A place for complete-off-topic conversations that have nothing to do with Star Trek. The rules still apply here, stay civil.

- Alpha Quadrant
 -  
Greetings all,

Hey Stoovie and the rest of you chaps who were down here for the Continentals, no idea where to drop this thread so dumping it here. Just a general shout out wishing everyone the best and announcing my wonderful return to the game on the conclusion of next week thanks to the end of semester and final exams coming to an end!

What's been happening for the past 5 months hereabouts and with the game? Has anyone suddenly ascended to a higher existence? Anyone done something heroically stupid? In short, what have I missed.

Nothing special here, playing deaad frontier online (http://www.deadfrontier.com) and havinga blast with it, and justr getting through this semester. Oh might be moving out in holidays, hopefully.

Cheerio for now, an exam awaits on the morrow,

Von Luthius.

By TBT (Robert Dawson)
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
2E Australian National Champion 2015
Hey

Not sure about the Sydney group, but the Perth group is kinda hibernating right now. We stopped tournaments about a month or two ago because most of us had exams. We've just finished those, now Matthyas is going overseas and Matt (the guy who didn't go to Sydney) is flying to Melbourne for three months. Also, none of us have heard from Pat since Sydney, including Matthyas, who still has Pat's video camera!

We do, however. plan to start stuff up again in February next year.

Btw, the Australian stccg site is TrekAustralia.net if you forgot/didn't know in the first place.

Matthyas and I are in the process of creating a few dream card sets for some strictly-off-the-record-just-for-fun tournaments. If your a fan of Doctor Who and/or Stargate you'll want to check them out. You'll find them in the appropriate forum on TrekAustralia (note that one of the two dream card boards on TrekAustralia is actually a link to the dream card board on this forum.

Hope to see you at the 2009 Continentals :D

By Honest
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
2E Australian Continental Champion 2019
Hey TBT,

I think the WA Trek community should move over to Sydney. We have fortnightly events, and with the extra 5 players, the events would be 10-15 goobers each time :)

Start saving for the 2009 World Champs!

Honest

By TBT (Robert Dawson)
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
2E Australian National Champion 2015
Honest wrote:Hey TBT,

I think the WA Trek community should move over to Sydney. We have fortnightly events, and with the extra 5 players, the events would be 10-15 goobers each time :)

Honest

Tempting, but I think that the 3200 km commute might be a bit of a problem if done on a fortnightly basis.
North American OP Coordinator
By The Ninja Scot (Michael Van Breemen)
 - North American OP Coordinator
 -  
1E World Quarter-Finalist 2023
2E World Champion 2023
Tribbles World Champion 2022
The Traveler
1E North American Continental Champion 2023
2E North American Continental Champion 2023
  Trek Masters 1E Champion 2024
1E American National Champion 2023
1E Canadian National Champion 2023
2E Canadian National Champion 2023
2E  National Runner-Up 2023
2E American National Second Runner-Up 2023
1E Ferenginar Regional Champion 2024
2E Ferenginar Regional Champion 2024
TBT wrote:
Honest wrote:Hey TBT,

Honest

Tempting, but I think that the 3200 km commute might be a bit of a problem if done on a fortnightly basis.
I would assume that there are flights daily to and from each location. The trick is to get them to let you fly for free each way.

Michael,
Who's working on getting around that same problem since it's hard to get paid as a professional traveler.

By Danny (Daniel Giddings)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
2E British National Runner-Up 2021
You could always get a job as cabin crew. That way you'd actually get paid to travel. :)

Danny gets the FW against Tjark - 100 - 35 Good t[…]

Back from the old days, pre-errata Visit Cochrane[…]

@VictoryIsLife FW @jadziadax8 100-0

2024 1E Michigan Regional

If there's interest I can run & play 2E after.[…]