A place for complete-off-topic conversations that have nothing to do with Star Trek. The rules still apply here, stay civil.

By jSarek
 -  
For those here whose time in the STCCG online community don't date back nearly a decade, "The Buzz" was the original title for the off-topic BBS at Decipher. Good times were had there. It got renamed the Off-Topic Message Board in 1999, with a bit of a crackdown on allowed topics, and was never quite the same after that (though some of the Buzzers went on to set up The New Buzz off-site to continue the discussion and camaraderie).

After all these years, though, it made my eyes water a little when I realized the home of STCCG once again has an off-topic board going by that name. Kudos to whomever is responsible. :-)

EDIT: I just noticed I typed (txt) in the title bar. I need to get me a cane and a rocking chair.

By Maelwys (Chris Lobban)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Community Contributor
jSarek wrote:For those here whose time in the STCCG online community don't date back nearly a decade, "The Buzz" was the original title for the off-topic BBS at Decipher. Good times were had there.
You may note that technically the original title was "the buzz" all lower-case. Hence the lack of capitalization in the forum name here as well. ;-)

By jSarek
 -  
Maelwys wrote:
jSarek wrote:For those here whose time in the STCCG online community don't date back nearly a decade, "The Buzz" was the original title for the off-topic BBS at Decipher. Good times were had there.
You may note that technically the original title was "the buzz" all lower-case. Hence the lack of capitalization in the forum name here as well. ;-)
Heh. All of the pages from "the buzz" that I have archived were rescued from a temp file folder, so none of the original graphics came with. I'd forgotten that particular detail, and just assumed the lowercase stuff from behind the graphics was lowercase for technical reasons.

Cool.

Bang-up job there, Mael. :-)
South Dakota Regional May 18th

Likely I should be able to attend. Just need the[…]

That is intended. A cure dilemma ALWAYS has its […]

Nelvana Trap

Wait ... what? Since when does battle during […]

Thanks all. I have my handle as my name, I didn&rs[…]