Check out the trials and troubles of the first Will of the Collective, where the community designed a card for the first time!

<t>What kind of card should we make?</t>

Dilemma
31%
Equipment
8%
Event
12%
Interrupt
2%
Mission
13%
Personnel
20%
Ship
13%

By Kaiser
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
1E World Semi-Finalist 2023
Architect
YeahToast wrote:As a second choice, I have no clue what card type they should be, but I want animals back in STCCG!
:thumbsup: I'd love to see a 2E version of Spot. If I'd win Worlds this year, that's what I'd try to do as my design-a-card prize. No idea about the card type either, but I don't think personnel would work too well. Probably dilemma or event.

As for this poll, I guess a dilemma would be best to work on.
Last edited by Kaiser on Fri Feb 08, 2008 9:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

By RedDwarf (Unjustly Banned)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
I voted for [Equ] equipment, because we don’t have enough interesting equipment in the game.

Oh, and I’m starting the " [Maq] Maquis need some love" campaign now! :roll:
Last edited by RedDwarf on Sat Feb 09, 2008 9:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

By Foreman
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
I voted for a mission.

I think that a well designed mission can have the biggest impact on deck designand gameplay. There are too many missions without gametext. The missions in WYLB showed that even with very little room for gmaetext msisions canbe interesting.

Also there are many cool locations that have not been dealt with. (Q's planet anyone?)
Last edited by Foreman on Sat Feb 09, 2008 3:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
Community Contributor
Foreman wrote:I voted for a mission.

I think that a well designed mission can have the biggest impact on deck designand gameplay. There are too many missions without gametext. The missions in WYLB showed that even with very little room for gmaetext msisions canbe interesting.

Also there are many cool locations that have not been dealt with. (Q's planet anyone?)
That's pretty much why I voted mission as well. Also, they tend to be the neglected card type, but without missions all the other cardtypes aren't going anywhere.

All the Best,

Mattgomery Scott.
Last edited by MattgomeryScott on Sat Feb 09, 2008 5:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

By nickybaby
 - Alpha Quadrant
 -  
Hey All:

I have selected a dilemma as well. This is what makes this game so unique and so much fun to play. You think your peeps are all safe and ready to go on their mission attempt, and then a well drawn dilemma is there to spoil the fun. I would like to see more dilemmas converted from 1E over to 2E. That would be very cool.... [D] [S] [P]
Last edited by nickybaby on Sun Feb 10, 2008 6:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

By Marquetry
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
2E North American Continental Quarter-Finalist 2023
I've voted for a personnel - preferably a non-aligned. A well-designed [NA] can go in almost any deck, and I like to use them frequently for skill gaps and game text. :mrgreen:
Last edited by Marquetry on Sun Feb 10, 2008 11:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

By Enabran
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
2E Austrian National Second Runner-Up 2022
First I wanted to vote for an Equipment, because we haven't much Artefact's. But I share the opinion from warpaw: I start collecting the cards, because I like ships. So I voted for the ships. I'd like to see a new ship; not another boring Defiant. USS Enterprise-A or B, USS Stargazer, USS Sao Paulo or USS Equinox would be great for the [Fed]. IKS Negh'Var for [Kli] or a USS Defiant as [Fed] [NA] or mirror [SF] (the one which disappeared in TOS and came back in ENT, yeah Constitution class) or a [Car] shuttle or another [Dom] ship (maybe a Karemman Vessel)
Last edited by Enabran on Mon Feb 11, 2008 1:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

By Foreman
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
I just wanted to say that I love the image on the main page for this. The borg assimilating a card is an awesome idea. :lol:

It would be funny if the card he was assimilating was the card with him on it. Then he'd be assimiliating himself.
Last edited by Foreman on Mon Feb 11, 2008 5:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

By wweist
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
Enabran wrote:First I wanted to vote for an Equipment, because we haven't much Artifact's.
I voted for an Event because I would like to see a card that blurs the lines like an Event card that becomes an Equipment card, or an Event card that turns a personnel into an Equipment or even an Interrupt. There are so many possibilities! Of course Archaeology or Anthropology would have to be part of the mix... :twocents:
Last edited by wweist on Mon Feb 11, 2008 8:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
European OP Coordinator
 - European OP Coordinator
 -  
I voted for Event. Maybe my dreamcard comes true and I can finally command Kira Nerys and The Intendant at the same time :cross:
Last edited by Clerasil ToB on Tue Feb 12, 2008 10:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

By Enabran
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
2E Austrian National Second Runner-Up 2022
It looks like it would become a dilemma.

There is one Dilemma I always wanted to see:
The "Doomsday machine"
:twisted: maybe a planet-mission killing Dilemma
Last edited by Enabran on Fri Feb 15, 2008 2:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Director of First Edition
By MidnightLich (Charlie Plaine)
 - Director of First Edition
 -  
Prophet
Only 78 votes have been cast out of 230 registered users. Those 152 votes could be a major factor in the decision! We have until Monday to decide.

-crp
Last edited by MidnightLich on Fri Feb 15, 2008 3:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
1EFQ: Game of two halves

Or maybe keep your unsolicited snark to yo[…]

Vulcan Lander and its ability

What constrains this strategy is the number of c[…]

Ignoring point losses & Timing

I would be interested in the answer to this as wel[…]

Greetings 'trek fans! As discussed in our Februar[…]