A place for complete-off-topic conversations that have nothing to do with Star Trek. The rules still apply here, stay civil.

- Beta Quadrant
 -  
Is is possible that Peter still has Sylar's Intuitive Aptitude, because he learned it rather than just experiencing it and then mimicking it?

- Beta Quadrant
 -  
RedAlucard wrote:Is is possible that Peter still has Sylar's Intuitive Aptitude, because he learned it rather than just experiencing it and then mimicking it?
I'm thinking he doesn't, because even if the powers were his own rather than the result of mimicry, they still would have been taken.

But no matter how many powers Mr. Petrelli steals, he'll never be a match for the Haitian. Seriously, the Haitian and Mr. Bennet should team up once more and take down every last one of the villains.
Second Edition Design Manager
By The Guardian (Richard New)
 - Second Edition Design Manager
 -  
2E North American Continental Quarter-Finalist 2023
I suppose anything is possible. I got the feeling that he gained the ability through exposure to Sylar demonstrating it, though. He doesn't have super-hearing because he never had exposure to Sylar using it.

That brings up an interesting point. Arthur took Peter's power, so he also took Sylar's. Now, he has "the hunger."

The promos above definitely clarified a couple of questions.

- Beta Quadrant
 -  
At least this means Peter doesn't have the hunger for the time being. But it's very dangerous that Mr. Petrelli has it.

I wonder if Peter took on Mohinder's "power" when they met in the future. Though I don't think he'd ever want to use it, unless he saw some advantage to being an insect man.

- Beta Quadrant
 -  
Now remember, those previews where for sprint cell phone customers only, so dont watch them if you dont have a sprint phone. :wink:
North American OP Coordinator
By The Ninja Scot (Michael Van Breemen)
 - North American OP Coordinator
 -  
1E World Quarter-Finalist 2023
2E World Champion 2023
Tribbles World Champion 2022
The Traveler
1E North American Continental Champion 2023
2E North American Continental Champion 2023
  Trek Masters 1E Champion 2024
1E American National Champion 2023
1E Canadian National Champion 2023
2E Canadian National Champion 2023
2E  National Runner-Up 2023
2E American National Second Runner-Up 2023
1E Ferenginar Regional Champion 2024
2E Ferenginar Regional Champion 2024
Other questions on my mind tonight -

1) Since it's been established that these abilities are specific for each person that was born/created with them, how could there be people with identical abilities such as Isaac and the person in Africa? If it's purely genetic, I can't imagine the mathematical odds of two people with the same abilities that are mutually exclusive from each other.

2) Now that Elle (Kristen bell) had been fired, what happened next to her? Other people I'm wondering about includes Micah and his cousin as well as parkman's adopted daughter.

3) How did Parkman's father get out of the prison/trap that his son placed him in?

4) since it's obvious now that Arthur didn't kill himself, who attempted to do so to have him confined to the bed like that?

5) what abilities haven't we seen yet?

6) When is Mr. Muggles going to make his move on the world?

Michael

By Maelwys (Chris Lobban)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Community Contributor
The Ninja Scot wrote:1) Since it's been established that these abilities are specific for each person that was born/created with them, how could there be people with identical abilities such as Isaac and the person in Africa? If it's purely genetic, I can't imagine the mathematical odds of two people with the same abilities that are mutually exclusive from each other.
All they've said is that which ability that you have is related to your blood chemistry. There's nothing to say how specific a range that chemistry has to be to produce a specific power. Maybe Nathan was at one end of the range and West was at the other, but both happened to produce a flight ability.
The Ninja Scot wrote:2) Now that Elle (Kristen bell) had been fired, what happened next to her? Other people I'm wondering about includes Micah and his cousin as well as parkman's adopted daughter.
Elle went to London, met Claude, and got tracked down by Daphne trying to recruit her to Pinehearst. For anybody that doesn't read the graphic novels, see here. They're written by the same people as the show, so there is continuity both ways (the two agents killed by Sylar right after he got Claire's power, had been regular characters in the novels all summer). All excellent material.
 -  
Escape Artist wrote:I wonder if Peter took on Mohinder's "power" when they met in the future. Though I don't think he'd ever want to use it, unless he saw some advantage to being an insect man.
More evidence that Peter just doesn't absorb the power around himself, but has to be exposed to it, or be affected by it. Mohinder in the future didn't throw him across the room or climb on walls or even demonstrate a Spidey Sense. (Anyone else think Mohinder follows a formula...minus the mutation on his back?)
 -  
The Ninja Scot wrote:2) Now that Elle (Kristen bell) had been fired, what happened next to her? Other people I'm wondering about includes Micah and his cousin as well as parkman's adopted daughter.
Like mentioned above, she is not out of the picture yet via the online comics and the previews also featured her. I think our questions will be answered soon. Micah and his cousin is a good point. They fell off the map. Molly (Parkman's adopted daughter) was seen in the future when he was married to Daphne. She's aged, so the continuity of the show gets in the way a little. (Like tall, ghost Walt on Lost.)
The Ninja Scot wrote:3) How did Parkman's father get out of the prison/trap that his son placed him in?
Parkman got out of his father's...
The Ninja Scot wrote:4) since it's obvious now that Arthur didn't kill himself, who attempted to do so to have him confined to the bed like that?
Given the previews, I think it was a plan to fake his death to get away from people that were after him. I imagine Linderman was in on it and going to help him out until he was killed by D.L. Taking Adam's power was the closest substitute. This is just more of the company nonsense. On the other hand, why does he and his wife seem to be at odds?
The Ninja Scot wrote:5) what abilities haven't we seen yet?
Control of weather? The online comics have shown powers such as telescopic vision, adaptable lungs, cosmetic illusion, and cloning, among others.
The Ninja Scot wrote:6) When is Mr. Muggles going to make his move on the world?
I think they've overplayed that character. People are getting sick of his screen time.

- Beta Quadrant
 -  
So...

Any thoughts on the newest episode?

I thought it was strange how Mohinder is more of a good guy again. How did that happen? He's justifying his actions by saying that keeping Maya gooped to the wall was for her own good?

I wonder if Angela Petrelli really did try drowning baby Sylar. Arthur Petrelli had every motive to lie, but it really does seem like something Angela would do. And, BTW, I don't really believe Sylar jumped sides that quickly.
 -  
Escape Artist wrote:Any thoughts on the newest episode?
It was a bit of a downer. I wasn't wowed. I suppose we did have to get to know Arthur...
Escape Artist wrote:I thought it was strange how Mohinder is more of a good guy again. How did that happen? He's justifying his actions by saying that keeping Maya gooped to the wall was for her own good?
I think it was what Peter said to him about him in the future. It was a bit quick.
Escape Artist wrote:I wonder if Angela Petrelli really did try drowning baby Sylar. Arthur Petrelli had every motive to lie, but it really does seem like something Angela would do. And, BTW, I don't really believe Sylar jumped sides that quickly.
I also think Sylar is "good" right now. His dad can read minds though, so it might be dangerous. Angela is still a big mystery. What does she want? Why did Arthur fake his death? How? What was the plan? Who knew about it?

- Beta Quadrant
 -  
I think Angela's motive is fairly simple right now- she wants to keep the formula from being completed because she saw that it would destroy the world. After all, she and Kaito Nakamura had been keeping the separate halves to the formula secure.

Think about it- there wouldn't be any problem this season if Hiro didn't stupidly open the safe. Well, okay, Arthur probably would have busted into it easily, but it would have taken a bit longer.
North American OP Coordinator
By The Ninja Scot (Michael Van Breemen)
 - North American OP Coordinator
 -  
1E World Quarter-Finalist 2023
2E World Champion 2023
Tribbles World Champion 2022
The Traveler
1E North American Continental Champion 2023
2E North American Continental Champion 2023
  Trek Masters 1E Champion 2024
1E American National Champion 2023
1E Canadian National Champion 2023
2E Canadian National Champion 2023
2E  National Runner-Up 2023
2E American National Second Runner-Up 2023
1E Ferenginar Regional Champion 2024
2E Ferenginar Regional Champion 2024
Escape Artist wrote:So...

Any thoughts on the newest episode?

I thought it was strange how Mohinder is more of a good guy again. How did that happen? He's justifying his actions by saying that keeping Maya gooped to the wall was for her own good?

I wonder if Angela Petrelli really did try drowning baby Sylar. Arthur Petrelli had every motive to lie, but it really does seem like something Angela would do. And, BTW, I don't really believe Sylar jumped sides that quickly.
Mohinder isn't a good person, still isn't and I think he's trying to get back to that now. He was dismissed/denied by Maya twice, he was still going to inject Peter even after Peter tells him what happened to him in the future and let's not forget the head smashing that he gave Syler. He has a long way to come back, especially now.

As far as Angela drowning Syler, it honestly wouldn't surprise me anymore than if Arthur was doing the drowning himself, if in fact it happened. I'm not convinced that it had occurred yet.

Syler's side is to no one yet. He's willing to see each side but in the end, he's going to decide what works best for him, period.

Michael

*dramatic noise* *suspends play* 0KF19 Kaiserfe[…]

Is Sedis a captain?

Not exactly, because that is the ONLY keywor[…]

MN 2024 Gatherings

I'll not make the 27th, unfortunately. I've pencil[…]

I get the MW 80-70....good game.