Check out the trials and troubles of the first Will of the Collective, where the community designed a card for the first time!

<t>Which concept should become the first WotC card?</t>

Concept A
9%
Concept B
7%
Concept C
28%
Concept D
1%
Concept E
9%
Concept F
3%
Concept G
19%
Concept H
9%
Concept I
4%
Concept J
9%
Director of First Edition
By MidnightLich (Charlie Plaine)
 - Director of First Edition
 -  
Prophet
SirDan wrote:I object to the abbreviation WotC.

:wink:
Wow... I didn't even notice that. Ironic, isn't it?

-crp
Last edited by MidnightLich on Tue Mar 04, 2008 1:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

By Mogh
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
Am I the only person interested in Concept H? Sure, it's not as potentially sexy as the other concepts, but I think it's a solid idea. And, it's the closest to "deck/pile synergy" in the list by my measure.
Last edited by Mogh on Tue Mar 04, 2008 1:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Director of First Edition
By MidnightLich (Charlie Plaine)
 - Director of First Edition
 -  
Prophet
Go out and get your friends to vote! Spread the word! Get everyone you can involved in this cool process.

-crp
Last edited by MidnightLich on Tue Mar 04, 2008 1:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

By wweist
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
MidnightLich wrote:

:wink:
Wow... I didn't even notice that. Ironic, isn't it?

-crp
Creepy, considering the nickname: HasBorg :shock:
Last edited by wweist on Tue Mar 04, 2008 2:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

By Jaybird
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
All of these ideas are cool, but I went with C because 1. It has never been done 2. Adds randomness and 3. Fits well with encouraging the use of more Consume dilemmas.

As I see it now, lots of Consume dilemmas with high consumes seem pricey, but imagine if you got a little more bang for your buck if you happen to Consume one of these special dilemmas... might be a little more worth it. Maybe even provides incentive to use the "Consume X" dilemmas beyond how much you think needs to be consumed.

Plus the strategy of balancing this new dilemma type with normal dilemmas seems intriguing.

Overall I just found it very unique.
Last edited by Jaybird on Tue Mar 04, 2008 2:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

By Foreman
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
I voted for C, but I have a suggestion.

Why make it only have an effect if it is consumed?

It could have a normal effect, but with an extra game text that says "if this dilemma is consumed do X"

Also I may be jumping the gun a bit here, but what if the dilemma was something that is related to something that is actually consumed
Last edited by Foreman on Tue Mar 04, 2008 9:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

By charlie
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Concept A
Include in your deck and add to dilemma stack from hand

Can anyone give me a short play scenario of how these work?[/quote]

This would act like any verb card in that you would keep it in draw/play deck. Then when you draw it during your draw/play phase, you would be able to use it. Say your opponent goes to a mission, this card, probably a [D] dilemma, would be added to your dilemma stack after dilemmas are drawn. In effect, this would allow you to spend more counters than personnel attempting the mission. An interesting concept, but could be quite punishing if not handled properly. After all, there are numerous ways to subtract and add to the number of dilemmas drawn and played, but this would ignore those routes and create an whole new avenue of difficulty to mission attempting.
Last edited by charlie on Wed Mar 05, 2008 3:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

- Beta Quadrant
 -  
The Guardian wrote:
MilesStuntDouble wrote:Out of curiousity did anyone get 2 (or 3) of their concepts chosen?
I did. D and G. I don't think I will vote for either. I want to work on some of those other ideas. I haven't decided which one yet.
I also submitted G, so we can both take credit. I guess it depends who sent their stuff in first.
Last edited by grandnagusmorn on Wed Mar 05, 2008 4:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

- Beta Quadrant
 -  
wweist wrote:Ok, help me out with A & D:

Concept A
Include in your deck and add to dilemma stack from hand

Can anyone give me a short play scenario of how these work?
I submitted the idea for A. I created a whole slew of dreamcards based on a keyword with this concept (it happens to be the first DC post on this forum). Check it out here: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=36

Basically, the concept came to me as an idea to hold a dilemma in reserve. It takes up a spot in your hand as a cost, but you can use it basically whenever you want. As a one-shot I would expect it to be a simple stop one or kill one, but if it works as a keyword (in this case a temporal themed keyword called "Incursion" i thought of a bunch of different types of dilemmas and other cards that use it as a theme (basically, anyone in Trek who went back in time to try and change something).

A is my vote.
Last edited by Marauder Mo on Wed Mar 05, 2008 4:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Second Edition Design Manager
By The Guardian (Richard New)
 - Second Edition Design Manager
 -  
2E North American Continental Quarter-Finalist 2023
grandnagusmorn wrote:
The Guardian wrote:
MilesStuntDouble wrote:Out of curiousity did anyone get 2 (or 3) of their concepts chosen?
I did. D and G. I don't think I will vote for either. I want to work on some of those other ideas. I haven't decided which one yet.
I also submitted G, so we can both take credit. I guess it depends who sent their stuff in first.
Okay. I got one and a half of mine chosen...
Last edited by The Guardian on Wed Mar 05, 2008 5:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Achievement Master
By SirRogue
 - Achievement Master
 -  
LOL. Indeed. At least they didn't yank the ST license out from under Decipher like SW. :evil:
Last edited by SirRogue on Thu Mar 06, 2008 4:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Achievement Master
By SirRogue
 - Achievement Master
 -  
Hrm. F, I, and J are a little too 1E for my tastes.

I think C has real potential. There are so many directions this could be taken, it could actually be a series of dilemmas that use this concept.

G could be interesting, but I think it needs something like E, where it decays, and eventually goes away.

I wish I hadn't totally missed the boat on the concept submission. I would have liked to seen something that combines Timescape with a wall. "Unless you have (X), all personnel and ships you command are stopped."
Last edited by SirRogue on Thu Mar 06, 2008 4:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

By Old Kor
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
Friends and neighbours,

hmm, concept E sounds pretty good to me: A surprising concept for any attempt: You never know, if you match the the needed skills. It's just like exploring a new world and you don't know what is waiting for you 8)
Last edited by Old Kor on Thu Mar 06, 2008 9:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

Both these ideas have elements that interest me as[…]

Done.

Online CM RELEASE TOURNAMENT

Hello, Here are the 2nd round pairings, courtesy […]

Thermokinetic explosion

It would hit because your total attibutes at the t[…]