A place for complete-off-topic conversations that have nothing to do with Star Trek. The rules still apply here, stay civil.
  • 280 posts

By vlasopes
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
2E Czech National Champion 2011
Thank you :wink:

I am looking for couple of cards. Especially 2x Umbaran Hover Tank, 2x Cassian, 1x Cannon handheld, 1x Han, 1x Lando, 2x Rex Blaster.

Willing to buy for a reasonable price or trade for other legendaries across sets. I have got also all the Nationals prize items for trade or sell.

Let me know please via PM, thank you.

Edited ...

By HoodieDM
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
New Holocrons. Biggest surprise for me was Snoke 12/14. While I'm not upset, it just shocks me that he got "nerfed" but Yoda then didn't...

~D

By vlasopes
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
HoodieDM wrote:New Holocrons. Biggest surprise for me was Snoke 12/14. While I'm not upset, it just shocks me that he got "nerfed" but Yoda then didn't...

~D
There were some rumors regarding the possible erratum of Snoke for some time, therefore it is not surprising for me. But whether I am in support of this change, that is however a completely different thing. I am glad that they had not issued the erratum 2 weeks ago right before our Nationals. That would have been harsh.

As for the erratum itself, a great deal of villain vehicles decks have been brought down, not only the overpopular Snoke/Thrawn, but also Droid, Aphra, Snoke or Kylo/Snoke deck. In the case of the latter two decks, I would say that they are victims of collateral damages. For a while I expect there will be abundance of Yoda based decks - especially with Boushh or QGJ. And some mill decks. And specially the latter is the one I have never liked.

Yet, there are cards that have not been targeted by the errata. Vader's Fist is one of those overpowered cards. It is striking, that they have not done anything regarding the cost at least.

As far as the OTK decks are concerned, I have no problem here.

- Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
Well, I top 4'd omaha regional with Vader greedo. In the semi final best of 1, i lost when my opp had to double impulsive to roll out AND flip to 8 damage to kill Vader before I killed him with lethal on the board. .

Frack!

By vlasopes
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Hoss-Drone wrote:Well, I top 4'd omaha regional with Vader greedo. In the semi final best of 1, i lost when my opp had to double impulsive to roll out AND flip to 8 damage to kill Vader before I killed him with lethal on the board. .

Frack!
I played eVader / Greedo yesterday at locals with an impressive score 9:2, losing only to Yoda / Boushh in a game where everything went wrong since the beginning - losing the roll against them, rolling really cold dice during the entire game - like 3 blanks on Vader and his saber, reroll for shields, resources and + 2 etc.
And my second loss was to Han Qi'ra after my opponent had a miracle round 2 in which he managed to pull out Never Tell Me the Odds with Ambush.

By vlasopes
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Several weeks ago before the Nationals I wanted to know your oppinion, guys, on new Vader and ways how to beat him. Now I wonder, given his indisputable power in the current meta, what are the ways to counter him that you have found the most appropriate.

I am having a regional 2 weeks from now and Vader Greedo is the deck that I am going to use, unless something unexpected happens (like errata). I have been thinking about using wantom destruction or double cross in my own Vader deck. Would that be good? The other possibility is Coercion but I have never been fond of this card.

Thank you
Vlad

By HoodieDM
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
You could run Kit Fisto & Aayla. Use her dice to keep blanks on Vader. And Kit can at least protect himself with his dice later in game if needed.

~D

By vlasopes
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Hoss-Drone wrote:What's this I'm hearing about cheating at the San Diego regional?
You mean the Artificary article?
Last edited by vlasopes on Sun Jan 20, 2019 10:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nelvana Trap

Wait ... what? Since when does battle during a […]

@Brad are you Brad Snyder?

That is intended. A cure dilemma ALWAYS has its ef[…]

Capturing Related

Thank you for the explanation. It's speculative, b[…]