Check out the trials and troubles of the first Will of the Collective, where the community designed a card for the first time!

Which gametext should be used (and should we use a regular effect)?

Submission E (no regular effect)
18%
Submission E (w/a regular effect)
45%
Submission F (no regular effect)
6%
Submission F (w/a regular effect)
31%
Director of First Edition
By MidnightLich (Charlie Plaine)
 - Director of First Edition
 -  
Prophet
Since we had such a close vote (with a victory margin of less than 10%), we're going to do a run-off vote. Here are the top two choices from Decision #5:

Submission E
When this dilemma is placed beneath a mission by a Consume dilemma, your opponent names a skill. Randomly select a personnel with that skill to be killed.

Submission F
When this dilemma is placed beneath this mission by a Consume dilemma, the owner of this dilemma may choose a dilemma beneath this mission to return to its owner's dilemma pile.

Which one do you prefer? Also, tell us if you want a regular effect in addition to the on consume effect, or just the consumed effect. You have until next Monday to decide on this one, and this vote will be final, no matter how close the margin.

One note from our lead designer: no matter which game text is selected, if a regular effect is used, there will almost certainly be no room for lore.

-crp

By charlie
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Could the wording be changed to have the player select a different dilemma that has already been over come? This way this dilemma cannot be returned.
 -  
Prophet
I'm not sure if we've said this for sure or not, but the results of this process will appear as a card in the second Virtual Expansion - Expansion #16 (Code Name Eleanor) that's due out in August 2008.

-crp

By Foreman
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Wow I don't check in for a couple of weeks and I find that my idea is in the top 2. 8)

Just wanted to say that I was always thinking that it should have a regular text as well. It would basically be a normal dilemma that would have a bonus if it happened to be consumed (placed under a mission by another dilemma). Kind of a twist on a persistant dilemma.

One thing that could be changed if people wanted to juice it up a bit would be to have it return the dilemma to the top of the dilemma pile.

By Foreman
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
MidnightLich wrote:One note from our lead designer: no matter which game text is selected, if a regular effect is used, there will almost certainly be no room for lore.
-crp
Unless of course we use a picture of data's brother on the card :P

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
*bothers people again why the text does not say "When this dilemma is consumed..." lightly similar to Outmatched*
 -  
Prophet
This is your last chance to decide on the gametext for this card - after this vote, it will be done!

-crp
Ambassador
By Linkan (Torbjörn Lindquist)
 - Ambassador
 -  
Architect
MidnightLich wrote:This is your last chance to decide on the gametext for this card - after this vote, it will be done!
Well, what about regular effect?
 -  
Prophet
Linkan wrote:
MidnightLich wrote:This is your last chance to decide on the gametext for this card - after this vote, it will be done!
Well, what about regular effect?
Yes that might be a part of it, but the main "on consume" part will be decided.

-crp
German Nationals 2024 (1E)

Done. Your complete decklist. Can't have your […]

Unser Turnier in Köln gestern war ebenfalls[…]

Both these ideas have elements that interest me as[…]

Online CM RELEASE TOURNAMENT

Hello, Here are the 2nd round pairings, courtesy […]