Check out the trials and troubles of the first Will of the Collective, where the community designed a card for the first time!

<t>Which concept should become the first WotC card?</t>

Concept A
9%
Concept B
7%
Concept C
28%
Concept D
1%
Concept E
9%
Concept F
3%
Concept G
19%
Concept H
9%
Concept I
4%
Concept J
9%

- Beta Quadrant
 -  
Linkan wrote:
The Guardian wrote:I think that I will pick between C and G. Does anyone have any arguments either way to try to convince me?
I think dilemma C has more to offer in Will of the Collective, and hope that concept G is used by TCC for another card in the (not to far) future.
I agree that G could be a little bit dull as a card developed by a big group of players, but I think that giving it up to the community could help add enough nuance to the card which would help give it that "powerful enough to change the game, but not powerful enough to break the game" vibe. My original idea for the card was certainly not a "place this dilemma on this mission and name an attribute," but rather that it would have some requirements or limits.

I don't know, I'm still trying to decide where I am going to vote- I want something fun and useful. The consume dilemma could do it.
Last edited by grandnagusmorn on Thu Mar 06, 2008 6:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
Community Contributor
Mogh wrote:Am I the only person interested in Concept H? Sure, it's not as potentially sexy as the other concepts, but I think it's a solid idea. And, it's the closest to "deck/pile synergy" in the list by my measure.
Thanks Mogh, I'm glad you like it. I agree, it's not got the WOW factor of some of these concepts, but I can see a card like my concept causing some interesting ingame decisions.

e.g. If I use this dilemma I won't be able to play my Data next turn, but if I don't then my opponent gets to complete this mission.
Last edited by MattgomeryScott on Fri Mar 07, 2008 9:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

- Beta Quadrant
 -  
MattgomeryScott wrote:
Mogh wrote:Am I the only person interested in Concept H? Sure, it's not as potentially sexy as the other concepts, but I think it's a solid idea. And, it's the closest to "deck/pile synergy" in the list by my measure.
Thanks Mogh, I'm glad you like it. I agree, it's not got the WOW factor of some of these concepts, but I can see a card like my concept causing some interesting ingame decisions.

e.g. If I use this dilemma I won't be able to play my Data next turn, but if I don't then my opponent gets to complete this mission.
Actually I misunderstood the meaning of this option (was I the only one?), I thought the dilemma went in the mission attempter's core. This is a great idea, as long as it has a consume to offset the fact it doesn't go under the mission.
Last edited by grandnagusmorn on Fri Mar 07, 2008 2:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

By Mogh
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
Yes, I think "Consume: 1" with a cost of 1 or 2 would be enough to offset the "1 fewer counter" clause once it's in the dilemma owner's core. After all, if it's used late in the game, losing a counter each turn probably won't hurt as much. I might go so far as to say cost 0 and "Consume: 2," but I'd rather let the experts tackle this.

Yes, Matt, I think it's a great "run time card" -- the kind of card Brad loves to give the players.
Last edited by Mogh on Fri Mar 07, 2008 9:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
Community Contributor
Thing is, with my entry, putting Consume on it is the last thing I want to do. :lol:

I've never been a big fan of consume, so this is my alternate take on a dilemma cost reduction method. I thought I'd explained it properly, but evidently I didn't. Oops.

Though I suppose putting consume: 1 would be okay, meaning that you are essentially putting one dilemma under, like you would have been doing anyway if you used a different dilemma.
Last edited by MattgomeryScott on Sat Mar 08, 2008 10:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

Hi guys, maybe a totally stupid question ... I h[…]

Zwei Turniere und das schon im März ... Das L[…]

Is it now that we talk about the dream card forum?[…]

German Nationals 2024 (1E)

Done. Your complete decklist. Can't have your […]