masters Tribbles Champion 2023
2E Deep Space 9 Regional Champion 2023
Mogh wrote:I'd say "All-Consuming Evil" with the lore, "Something's got me!"
I also thought that "Something's got me!" made a better lore. Is there a card that has that lore already?

By theECH
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
jadziadax8 wrote:
Mogh wrote:I'd say "All-Consuming Evil" with the lore, "Something's got me!"
I also thought that "Something's got me!" made a better lore. Is there a card that has that lore already?
heh....so, with all these people thinkin what the lore should be....i can see it bein "something's got me!"

but id add in Data, didnt he say data, somethings got me?

- Beta Quadrant
 -  
Foreman wrote:This is the first time in this process that I don't actually like any of the options given. Is there any way to add a protest vote?

I can't think of anything better of the top of my head, but these titles just don't feel right to me.
Seconded. In particular, All-Consuming Evil, though it got the most votes from the community, and the other title "Consummate Evil", are a bit boring and not much exciting. Gametext already uses the word Consume: those titles seem a repetition/anticipation of it.
I would have preferred a more evocative title. At this point, think I'll go with "The pull of evil", even it's going to be cut.
Just my :twocents:

Is it now that we talk about the dream card forum?[…]

German Nationals 2024 (1E)

Done. Your complete decklist. Can't have your […]

Unser Turnier in Köln gestern war ebenfalls[…]

Online CM RELEASE TOURNAMENT

Hello, Here are the 2nd round pairings, courtesy […]