A place for complete-off-topic conversations that have nothing to do with Star Trek. The rules still apply here, stay civil.

By TBT (Robert Dawson)
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
2E Australian National Champion 2015
I'm interested in how/if the 'companion' for this year's Christmas special, [spoiler]a future version of the doctor, or so it appears[/spoiler], will play into this. I remember reading somewhere the David had told the BBC his decision on whether he would be staying on for series 5 or not some time ago...

By stoovie (Matthyas Kiraly)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Robert, can you put the obligatory "SPOILER" in your subject title. Thank you.

By Corwinamber (Francis Koziolek)
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
Well, I don't really know any of the other actors, being an American fan of the show since Tom Baker. All i know is that this is a show that can change the main actor and continue to be a success.

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
Corwinamber wrote:Well, I don't really know any of the other actors, being an American fan of the show since Tom Baker. All i know is that this is a show that can change the main actor and continue to be a success.
Spot on. As I told TBT when he SMS'd me earlier today about this, while I'm sad to see a great talent like Tennant go, I'm now looking forward to number 11.

By TBT (Robert Dawson)
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
Mogh wrote:I suppose the way River Song's dialogue was written, the 10th Doctor wasn't necessarily the one she travelled with.
Well there was the line "Judging by your face, look's like its early days", implying that she probably met the 10th Doctor, but wouldn't have known him for very long before he regenerated.

By Danny (Daniel Giddings)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
2E British National Runner-Up 2021
There was a segment on this on the BBC Breakfast news show this morning. One of the names they bandied about was James Nesbitt. He gets my :thumbsup: . Anyone see him in Jekyll? Although the show wasn't great, he had this brilliant "borderline bi-polar" quality as though straddling the fine line between genius and madman, something that both Eccleston and Tennant had/have displayed in their incarnations as the Doctor.

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
Rarely do actors scare me, but Nesbitt in Jekyll freaked the bejesus out of me.

By TBT (Robert Dawson)
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
Mogh wrote:but his heart is in the right place.
Don't you mean his hearts? :P

David Tenant could have been the next Tom Baker if he wanted to. I can respect that he'd rather go out with people wanting more than outstay his welcome, or god forbid actually get kicked off the show, like Colin Baker and to some extent Sylvester McCoy.
Is Sedis a captain?

He's already a [Univ] fucking skill hoss (tm)... […]

I don't! Game ain't fun, IMO! But, you're rig[…]

Alpha Argratha

If I have Alpha 5 Approach plus Argratha as […]

Nelvana Trap

Wait ... what? Since when does battle during […]