A place for complete-off-topic conversations that have nothing to do with Star Trek. The rules still apply here, stay civil.

By Honest
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
2E Australian Continental Champion 2019
Hey Guys,

When I was at Gencon 2007 some Trek players where playing/buying it.

1)Is it any good?
2)Is it still being made
3)What is the tournament structure like?

I love Trek 2E but maybe another habit wouldn't go astray

Honest

By whampiri
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
A friend and I were actually looking at getting into it but they had to errata some of the cards from the 1st set about 3 weeks after it came out when they found that 1 character was uber. that = bad playtesting imo and we decided there and then to avoid it altogether.
Second Edition Design Manager
By The Guardian (Richard New)
 - Second Edition Design Manager
 -  
2E North American Continental Quarter-Finalist 2023
I personally like the idea of the game, but it seems to be in the stage that Trek 2E was around the first couple of sets. There are specific decks that are unbeatable. (Like Klingon Riker decks... At the beginning of Stargate, it was Jack decks. Now, it's Ori decks.) I imagine they'll balance everything out if they have enough time to work out the kinks.

- Gamma Quadrant
 -  
The Guardian wrote:I personally like the idea of the game, but it seems to be in the stage that Trek 2E was around the first couple of sets. There are specific decks that are unbeatable. (Like Klingon Riker decks... At the beginning of Stargate, it was Jack decks. Now, it's Ori decks.) I imagine they'll balance everything out if they have enough time to work out the kinks.
There are a couple of us here in MN who play it very irregularly and we all like it a lot but Guardian is right - the game is in that stage where there are two decks that just dominate all others - the CSI deck and the Ori 24 deck.

The game though is a lot of fun to play casually if everyone agrees to us just play it as such.

- Beta Quadrant
 -  
I have some of the cards, just to collect them. I check their message boards once in a while and they are not updated and the last news update on the homepage was from July. I'm generally leaning toward the fact that the game is history. Really was about 6 years too late onto the CCG scene to even make a splash.

By Honest
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
2E Australian Continental Champion 2019
Yep, thats what I was thinking. The forums seemed pretty quiet and there wasn't much buzz around the home page.

If it is history, I'll wait 6 months then buy some packs cheap. If its not, thats cool, I'll let the game grow for 6 months then see what the scene is like.

It would be hard pressed to beat Trek anyway

Cheers

Honest
Capturing Related

Maybe add the [Pun] icon to the proposed definitio[…]

*dramatic noise* *suspends play* 0KF19 Kaiserfe[…]

Is Sedis a captain?

Not exactly, because that is the ONLY keywor[…]

MN 2024 Gatherings

I'll not make the 27th, unfortunately. I've pencil[…]