A place for complete-off-topic conversations that have nothing to do with Star Trek. The rules still apply here, stay civil.
  • 280 posts

By vlasopes
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
2E Czech National Champion 2011
Fritzinger wrote:Gen Con coverage was so terrible that I had to find out that our own GooeyChewie made Top 32 through a random top 16 report. Well done GC!
Speaking of problems with FFG, the european events such as SC, Regionals and prize support in general have received very low attention from the FFG. There are plenty of stores that have applied for a SC but they have not received any answer during the last 12 months, not to mention that without FB we would hardly know about other EU events (read SC for example). I never thought I would say that but the old mighty Decipher had much better tournament support than FFG. But nothing can compare to our TCC. How I miss it when it comes to information about the game and events.

- Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
vlasopes wrote:
Fritzinger wrote:Gen Con coverage was so terrible that I had to find out that our own GooeyChewie made Top 32 through a random top 16 report. Well done GC!
Speaking of problems with FFG, the european events such as SC, Regionals and prize support in general have received very low attention from the FFG. There are plenty of stores that have applied for a SC but they have not received any answer during the last 12 months, not to mention that without FB we would hardly know about other EU events (read SC for example). I never thought I would say that but the old mighty Decipher had much better tournament support than FFG. But nothing can compare to our TCC. How I miss it when it comes to information about the game and events.
Hear hear. I've been in the ear of our own caleb grace about prodding his bosses about better op at ffg but there's only so much he can do.

By vlasopes
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Hoss-Drone wrote:
Hear hear. I've been in the ear of our own caleb grace about prodding his bosses about better op at ffg but there's only so much he can do.
That would be great, looking forward to it.

By vlasopes
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
A decklist that I used yesterday at the SC in Poland, Bielsko Bela. 13 players, 4 czech players, three of whom made it into the TOP 4, and the rest of the field were locals. I huge diversity in decks. I decided to take my old trusted Kylo deck in advance but as you are aware I was not sure about his partner. After some intensive testing I took eSnoke to abuse Rise agains. And With the exception of the last game I was able to play Rise Again once or even twice per game. The deck is very consistent and can deal a huge amount of damage in the first two turns.

I made 4:0 in SWISS
1:0 - Wedge, eRose, Hired gun hero vehicles - first turn kill Rose, second hired gun, game went to time with Wedge having 1 HP left
2:0 - eRex, Maz, Clone trooper - aggro range deck, Maz Killed in the second turn, Clone trooper in the third and Rex in the next.
3:0 - 2x Padawan, ePlo Koon - 7 shields in the first turn with 3 weapons, but due to vibroknife his shields were useless
4:0 - eHondo, eYoda - three turns to finally kill yoda and then Hondo had no chance. Many shields, mitigations etc. but the decisive card was vibroknife that helped me get rid off Yoda with three shields on him.

TOP 4 decks - eSnoke eKylo (mine), eHondo eYoda, eOldLuke eEzra BtL, eTalzin +2x commando. Unfortunatelly I got paired with the latter deck which was the exact copy of the deck that had been used by Jordan, the runner up at the Gen Con convention. I think the only change was LL30 for some mitigation.

I made 1:2 and was eliminated by the sunsequent SC winner. First game was very close but I lost, in the second game ALL in killed Talzin and the game was over and in the third everything went just horribly. Bad opening hand, bad mulligan, bad rolls, his good rolls, I was one resource short of Rise again etc.

Overall, the deck is a pretty good aggro deck for the meta, where MILL decks are dominant or at least strong enough to make in to top cut. That is the reason of 2 vibroknife instead of Shoto. After the event I would change Sound the Alarm and probably mind trick for 2x Feel Your Anger. The latter would have been great against the Talzin Commando deck in which my opponent usually rolled 1-2x blanks before rerolling, and to a certain degree against vehicles. Otherwise I was pretty happy with the performance of the deck. I would probably not last very long against the Kevin's deck above this post as it has a great survivability. But as I said, the deck was built to counter certain decks and to be competitve against others or most of the commonly used decks at this moment.

Ambassador
 - Ambassador
 -  
vlasopes wrote: There are plenty of stores that have applied for a SC but they have not received any answer during the last 12 months
Wow, that sounds worse than we have it in Africa. I think everyone who wants it gets a store champs. Buuuut the real question is why would you want to pay for an overpriced kit that has nothing good in it. The money would be much better spent dollar for dollar on packs IMO.

I think maybe they are stuck in LCG mentality where everyone has everything so you make random Alternate Image cards as prizes for people to collect. Packs are a much better prize for collectable games.

By vlasopes
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Fritzinger wrote:
Wow, that sounds worse than we have it in Africa. I think everyone who wants it gets a store champs. Buuuut the real question is why would you want to pay for an overpriced kit that has nothing good in it. The money would be much better spent dollar for dollar on packs .
Unless you already have playsets of all the cards you need.
Ambassador
 - Ambassador
 -  
vlasopes wrote:
Fritzinger wrote:
Wow, that sounds worse than we have it in Africa. I think everyone who wants it gets a store champs. Buuuut the real question is why would you want to pay for an overpriced kit that has nothing good in it. The money would be much better spent dollar for dollar on packs .
Unless you already have playsets of all the cards you need.
Right now I have 1 Yoda, 1 Cassian, 1 hailfire and no Snoke. No singles stores have these in stock. And our post is too unreliable to handle 200$ in cards and dice from trades or overseas stores :/.

Our community needs more packs opened :l

- Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Took 3rd again this weekend in our last regional store championship.

This is what I played. It was fun. My only loss was by a single action when my opp rolled out and had only 1 darksaber die with a fast hands that could get him the win and it did. I just had to activate climate array as my action. Oh well.

I liked the grand Moffat > finalizer > bubble shield/ other support tech. Did some work.

So final tally - 3 store champs attended, 3 top 3 placing with one 1st placing.

http://swdestinydb.com/decklist/view/23 ... hraree-2.0

By vlasopes
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Hoss-Drone wrote:Took 3rd again this weekend in our last regional store championship.

This is what I played. It was fun. My only loss was by a single action when my opp rolled out and had only 1 darksaber die with a fast hands that could get him the win and it did. I just had to activate climate array as my action. Oh well.

I liked the grand Moffat > finalizer > bubble shield/ other support tech. Did some work.

So final tally - 3 store champs attended, 3 top 3 placing with one 1st placing.

http://swdestinydb.com/decklist/view/23 ... hraree-2.0
That is a very nice accomplishment :thumbsup: congrats on such a performance.
Ambassador
 - Ambassador
 -  
Played my first store champs with a mother mando mando deck (netdecked from gen con). I went 2-2 but hell’s bells things were close. In my 3rd game I was about to resolve the winning damage against Thrawn snoke when he scorched earth me for 6. I had a different character with fewer dice that I could’ve rolled :/... Although I did get lucky with random discards that killed his dark rituals. That player ended up winning the event.

The only deck that I felt like I had no chance against was Rose Jedha Jedha. I discarded force illusions etc because why would I need them against mill? But then the vehicles started running and he beat me on damage :o . Going to have to practice that matchup.

By vlasopes
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Fritzinger wrote:Played my first store champs with a mother mando mando deck (netdecked from gen con). I went 2-2 but hell’s bells things were close. In my 3rd game I was about to resolve the winning damage against Thrawn snoke when he scorched earth me for 6. I had a different character with fewer dice that I could’ve rolled :/... Although I did get lucky with random discards that killed his dark rituals. That player ended up winning the event.

The only deck that I felt like I had no chance against was Rose Jedha Jedha. I discarded force illusions etc because why would I need them against mill? But then the vehicles started running and he beat me on damage :o . Going to have to practice that matchup.
eRose / 1x Jedha + Long-Term Plan is a pretty good deck in the right hands. During the last small tournament on tuesday I lost 2:1 in the finals with my eKylo2 / eSnoke. Within the first 4 turns I lost 10 cards from the top of the deck via Jedha and Anakins podracer, therefore making my illusions not usable. Since the turn 3 I also regularly lost 3 cards from hand per turn.

By vlasopes
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Has anyone tried any programs for online playing? I am willing to give it a shot but would love to hear some feedback before I do.
Thank you

- Gamma Quadrant
 -  
vlasopes wrote:Has anyone tried any programs for online playing? I am willing to give it a shot but would love to hear some feedback before I do.
Thank you
I play on table top simulator somewhat often. I like it a lot.

By vlasopes
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Hoss-Drone wrote:
vlasopes wrote:Has anyone tried any programs for online playing? I am willing to give it a shot but would love to hear some feedback before I do.
Thank you
I play on table top simulator somewhat often. I like it a lot.
I have been thinking about giving this one a shot. How often is the card-database updated and once I pay the entry fee do I get a full access to all SWD cards/decks and no other fees are requiered?
Thank you for all the info.
HumQ: Pick of the Tribbles

It's Wednesday! We're more than halfway through th[…]

I guess we should have done "What can we […]

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

Happy birthday to another one of my homies, @seve[…]

Jared FW Kris 100-35