Check out the trials and troubles of the first Will of the Collective, where the community designed a card for the first time!

What type/cost should be used for All-Consuming Evil?

A 2-cost planet dilemma
67%
A 3-cost dual dilemma
33%
Director of First Edition
By MidnightLich (Charlie Plaine)
 - Director of First Edition
 -  
Prophet
Well, we're down to the wire. The card has a concept, game text, a title, an image, lore, almost everything it needs. There is just one last step to take, and the card will be sent off to play testing land where it will be put through it's paces. (Actually, it has been tested since Eleanor Version B, but you get the idea.)

This step wasn't planned, but was added because you, the community, demanded it. The question before you this time is: should this dilemma be [D] or [P]? Here are the two versions:
[P] 2 All-Consuming Evil
Dilemma
Place this dilemma on top of its owner’s dilemma pile. When this dilemma is placed beneath a mission by a Consume dilemma, your opponent names a skill. Randomly select a personnel that is attempting that mission with that skill to be killed.
"Help! Data, something's got me!"
[D] 3 All-Consuming Evil
Dilemma
Place this dilemma on top of its owner’s dilemma pile. When this dilemma is placed beneath a mission by a Consume dilemma, your opponent names a skill. Randomly select a personnel that is attempting that mission with that skill to be killed.
"Help! Data, something's got me!"
So... it's up to you. Will All-Consuming Evil be a two-cost planet dilemma, or a three-cost dual dilemma? You decide! The vote will be open until next Sunday, June 22nd, 2008. Use this thread to argue your opinion and try to sway the votes of others. You may change your vote in this poll, if you wish.

Final note: Though the outcome of this vote will determine the type of the dilemma, the cost of the dilemma may still be adjusted as a result of play testing and development of the card.

By whampiri
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
I voted for the 2coster planet. My reasoning is down to gameplay rather than any trek-sense. Looking at the amount of consume dilemas out there, most of them are planet based. Sure there are 1 or 2 dual consume dilema but I feel that at 3 cost, that the cost might be prohibitive. Well just my :twocents: .

By Mogh
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
I voted for the planet dilemma as it opens up more opportunities for this dilemma to be used. Also, it opens the door for a second space dilemma with similar text.

By Foreman
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
I agree that 3 cost might be a bit much for this card.

I think it makes sense story-wise as well. Armus was confined to the planet.

The fact that you can get it with vault of tommorow will help it become more usefull also.
 -  
Prophet
CFHollister wrote:Is there any word on whether a space equivilant is planned?
Negative. But it's possible, certianly.

-crp

- Beta Quadrant
 -  
MidnightLich wrote:

-crp
Darn, because that would be a key piece of information for me to base my decision on.
 -  
Prophet
CFHollister wrote:
MidnightLich wrote:

-crp
Darn, because that would be a key piece of information for me to base my decision on.
This is what I know:

- There is no "space" version of All-Consuming Evil in Eleanor.
- Lebowski is still in design and not many cards have been written yet.
- There has been no decision either way about making a [S] version of this card.

-crp

By Mogh
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
Regardless of whether a space version appears in Lebowski or the following set (Sobchak?), I think the planet version is the better one because it can interact with Storage Compartment, etc.

By charlie
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Yes. It can be consumed anywhere. By making is a planet dilemma, you may be able to save it on Storage Compartment, then place it on the bottom and flip you pile on the next turn. But I think the the history and intention of the voting makes this a planet only dilemma. But it can be consumed anywhere and at any time.
German Nationals 2024 (1E)

Done. Your complete decklist. Can't have your […]

Unser Turnier in Köln gestern war ebenfalls[…]

Both these ideas have elements that interest me as[…]

Online CM RELEASE TOURNAMENT

Hello, Here are the 2nd round pairings, courtesy […]