A place for complete-off-topic conversations that have nothing to do with Star Trek. The rules still apply here, stay civil.

- Beta Quadrant
 -  
There's too many coherent threads on this forum and I resent that!

Here's how to play. Open Wikipedia. Click on random article, and rant on the topic. Bonus points for somehow linking your rant to Star Trek.

*Disclaimer: This is just a fun game and no malice is intended. And the more reticules your rant the better.

I'll go first. I got 'Hoehyeon Station'.
Typical Japan! How are we ever going to all combine and seek out new life and civilizations under one banner and culture if Japan keeps using it's strange language that no one but they can understand!?

We need to become more like the Federation before it's too late and the Vulcans come to earth, see us all speaking gibberish, and just leave! Japan's people can be so selfish some times... it just makes me SO ANGRY! We should all petition them to change their new Station's name to something we can understand. A good American name like George. Yes, George Station will make the transition towards a single culture ready to make their way out to the stars under the watchful eyes of the non-canon Temporal Agents.

Come on people! Was the Enterprise ever named the U.S.S. Tenchu?! I don't think so!
So there we go. A barely coherent rant on a random topic as chosen by Wikipedia. Let off steam and have some fun. Who's up next?

PS. Trek Is Cool, though you hate my guts for my age and intelligence, I'd love for you to join in on this.

- Beta Quadrant
 -  
United Cattle Products
Seriously... A restaurant chain that sells only tripe!?!?! No wonder why it went out of business (I'm guessing it went out of business, though this article is so pathetically vague I can't even tell)! And what a terrible name for a restaurant. CATTLE PRODUCTS? Heck, I would have thought that they'd sell cow feed or farming supplies. Or even leather- that's a cattle product, isn't it?!?!?! What were they thinking?
(No bonus Trek points for me, but this is more or less my first rant ever, so I'm getting into the rhythm)
Second Edition Design Manager
By The Guardian (Richard New)
 - Second Edition Design Manager
 -  
2E North American Continental Quarter-Finalist 2023
Mohan Ranade

Freedom Fighter? I don't trust anyone who wants to be like Chakotay. He also seems to steal the whole Indian thing from Chakotay. And I know what all of your freaks out there are going to say! You're going to get down on me over the wrong definition of "Indian" or the time period in which this guy lived. Well, first off, Stupid (yes, I called your doubting @$$ stupid!), ever heard of the Temporal Prime Directive? Thought so! So shut your dumb mouth! As far as him being the wrong kind of Indian, why do you think it's the same word? 'Cause it is! Do you even listen to yourself? I can't believe I have to explain this to you.

Anyway, go talk to your animal planet!

- Alpha Quadrant
 -  
PS. Trek Is Cool, though you hate my guts for my age and intelligence, I'd love for you to join in on this.
I'm "FEF" now. And I don't want to have any part of this.

I rant when I want, about what I want, thank you very much.

That's about it from me for now.

- Beta Quadrant
 -  
Ye should post those rants in the discussion section of the articles ye write about.

- Beta Quadrant
 -  
Thanatos_elNyx wrote:Ye should post those rants in the discussion section of the articles ye write about.
I wonder if that's a banable offense... lol

Keep the rants coming! I'll do another one in a day or so. ;p

- Beta Quadrant
 -  
The Guardian wrote:
Thanatos_elNyx wrote:Ye should post those rants in the discussion section of the articles ye write about.
Robots don't say "ye"!
What robots?

And if there were Irish robots they would definately say "ye".
Second Edition Design Manager
By The Guardian (Richard New)
 - Second Edition Design Manager
 -  
2E North American Continental Quarter-Finalist 2023
Thanatos_elNyx wrote:
The Guardian wrote:
Robots don't say "ye"!
What robots?

And if there were Irish robots they would definately say "ye".
Sorry. I was making a refernce to Futurama.

- Beta Quadrant
 -  
Push-Pull Configuration
What a lousy design! Propellers in all directions... Who designed this, the KAZON!??! Real engineers know that in order to get anywhere at all, you need a deflector dish, which this design is sorely lacking. Perhaps this would be cool if the plane could separate into two sections in midair, because the engine configuration might allow for that, but NO. Instead we end up with a lame prehistorical flying piece of garbage.

- Beta Quadrant
 -  
Herbert Walther
That's it! The dream is over! Now that Herbert has died, and after only finishing 600 of his 1200 papers once hinted at existing in Star Trek lore. Without his works on physics for Cochran to base his works off of we'll never get into space! IT'S ALL POINTLESS NOW. We'll never get to become Saint Roddenberry's dream civilization now. There's no point in watching Star Trek anymore... We should all flood the board with threads for a moment of silence, lest we all forget what we have lost here today (in 2006, but I only found out today, so today.) *Says a prayer for the dead*

That is intended. A cure dilemma ALWAYS has its […]

Likely I should be able to attend. Just need the d[…]

Nelvana Trap

Wait ... what? Since when does battle during […]

Thanks all. I have my handle as my name, I didn&rs[…]