A place for complete-off-topic conversations that have nothing to do with Star Trek. The rules still apply here, stay civil.
  • 280 posts
Ambassador
 - Ambassador
 -  
vlasopes wrote: I have been thinking about giving this one a shot. How often is the card-database updated and once I pay the entry fee do I get a full access to all SWD cards/decks and no other fees are requiered?
Thank you for all the info.
It's a lot like a Lackey that you pay for. Pay for the thing that simulates a general gaming environment, then install a free community-maintained plugin for destiny.

By vlasopes
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
2E Czech National Champion 2011
Has anyone heard anything concerning the release date? A few days ago I came across a store offering the newest sets preorders and to my surprise the release day should be a week from now.
Ambassador
By bosskamiura (Thomas Kamiura)
 - Ambassador
 -  
Community Contributor
11/8 I believe.

TK

By vlasopes
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
bosskamiura wrote:11/8 I believe.

TK
I was afraid someone would say that and confirm the release date. Thanx anyway. I would love to see the newest set out in december.

By HoodieDM
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
vlasopes wrote:
bosskamiura wrote:11/8 I believe.

TK
I was afraid someone would say that and confirm the release date. Thanx anyway. I would love to see the newest set out in december.
They're going to want it to be available for the Holiday season.

I'm super excited for Vader3!!

~D
Ambassador
 - Ambassador
 -  
HoodieDM wrote: I'm super excited for Vader3!!
~D
I can't play much destiny until next year so I'm hoping I can get by with a minimum of singles on this set. Maybe just play my OG Palp and my Thrawn decks for as long as I can before rotation

Super excited for Retribution (the plot that punishes them for removing dice) and Theed Palace in my OG Palp.

By HoodieDM
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Fritzinger wrote: Super excited for Retribution (the plot that punishes them for removing dice) and Theed Palace in my OG Palp.
Yep!! Looks like some good cards to help some older cards before they rotate out officially!

~D

By vlasopes
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
What are your thoughts on the newest set, guys? IMHO it seems to be the weakest within the block, not to mention that several players in my area want to quit the game within the next few months because of the rotation. IMHO what is killing this game are the legendaries, not the upcoming rotation. Legendaries make this game unfriendly for the new-comers and too costly for the rest of us imho, not to mention the first turn kill deck etc. I am pretty sure ATG was the last set I bought as the game wont survive long imho. I have got a feeling that the upcoming block will be the last.
Interesting 2 threads regarding the issue - https://community.fantasyflightgames.co ... unity-why/

https://community.fantasyflightgames.co ... r-destiny/

By HoodieDM
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
#1 rotation is healthy for the game, but I think 2 years for Destiny is too quick. I think it should be 3 and stated that at the beginning, but sympathize with your friends. Ill have a lot of money "lost" if Infinite format isnt popular.

#2 speaking of Infinite Format, you can continue to play that as its a legal format. Just anything higher than a Store Championship has to be Standard.

#3 the set is fine, seems fun, but I agree, the cards are expensive as singles. Youre almost better off buying a box and trading for the stuff you want. But most of the cards after 2 months take a dip. Only a few will continue to stay at value. Most likely the Vader and his LS. Rest will be cheap.

#4 If you havent already, pick 1 or 2 decks and just focus on that. Much easier and cheaper than trying to collect everything. I went from everything Year 1 to mono blue Year 2 to now just going to focus on 1 deck (Sabine + whatever, prob blue). If during rotation a new Sabine isnt introduced with the next set, then Ill just play Infinite until she does.

#5 Draft is truly the best format. Or play an intro league. Its cheaper to pay $20 (assuming not inc the 1 time draft kit) every other week than it is to buy boxes and boxes. $520 for 26 weeks of fun is good stuff IMO and cheapest route.

~D

By vlasopes
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Having played today at the first event after the release of the AtG with my old trusted eKylo eSnoke making 4:0 I find especially intriguing eJyn eCassian deck. It seems to me a pretty good mix of mill and range damage deck. Would love to know your opinions, guys. I am having the Nationals within two weeks and not sure what to play? any suggestions? :D

- Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
New jyn cassian might be well positioned in the early meta and I would recommend staying with it.

1. It's aggro. Aggro always does well early in a new meta.
2. It's got discard sides and mill off the deck to deal with the otk combo decks.
3. Hyper jump and retreat to deal with vehicles.
4. Its reliable. I've played some test games with my version that has performed well in games even after playing 0 upgrades.
5. Other then new jyn and 1 copy of her blaster, you don't need any of the new set legendaries or even rares. So it's a cheap "new option"

For the record though I love this new set and think it's got awesome cards in every rarity group. Armored reinforcement + system gauge is a solid use of new cheap stuff in established decks. Right now i'm working on snoke/wulf yularen midrange as a meta option if jyn cassian isn't able to handle the early meta.

http://swdestinydb.com/decklist/view/24 ... reaker-1.0

By vlasopes
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
I have got a Q regarding DEFEND and I dont want to go public with it because I am having NATIONALS tomorrow.
Does Defend remove Vaders' (TtB) dice without actually being able to bring them back via his power action because of the AMBUSH keyword? In other words, I play Defend, take ambush action and do whatever and then my opponent does or does not have the ability to use Vader's power action?

If that assumption is correct, then essentially any card that gives two actions (Force speed to name one) could prevent Vader from using his ability to get a die (or even both) back, whcih seems to be pretty powerful, not to mention that DEFEND speaks about taking next action and that is I guess not the same keyword as last turn this round?

SO?

Thank you
Last edited by vlasopes on Fri Nov 30, 2018 11:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

By HoodieDM
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
vlasopes wrote:I have got a Q regarding DEFEND and I dont want to go public with it because I am having NATIONALS tomorrow.
Does Defend remove Vaders' (TtB) dice without actually being able to bring them back via his power action because of the AMBUSH keyword? In other words, I play Defend, take ambush action and do whatever and then my opponent does or does not have the ability to use Vader's power action?

If that assumption is correct, then essentially any card that gives two actions (Force speed to name one) could prevent Vader from using his ability to get a die (or even both) back, whcih seems to be pretty powerful, not to mention that DEFEND speaks about taking next action and that is I guess not the same keyword as round?

SO?

Thank you
Vaders power action says "opponents last turn"...last turn means any number of actions you just took. So lets say you removed 1 dice and ambushed to draw a card. He rerolls 1 dice. If you removed 1 dice and then ambushed to remove another 1 die. He rerolls 2 dice. Turn = infinite # of actions in a row.

Had it said "opponents last action" then youd of been correct because your 1st action would have been to remove 1 dice but 2nd action could have been to draw a card, therefore it wouldnt be your "last action."

~D

By vlasopes
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
HoodieDM wrote:
vlasopes wrote:I have got a Q regarding DEFEND and I dont want to go public with it because I am having NATIONALS tomorrow.

If that assumption is correct, then essentially any card that gives two actions (Force speed to name one) could prevent Vader from using his ability to get a die (or even both) back, whcih seems to be pretty powerful, not to mention that DEFEND speaks about taking next action and that is I guess not the same keyword as round?

SO?

Thank you
Vaders power action says "opponents last turn"...last turn means any number of actions you just took. So lets say you removed 1 dice and ambushed to draw a card. He rerolls 1 dice. If you removed 1 dice and then ambushed to remove another 1 die. He rerolls 2 dice. Turn = infinite # of actions in a row.

Had it said "opponents last action" then youd of been correct because your 1st action would have been to remove 1 dice but 2nd action could have been to draw a card, therefore it wouldnt be your "last action."

~D
Thank you , I somehow had a feeling that this would be the case. Nevertheless, what are the best ways in mono blue villain (Snoke / Kylo2) to get rid of Vaders' dice.

I have been thinking about Makashi (but that does not solve anything, he could it bring it back), getting rid of his hand via CQA so that he runs out of cards for rerolling, killing in round 1 a support character to turn off leadership/the price of failure, defend to get rid of both his dice and 1 or 2 upgrades so that I can deal with the vaders dice only, Snare, Stifle to at least slow him down a bit and force him to get rid off any other event before using the price of failure and/or Leadership.
Does any one have any more Pro-Tips.
Thank you

By HoodieDM
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
vlasopes wrote: Thank you , I somehow had a feeling that this would be the case. Nevertheless, what are the best ways in mono blue villain (Snoke / Kylo2) to get rid of Vaders' dice.

I have been thinking about Makashi (but that does not solve anything, he could it bring it back), getting rid of his hand via CQA so that he runs out of cards for rerolling, killing in round 1 a support character to turn off leadership/the price of failure, defend to get rid of both his dice and 1 or 2 upgrades so that I can deal with the vaders dice only, Snare, Stifle to at least slow him down a bit and force him to get rid off any other event before using the price of failure and/or Leadership.
Does any one have any more Pro-Tips.
Thank you
Cards that turn the dice to blank sides, or making sure Vader doesn't have resources. If you do those 2 things, then he has a harder time resolving 4 dmg sides and staying alive.

~D
1EFQ: Game of two halves

Honestly, I don’t think I’ve re[…]

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

Happy birthday to @Takket ! :D :thumbsup: […]

Opponents turn

Remodulation