Check out the trials and troubles of the first Will of the Collective, where the community designed a card for the first time!

Which lore should be used for All-Consuming Evil?

Lore #1 (A description of Armus.)
10%
Lore #2 (Cry for help.)
56%
Lore #3 (Threat.)
No votes
0%
Lore #4 (Threat + a last order.)
No votes
0%
Lore #5 (a last order.)
3%
Lore #6 (Ominous words.)
No votes
0%
Lore #7 (Description of the torment.)
No votes
0%
None of the above
3%
Lore #8 (2+3)
28%
Director of First Edition
By MidnightLich (Charlie Plaine)
 - Director of First Edition
 -  
Prophet
Well, the play testing title of "Consume Me!" has served us well, but it is time for it to be buried in the play test files and give way for the winning title, chosen by this very community. The first card designed by the Will of the Collective will be All-Consuming Evil, which won with 32% of the popular vote.

Those of you that have been following the process are probably aware of this discussion about the dilemma's cost and type. I want to assure you that this dilemma has appeared in the play testing files for Expansion #16 since version A, and will be tested as completely as any other card in that expansion. We're also going to come back to you with a chance to vote on whether All-Consuming Evil should be [P] or [D] - but we'll do that after we finish the card up by giving it the last missing piece - flavor text!

As you are probably aware, most of the cards in 2E use quotes as flavor text. Often times these quotes come directly from the broadcast episodes, but sometimes they come from the closed captioning or from the script. It is rare that a dilemma uses a piece of lore that is not a quote from Star Trek - usually in the case of a Drone or a generic set piece.

The problem with this is that there are only so many quotes to choose from. And there is also the matter of slight variations on the quotes. In order to avoid the chaos and the repeated submissions associated with this, we're going to give you some choices - taken directly from the episode, the script, or the captions, to choose from. But we're also giving you the option to say "We don't like any of these, let us submit one!" if you can't stand the choices we've given you.

So, without further adieu, here are the choices for you:

Lore #1
"They perfected a means of bringing to the surface all that was evil and negative within. Erupting, spreading, connecting. In time it formed second skin, dank and vile."

Lore #2
"Help! Data, something's got me!"

Lore #3
"Touch him and he dies."

Lore #4
"Touch him and he dies."
"No! No, don't!"

Lore #5
"No! No, don't!"

Lore #6
"If any of you leave now, he dies. And so do the survivors of the crash."

Lore #7
"He resists. If he would give himself over, the pain would diminish. He struggles. You should feel his strength."

Lore #8
"Touch him and he dies."

Which one will it be? Or will you reject them all and search for your own? Sound off! This poll will end Sunday, June 8th around Midnight, server time.
Last edited by Maelwys on Tue Jun 03, 2008 9:29 am, edited 1 time in total. Reason: Added in option 8, since 2 is obviously popular

By Maelwys (Chris Lobban)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Community Contributor
Oops. :-/
I tried to add in Option 8, and apparently wiped all the previous votes. Sorry about that... looks like those first 9 people will have to vote again. No more changing options mid-poll from me... :-(

By wweist
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
so here's my :twocents:

Lore #1
"They perfected a means of bringing to the surface all that was evil and negative within. Erupting, spreading, connecting. In time it formed second skin, dank and vile."

Too Long

Lore #2

Good choice

Lore #3
"Touch him and he dies."

I see this lore for killing a personnel that has recently been unstopped (helped)

Lore #4
"Touch him and he dies."
"No! No, don't!"

Again, as #3

Lore #5
"No! No, don't!"

too much whining

Lore #6
"If any of you leave now, he dies. And so do the survivors of the crash."

this one sounds like all stopped personnel are killed if the mission attempt is aborted

Lore #7
"He resists. If he would give himself over, the pain would diminish. He struggles. You should feel his strength."

doesn't really mesh with the image

Lore #8
"Touch him and he dies."

Again as #3

By Foreman
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Is there any way I can vote for #2 with a caveat?

I'd prefer to see the quote be "Data, somethings got me!"

I know it's not that big a deal, but I think the word help at the beginning takes a bit out of the quote.

Having it only be one sentence adds to the urgency of rikers predicament.
Thermokinetic explosion

It would hit because your total attibutes at the t[…]

1EFQ: Random Releases

I'll add one more thing. If this becomes more of[…]

Klingon Neelix ponderings

I am collecting data at this point. Someone aske[…]

Keep in mind that it doesn't stop anyone itself, m[…]