A place for complete-off-topic conversations that have nothing to do with Star Trek. The rules still apply here, stay civil.
  • 280 posts
Ambassador
 - Ambassador
 -  
bosskamiura wrote:I think at this point, only MTG can get away with rotation because it's become a cultural thing for the game at this point. It's been around for years with people barely starting to pick the game up now and already accepting it as a thing.

Not sure if I'm making sense here.

TK
I think everyone here is good with rotation. And new players are holding off buying until the new set arrives.

Personally I think I'll keep some infinite decks and also play a lot of sealed.

By HoodieDM
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
It just becomes a thing of understanding you cant have every card unless youre willing to spend $500+ every set. I enjoy a quick pick me up game but competively I just havent had an itch since GenCon last year.

I do like some of the new cards, but I think theyre introducing too many new types with too little of a cardpool.

~D

By vlasopes
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
2E Czech National Champion 2011
HoodieDM wrote:It just becomes a thing of understanding you cant have every card unless youre willing to spend $500+ every set. I enjoy a quick pick me up game but competively I just havent had an itch since GenCon last year.

I do like some of the new cards, but I think theyre introducing too many new types with too little of a cardpool.

~D
Has anyone also noticed how focus seems to be popular among the newest characters?

By HoodieDM
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
vlasopes wrote: Has anyone also noticed how focus seems to be popular among the newest characters?
What are you referring to? A few keywords?

~D

By vlasopes
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
HoodieDM wrote:
vlasopes wrote: Has anyone also noticed how focus seems to be popular among the newest characters?
What are you referring to? A few keywords?

~D
I am referring to the characters and many other cards from the upcoming set that have at least one focus side. Obi-Wan, Palpatine, Grievous, Phasma, Mace Windu - all of them have 2 focus. And several other cards from the upcoming set have 1 focus.

- Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
There's def been more focus sides, but there is way less anguish and action cheating. So my card designer intuition is that it's direct reasoning is to provide means against control decks.

By vlasopes
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
So, fellow trek players, what are your opinions on the newest set?
The release party took place here in Prag on sunday and only 5 people did show up for the event and with the exception of the shop's owner, who has been selling SWD singles, the other 4 players have bought so far between nothing to one Box + some singles.
I, for one, have not bought a single box, even though there are several good cards I would love put my hands on. The shop owner predicts at least 50% drop in sales regarding the SWD stuff in comparation with the last set (Across the Glaxy), which was like 30% drop from the previous ones. In late autumn we had for nationals 50 players, most of whom came from my country.
The game is basically dying here in Prague. Not sure about other places in my country, but the regular turnout at locals has decreased to 3 players in late february, in march there were only 2 of us, both not willing to buy any new stuff.
Ambassador
By bosskamiura (Thomas Kamiura)
 - Ambassador
 -  
Community Contributor
I blame rotation.

TK

- Gamma Quadrant
 -  
I blame nerds being nerds and always getting distracted by the new shiny. (Ie new games). Keyforge was SO HOT .... ...and now nobody plays it locally.
First Edition Rules Master
 - First Edition Rules Master
 -  
Community Contributor
Fritzinger wrote:I figured out how to make this game work for me. Draft and pay for others to draft (I keep the cards) then top off with singles. Much cheaper than boxes.
In this modern world of easy online sales, cracking packs is really becoming a sucker's game, even for collectors. I kinda miss it. :(

By vlasopes
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
AllenGould wrote:
Fritzinger wrote:I figured out how to make this game work for me. Draft and pay for others to draft (I keep the cards) then top off with singles. Much cheaper than boxes.
In this modern world of easy online sales, cracking packs is really becoming a sucker's game, even for collectors. I kinda miss it. :(
Not everywhere I would say, I for one, would love to get several singles but the shipping is usually very high, not to mention taxes and customs if you buy more stuff.
Ambassador
 - Ambassador
 -  
vlasopes wrote: Not everywhere I would say, I for one, would love to get several singles but the shipping is usually very high, not to mention taxes and customs if you buy more stuff.
Oh, I forgot to mention the most important part for me: work colleagues who travel regularly between here and the UK. So suddenly my singles options are as good as if I were living in London.

By HoodieDM
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
The new holocron is out and I love the new point costs on old Awakenings for Infinite. Makes things much more fun!!

~D

- Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Shout out:

Anybody else coming to worlds? Our SD crew is gonna be there, we got our main event tix for the sat 1b heat. We plan on doing side events wed afternoon and all day Thursday and Friday if anyone wants to join us.
NE Oklahoma, SE Kansas?

Awww, shucks! Glad you’re in a bigger area.[…]

I didn't want to knock anyone's choice while votin[…]

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

Happy birthday to @Stefan Manz !

Good mornin' lad (ie) s, just got me thinking: […]