A place for complete-off-topic conversations that have nothing to do with Star Trek. The rules still apply here, stay civil.

By McKennsy
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
Highlight the last part of my message.
Oh....right you are so Ted.
The Guinness warmed
Now the football banter I can take, but that was below the belt Stoovie. Warm Guinness can make you feal a bit :thumbsdown:

(Having said that, warm, cold, or extra cold I cant stand the stuff)
and the Leprechauns accosted for pot's o' gold.
Leave the bloody Leprechauns alone. The Credit Crunch has realllllllllllly hit them hard. There's not a gold coin to be seen anywhere. The country is awash with Leprechauns crying into their ( cold ) pints of Guinness. :cheersL:

By stoovie (Matthyas Kiraly)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  

Ireland 4.8.9 (57) d Australia 3.8.11 (53)

Congratulations to Ireland. I said it was going to be close, and it was. Just four points the margin. The small flurry of goals and goal attempts in the dying minutes meant it was only a kick (or tap) in it.

I was impressed just how well the Irish boys ran the game out. I think we were all expecting them to fade away in the 4th quarter, but to their credit they paced themselves throughout the game. That energy and their experience with the round ball got them home on foreign ground, and their first Cormac McAnallen Cup since 2004.

While there were many displays of brilliance, we were left lamenting our skills with the round ball. Just as last week, lots of kicks falling short, and more emphasis on running the ball by hand meant many turn-overs. We were forced to bring the ball in by hand, and much closer to goal to score an over.

Props to Coach Boylan, Captain Cavanagh, and the rest of the Irish. I think everyone's enjoyed the game to some extent and I hope we can continue to work together to make this a regular event in the Australia/Ireland footy fixtures once more.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

whampiri, PM me your address and I'll send you the Brutal Experiments, and an extra little gift for being a great sport. :)

By whampiri
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
i'll go 1 better for ya stoovie and give you a chance to win it back. usa presidential election: pick 1 ,it's only fun so i don't mind who you choose.my own thought is that you'd be crazy not to pick obama. you win and you keep your card, i win, throw me an extra random rare( of your choice!) just something to keep some friendly competition going and better than giving it to the bookies. :lol:

Apologies for the delays in the results. They will[…]

MW for doctorjoya over tykajada 35-0. GG! :cheers[…]

The sacred cow in 1E for me is: Not Oversimplifiyi[…]

@Rancour@gmx.de @Gul Dakar Florian gets the F[…]