Check out the trials and troubles of the first Will of the Collective, where the community designed a card for the first time!

<t>Should Consume Me! include a traditional effect?</t>

Yes, just like a traditional dilemma.
70%
No, only when placed under by a Consume dilemma.
26%
Other, please comment in this thread.
5%
Second Edition Design Manager
By The Guardian (Richard New)
 - Second Edition Design Manager
 -  
2E North American Continental Quarter-Finalist 2023
CFHollister wrote:I tend to envision a [D] 2-cost dilemma. Costing the "real" effect makes no sense because it only goes off when consumed (and will be "free" anyway if you get lucky and it just happens to be at the right place at teh right time). As long as the "Place..." text is the only text when the dilemma is faced, I figure 2 counters was enough to buy you the certainty of it going off. At least I thought that would be a good place to start and then see what kind of data playtesting got on the matter.
2 sounds about right to me too. You won me over. I'd vote for that text at this point.
Last edited by The Guardian on Wed Mar 26, 2008 7:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

- Beta Quadrant
 -  
The Guardian wrote:
CFHollister wrote:I tend to envision a [D] 2-cost dilemma. Costing the "real" effect makes no sense because it only goes off when consumed (and will be "free" anyway if you get lucky and it just happens to be at the right place at teh right time). As long as the "Place..." text is the only text when the dilemma is faced, I figure 2 counters was enough to buy you the certainty of it going off. At least I thought that would be a good place to start and then see what kind of data playtesting got on the matter.
2 sounds about right to me too. You won me over. I'd vote for that text at this point.
Haha, well that's one :thumbsup: . Hopefully we can get everyone else on board too... :)
Last edited by CFHollister on Wed Mar 26, 2008 7:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

- Beta Quadrant
 -  
CFHollister wrote:
The Guardian wrote:
Haha, well that's one :thumbsup: . Hopefully we can get everyone else on board too... :)
I think this is a good idea as well. I was thinking something similar, but more a zero-cost dilemma that shuffles it back into the dilemma pile. Your idea is better.
Question for noob

Crossover or Temporal Micro-wormhole should both w[…]

Only works when RS is played after AIV. This is be[…]

Still a few weeks left to get registered for the[…]

Hey all, we are running a "Warum-up" fo[…]