A place for complete-off-topic conversations that have nothing to do with Star Trek. The rules still apply here, stay civil.
First Edition Rules Master
 - First Edition Rules Master
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
Community Contributor
When I had a full-on addiction, I supported it by volunteering for Decipher. :D

I was the city's only Ambassador, my wife the only Rider of Rohan. We wrote card extras and the occasional article, and did some [fnord] work.

Turns out Decipher rewarded *really* well. I think at it's height, I was only buying a box of each set, and that was mainly (a) to support local businesses, and (b) get some extra prize support.

At one point I ran a 15-hour "mega-tournament", and the minimum prize was half a box of cards. (Also known as "Mr. Gould cleans out the closet").
Executive Officer
By jadziadax8 (Maggie Geppert)
 - Executive Officer
 -  
The Traveler
2E North American Continental Semi-Finalist 2023
ibbles  Trek Masters Tribbles Champion 2023
I'm a physics professor at a community college. Pay and benefits are pretty damn good, since I'm in an affluent district. I've got great students, especially this semester, which make me love my job.

By Galathon
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
In the early days I was volunteer for Decipher as Ambassador, Rider of Rohan, Young Jedi Council Member and I held some SWCCG tournaments. Now I work at DHL as warehouse operator and in my free time I still holding tournaments for several games (not only decipher games).

By stoovie (Matthyas Kiraly)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Foreman wrote:Hey, I was jsut wondering what the average startrek CCG player did to make money.
Drugs.

By stoovie (Matthyas Kiraly)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Robert does drugs too.

- Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
For the last 8 years I had student loans. Then for 6 months I was a gainfully employed Attorney in a 3 man law firm. I quit after I learned my employer was engaging in Illegal and Unethical activity and was under investigation by the FBI. Now i'm searching for another job.

By nagisteve
 - Alpha Quadrant
 -  
I work in the exciting world of retail, for B&Q (Home Depots UK equivalent), trying to sell people kitchens and bathrooms. Is pretty cool, tougher at the moment, and a day can be completely ruined by one arse of a customer.

Seems I'm one of the few here not teaching people something or other.

By Danny (Daniel Giddings)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
2E British National Runner-Up 2021
nagisteve wrote:Seems I'm one of the few here not teaching people something or other.
Budge up in the non-academic boat; I'm an editorial assistant for a company that "builds, maintains and distributes a searchable database of organic and organometallic crystal structures".

By whampiri
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
i work for the man. yip the crooked politicians who shower every morning in teflon. :lol: im in the unemployment office.crap job, crap wages but im not getting fired any time soon. before that I was working for Blockbusters sister company Xtravision and then for O2 Ireland. Man i've had some amount of jobs.

That is intended. A cure dilemma ALWAYS has its […]

Likely I should be able to attend. Just need the d[…]

Nelvana Trap

Wait ... what? Since when does battle during […]

Thanks all. I have my handle as my name, I didn&rs[…]