A place for complete-off-topic conversations that have nothing to do with Star Trek. The rules still apply here, stay civil.

- Beta Quadrant
 -  
I have to say, I don't really like Hugh Jackman as a guy in real life.

I hated him in Someone Like You, and don't even get me started on Kate & Leopold. (I refused to see it.)

But I REALLY liked him as Wolverine in the X-Men trilogy and Gabriel Van Helsing, those movies rocked!

Also Nicole Kidman is an attractive woman, but she's quite skinny and small-breasted. And, too tall!

SO, Dudes from Down Under on this board, wanna talk about this upcoming flick? Or what?

Hey, Stoovie, TBT, LCJK, and other Aussies on this board, how are you doin' "down there" these days!

Wanna hear an Aussie joke? I know that the world won't end today, 'cause it's already tomorrow in Australia!

(har har, yuk yuk!)

Bye for now!

By Iron Mike
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
1E Australian National Runner-Up 2015
2E Australian National Runner-Up 2015
I'm not that fussed about it.

The Australian films I enjoy tend to have the old Late Show alumni in it.

By Iron Mike
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
1E Australian National Runner-Up 2015
2E Australian National Runner-Up 2015
My favourite Australian film is probably Crackerjack. Highlights include the Pete Smith cameo and the Saddam Hussein jokes.

I think that if you wanted a good film, you should give assorted Aussie comedians a bunch of money and equipment with no studio interference.

- Beta Quadrant
 -  
So, let's see if I have this right:

Aussies like their OWN stuff going on in their OWN country that the rest of the world doesn't have a clue about, and couldn't care less about the "Americanized" Aussies!

Is that true?

Or what?

OK, fine. Bye for now, all of you awesome and excellent Down Under dudes!

By TBT (Robert Dawson)
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
2E Australian National Champion 2015
TBT wrote:
Trek Is Cool wrote:So, let's see if I have this right:

Aussies like their OWN stuff going on in their OWN country that the rest of the world doesn't have a clue about, and couldn't care less about the "Americanized" Aussies!

Is that true?
Yep.
I was thinking about this while driving to uni today.

Basically, your saying that your surprised that Australians prefer films made in Australia that are aimed at an Australian audience to those made in America, aimed at an American/Global audience, and happen to have an Australian in them.

- Beta Quadrant
 -  
Basically, your saying that your surprised that Australians prefer films made in Australia that are aimed at an Australian audience to those made in America, aimed at an American/Global audience, and happen to have an Australian in them.
Well, yes, I suppose I did say that.

I meant no offense, however. I'd love to come to Sydney, Melbourne, Canberra, the Great Barrier Reef, and Ayers Rock on a trip someday. that would be cool!

You know what I mean?

I know someone who flew from New York to L.A. to Sydney to Perth, all on Qantas, and loved it. As for me, I don't know oif I could stand flying for that long!

But I would love to come visit Australia someday!

By RemoDav
 - Alpha Quadrant
 -  
Well, I'm not an Aussie, Im an Orggie (?),but I'll sound off anyways.

I like HUge Jack-man in real life or otherwise. And other than Meg Ryans grotesque lips in Kate and Leopold I kinda liked it. As for Nicole she is a little dainty, but there's room in my books for all kinds of female bodies :wink: .

For Aussie films I think Roadwarrior says it all. "Just walk awaye" is a catch phrase in my house. And Moulin Rouge is fabtabulous. I still get giddy thinking about it.

So for better or worse, Im in for AUSTRALIA! I'll drive that tanka'!

Apologies for the delays in the results. They will[…]

MW for doctorjoya over tykajada 35-0. GG! :cheers[…]

The sacred cow in 1E for me is: Not Oversimplifiyi[…]

@Rancour@gmx.de @Gul Dakar Florian gets the F[…]