A place for complete-off-topic conversations that have nothing to do with Star Trek. The rules still apply here, stay civil.
  • 140 posts
First Edition Rules Master
 - First Edition Rules Master
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
Community Contributor
Dukat wrote:What is MTG Arena? o.O
https://magic.wizards.com/en/mtgarena

It's their Hearthstone-like Free-To-Play version of Magic that's in closed-ish? beta right now.
Director of Communications
By OKCoyote (Daniel Matteson)
 - Director of Communications
 -  
1E North American Continental Quarter-Finalist 2023
I'm playing Arena, but not a lot, and certainly not putting any money into it.
 -  
Community Contributor
OKCoyote wrote:I'm playing Arena, but not a lot, and certainly not putting any money into it.
I'm mostly keeping up to date on the dailies for free coin, and I had enough to do a couple drafts last weekend (and was harshly reminded that I am rubbish at draft). I'm... slightly tempted to put a few bucks into it, but haven't pulled the trigger yet.

By nobthehobbit (Daniel Pareja)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
AllenGould wrote:
Pazuzu wrote:Some playsets are really expensive...
That's why I'm Casual and Commander - if I want to get something expensive, at least I only need one. :)

But I did splurge for a playmat for the first time, partly because the art has always spoken to me, and partly because it was a charity fundraiser:
https://www.originalmagicart.store/coll ... or-charity
I have a few Grand Prix playmats (side events when it was in town), but I would have kicked myself if I'd missed this because I wasn't following Mark Rosewater's Tumblr any longer. Thanks for pointing it out, Allen. I just got mine today.

By nobthehobbit (Daniel Pareja)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Meh. I'm not much interested until they stop strangling Legacy.
 -  
Community Contributor
nobthehobbit wrote:Meh. I'm not much interested until they stop strangling Legacy.
Problem is there's no real money in Legacy, from WotC's PoV.

But I can't justify paying ten bucks a pack for cards. I was tempted by Masters 25 (since it's be a cool thing to play with the kid), but to even do a little draft was gonna be something like a hundred bucks!

And trying to do anything in that direction just causes problems like the Guilds of Ravnica theme decks - if you can find one the prices are insane, because people are snapping them up to get the reprint of That One Card. (And that's after dealing with the tariffs, so even Walmart is retailing them for 35 a piece - my FLGS can't even get them in stock).

By karonofborg13 (Matthew Hayes)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Architect
Yep, Allen's referring to the Ravnica Guild Kits (not to be confused with the Prerelease guild kits the second link linked to) that released on the 2nd of November. The Selesnya (white/green) one has the money reprint of Privileged Position, which was around $26 going into release. Secondly, the Dimir (blue/black) one has Glimpse the Unthinkable. Paradox comics & cards in Fargo is selling both the two of these each at $30 [I mistakenly quoted 35, when it's 30] and the other three (Boros, Golgari, and Izzet) at their MSRP of $20 each.
Last edited by karonofborg13 on Wed Nov 21, 2018 1:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
 -  
Community Contributor
Dukat wrote:But the link Alan states is for GATECRASH guild packs, not packs from Guilds Of Ravnica.
That is a PEBKAC error on my part. :(

https://shop.tcgplayer.com/magic/guilds ... s-set-of-5

Good mornin' lads, just got me thinking: What w[…]

NE Oklahoma, SE Kansas?

Yes, it was at Redeemer in Bartlesville. Unfortuna[…]

Apologies for the delays in the results. They will[…]

MW for doctorjoya over tykajada 35-0. GG! :cheers[…]