Check out the trials and troubles of the first Will of the Collective, where the community designed a card for the first time!

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
charlie wrote:You could make this dilemma Persistent and that would allow you to pull it back if you want.
:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Last edited by MilesStuntDouble on Fri Mar 14, 2008 4:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

By charlie
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Anyone who wants to steal/borrow/improve my idea about Persistence is more than welcome to do so. Just know that you heard it here first. Unless you don't get chosen and my original idea wins, then I never heard of it. :thumbsup:
Last edited by charlie on Fri Mar 14, 2008 7:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
Second Edition Design Manager
By The Guardian (Richard New)
 - Second Edition Design Manager
 -  
2E North American Continental Quarter-Finalist 2023
Foreman wrote:Anyone have opinions about making the dilemma persistant?
I think it's a brilliant idea, especially if the card has no normal (non-consumed) use. Afterall, the whole point is to consume it. It is a black hole in your dilemma pile otherwise. If someone were to continue to put empty space in their own dilemma pile, I say that's pretty good balance.
Last edited by The Guardian on Fri Mar 14, 2008 8:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

By Altoid
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
In Addition to the regular affects that "Consume Me" will eventually have, I'd like additionally for "Consume Me" to have text similar to that on Vault of Tomorrow, except with two specific dilemmas mentioned. Here's a draft of what I'd like to see:

When this dilemma is placed beneath a mission by another dilemma, <X happens>. Also, your opponent searches his or her dilemma pile for Timescape and Skeleton Crew and places them top of his or her dilemma stack. Then your opponent shuffles his or her dilemma pile.

:twisted:
Last edited by Altoid on Fri Mar 14, 2008 9:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

By charlie
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Altoid wrote:In Addition to the regular affects that "Consume Me" will eventually have, I'd like additionally for "Consume Me" to have text similar to that on Vault of Tomorrow, except with two specific dilemmas mentioned. Here's a draft of what I'd like to see:

When this dilemma is placed beneath a mission by another dilemma, <X happens>. Also, your opponent searches his or her dilemma pile for Timescape and Skeleton Crew and places them top of his or her dilemma stack. Then your opponent shuffles his or her dilemma pile.

This would wreck havoc if it were also made Persistent :twisted: :twisted:
Last edited by charlie on Fri Mar 14, 2008 9:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
Second Edition Design Manager
By The Guardian (Richard New)
 - Second Edition Design Manager
 -  
2E North American Continental Quarter-Finalist 2023
Altoid wrote:In Addition to the regular affects that "Consume Me" will eventually have, I'd like additionally for "Consume Me" to have text similar to that on Vault of Tomorrow, except with two specific dilemmas mentioned. Here's a draft of what I'd like to see:

That could also be the effect:

"When this dilemma is placed beneath a mission by another dilemma, your opponent searches his or her dilemma pile for Timescape and Skeleton Crew and places them on top of his or her dilemma stack. Then your opponent shuffles his or her dilemma pile."

Or more generically:

"When this dilemma is placed beneath a mission by another dilemma, your opponent searches his or her dilemma pile for two dilemmas and places them on top of his or her dilemma stack. Then your opponent shuffles his or her dilemma pile."

By the way, I have already submitted an idea that is not this if anyone is struggling.
Last edited by The Guardian on Fri Mar 14, 2008 10:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
Community Contributor
Okay, I think I have my entry, but I have two different ways of wording what is essentially the same idea.

So can I submit both sets of wording as one entry, as they are essentially the same idea?

Answers on a postcard please. :lol:
Last edited by MattgomeryScott on Fri Mar 14, 2008 2:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

- Beta Quadrant
 -  
We'll see who get's first dibs on submitting Persistent as a main feature of his/her text. I submitted my idea quite a while ago (though still a few days after submission where first being taken, but before persistence cropped up as a topic of conversation here); it was a very straight-forward card that featured Persistent as an element. I saw my submission as the bread and butter, basic, element of what can be a cycle of "consume me" dilemmas that would in turn get more fancy with their effects but lack the outright reliability offered by Persistent on such a card.
The Guardian wrote:"When this dilemma is placed beneath a mission by another dilemma, your opponent searches his or her dilemma pile for Timescape and Skeleton Crew and places them on top of his or her dilemma stack. Then your opponent shuffles his or her dilemma pile."
I would personnaly hate to see a card like this. In my mind, for mission solving, being able to attempt with smaller teams (through achieving a high average attribute total), and being able to attempt multiple times in a turn (by effiecient use of one's counters) is the very essence of good deck design. A card like this would seem to punish good design and reward mediocrity. I think it's fine to have cards like Timescape and Skeleton Crew in the game to help keep things balanced (and they do their job well enough against me in my meta), but I think an über-support card like this would swing things too far in the other direction; like I said, apparently rewarding mediocrity and ineffeciency in deck design or at least a play style which fails to make full use of one's turn.
Last edited by CFHollister on Fri Mar 14, 2008 7:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Director of First Edition
By MidnightLich (Charlie Plaine)
 - Director of First Edition
 -  
Prophet
MattgomeryScott wrote:Okay, I think I have my entry, but I have two different ways of wording what is essentially the same idea.

So can I submit both sets of wording as one entry, as they are essentially the same idea?

Answers on a postcard please. :lol:
You'll need to pick one.

-crp
Last edited by MidnightLich on Fri Mar 14, 2008 8:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

By Foreman
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
I'm trying to decide between two card designs to submit. Would people like to see this dilemma have some new effect that hasn't been done before, or is the cost of becoming consumed enough if combined with an already been seen effect?
Last edited by Foreman on Sat Mar 15, 2008 12:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

By DaSchemer
 - Alpha Quadrant
 -  
The Guardian wrote: That could also be the effect:

"When this dilemma is placed beneath a mission by another dilemma, your opponent searches his or her dilemma pile for Timescape and Skeleton Crew and places them on top of his or her dilemma stack. Then your opponent shuffles his or her dilemma pile."

Or more generically:

"When this dilemma is placed beneath a mission by another dilemma, your opponent searches his or her dilemma pile for two dilemmas and places them on top of his or her dilemma stack. Then your opponent shuffles his or her dilemma pile."
huh :?: :?: y would i search for a dilemma just to shuffle it back into my dilemma pile :?:
Last edited by DaSchemer on Sun Mar 16, 2008 2:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

By Maelwys (Chris Lobban)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Community Contributor
The Guardian wrote: ... and places them on top of his or her dilemma stack. Then your opponent shuffles his or her dilemma pile."
They're not the same thing.
Last edited by Maelwys on Sun Mar 16, 2008 7:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
 -  
Prophet
Last call for entries - they are due at Midnight tonight, which is a little over 8 hours from now.

-crp
Last edited by MidnightLich on Sun Mar 16, 2008 3:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ambassador
By Linkan (Torbjörn Lindquist)
 - Ambassador
 -  
Architect
How many entries did you get? How many of those will you choose? Do you need more than a week to choose? I have many questions, but that will have to be enough for now.
Last edited by Linkan on Mon Mar 17, 2008 6:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
 -  
Prophet
Linkan wrote:How many entries did you get? How many of those will you choose? Do you need more than a week to choose? I have many questions, but that will have to be enough for now.
There are exactly twenty (20) submissions to go through. It might take the panel more than a week, as they're using a more organic processes than last time. Each idea will be analyzed, discussed and reviewed by the five team members and they'll go from there go from there.

I'm not sure how many will be picked and present to you for Decision 5.

-crp

Is it now that we talk about the dream card forum?[…]

German Nationals 2024 (1E)

Done. Your complete decklist. Can't have your […]

Unser Turnier in Köln gestern war ebenfalls[…]

Online CM RELEASE TOURNAMENT

Hello, Here are the 2nd round pairings, courtesy […]