A place for complete-off-topic conversations that have nothing to do with Star Trek. The rules still apply here, stay civil.
Director of First Edition
By MidnightLich (Charlie Plaine)
 - Director of First Edition
 -  
Prophet
Anyone checked out any of the new TV shows this year? I just watched the pilot for "Fringe," the latest show from J.J. Abrams. (Incidentally, also created by the writers of the upcoming Star Trek movie.) It definitely has the same vibe as his earlier works, Alias and Lost. I loved Alias and really liked the first season of Lost, but haven't followed the subsequent seasons.

Anyway... have you seen anything cool?

-crp

By Foreman
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
It's not exactly new, but I think a lot of people missed out last season.

I think many people here would appreciate Big Bang Theory. I think the second season starts out next week.

As for new shows, I've caught a few episodes of Flashpoint, and it's pretty enjoyable if you like Jerry Bruckheimer type shows.

How was Fringe by the way?

By Galathon
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
I'm waiting for the new series of Joss Wheadon. Dollhouse. I am fan of Buffy and Angel and I watched Firefly, so now I'm waiting for Dollhouse.

By LCJK
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
I'm liking the look of Fringe, I watched the first episode when it was leaked a couple of months ago but haven't gotten around to watching the final cut or the 2nd ep yet. I watched the first episode of True Blood last night, that show seems cool too.
Director of First Edition
By MidnightLich (Charlie Plaine)
 - Director of First Edition
 -  
Prophet
Galathon wrote:I'm waiting for the new series of Joss Wheadon. Dollhouse. I am fan of Buffy and Angel and I watched Firefly, so now I'm waiting for Dollhouse.
No way will I watch this until it's either a) canceled or b) renewed for a second season. They must have brought dump trucks full of money to his house to get him to work with Fox again!

-crp
Second Edition Design Manager
By The Guardian (Richard New)
 - Second Edition Design Manager
 -  
2E North American Continental Quarter-Finalist 2023
Usually, I'll give a new show or two a season a shot. This season, it's Fringe (which I have not been impressed with; seems like the X-Files monster-of-the-week episodes) and Dollhouse. I usually go for FX shows (The Shield is as good as ever in its last season and It's Always Sunny in Philidelphia started last night by hitting a mark higher than last season's somewhat disappointment.) I've also been following Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles (which is taking a different route with John this season), Prison Break (which reinvents itself each season beautifully), House (which is definitely changing its formula with Wilson, but has good writing regardless). As for Lost, I am pumped for the next season. More than last season, I am really interested in how they make it work with the same format.

Anyone is welcome to discuss any of the above with me. I love my TV.
Executive Officer
By jadziadax8 (Maggie Geppert)
 - Executive Officer
 -  
The Traveler
2E North American Continental Semi-Finalist 2023
ibbles  Trek Masters Tribbles Champion 2023
MidnightLich wrote:
Galathon wrote:I'm waiting for the new series of Joss Wheadon. Dollhouse. I am fan of Buffy and Angel and I watched Firefly, so now I'm waiting for Dollhouse.
No way will I watch this until it's either a) canceled or b) renewed for a second season. They must have brought dump trucks full of money to his house to get him to work with Fox again!

-crp
Actually, from what I hear, he had an idea for a show that involved Eliza Dushku. She was under contract for another show with Fox, so if he wanted to do produce the show, he'd have to go with them. I almost wish I had TV to watch it. It also has Amy Acker (Fred from Angel) and Tahmoh Penikett (Helo from BSG) in it.

IMDB Linky

By tksolway (Thomas Solway)
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
I don't even bother really watching TV anymore, Just Hockey and Law and Order. Every time in the last few years someone has told me there is a good new series, I have thought it was jeuvanille or obvious. The last decent thing on tv was Firefly.

By McKennsy
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
I saw some advert's for Fringe over the last few days. Its starting soon over here.It looks like it could be worth watching. :thumbsup:

- Beta Quadrant
 -  
Just finished watching the first two episode of Fringe online and actuallt thought they were pretty good. A little like X-Files meets CSI but still pretty good.
Second Edition Design Manager
By The Guardian (Richard New)
 - Second Edition Design Manager
 -  
2E North American Continental Quarter-Finalist 2023
Bulliebuddy wrote:Just finished watching the first two episode of Fringe online and actuallt thought they were pretty good. A little like X-Files meets CSI but still pretty good.
See, Lost was great right out of the gate. What is everyone hiding? What's the monster in the jungle? Why is there a polar bear on the island? Why has a distress signal been running for 16 years continuously and not been answered? Charlie's question at the end of the pilot, "Where are we?" Fringe doesn't seem to have any of that. There's an "evil" corporation with unknown plans that seems to be running experiements using fringe science. That seems like an episode, not a series. I just don't think I'm impressed yet.

By charlie
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
What did you think of Chuck? I kinda liked the show and was sorry when the strike ended it. But I hear that it is supposed to be coming back.

By Foreman
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
charlie wrote:What did you think of Chuck? I kinda liked the show and was sorry when the strike ended it. But I hear that it is supposed to be coming back.
I actaully liked the few episodes I caught last season, but it wasn't a must-see for me. I would say people should check it out if they have extra time that they don't want to spend reading (or more likely building new startrek decks).

*dramatic noise* *suspends play* 0KF19 Kaiserfe[…]

Is Sedis a captain?

Not exactly, because that is the ONLY keywor[…]

MN 2024 Gatherings

I'll not make the 27th, unfortunately. I've pencil[…]

I get the MW 80-70....good game.