A place for complete-off-topic conversations that have nothing to do with Star Trek. The rules still apply here, stay civil.
  • 140 posts
First Edition Rules Master
 - First Edition Rules Master
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
Community Contributor
Dukat wrote:... said the bank account :D.

Meanwhile, the next set has already been announced: Ravicna Allegiance, so it's time for Return to Return to Return to Return to Ravnica :D.
That was already known - three sets in Ravnica, ending with the Finale of the Big Bad Bolas story arc. (At least for now).
First Edition Rules Master
 - First Edition Rules Master
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
Community Contributor
Dukat wrote: Btw: has anyone of you ever read the MtG stories? (They started publishing books back in 1994, as far was I know.)

I thought about reading the story about the Weatherlight. Seems like an interesting saga.
I know of them, but haven't read any - by the time they were coming out I was past my 15-book-a-week addiction where I'd read anything. :)

I've heard the quality is a bit hit-and-miss, depending on the author and the set they were working from.

By TyKajada (Alexander Schmitz)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Dukat wrote:Ah, okay ...

Btw: has anyone of you ever read the MtG stories? (They started publishing books back in 1994, as far was I know.)

I thought about reading the story about the Weatherlight. Seems like an interesting saga.
Actually the three books of the first Ravnica block by Cory Herndon are quite entertaining. That block brought me into Magic back in the day and I soaked up those three books in less than a week. (that is fast for me)
This was before the whole planeswalker thing. The story is actually about the 'regular' individuals on the plane, quite interesting overview of the city, the people and their interactions. A bunch of friends (or to be friends) get together to get things straightened out.. now when I think about it, it reminds me of Guardians of the Galaxy on Ravnica, as chaotic and outrageous.

Ravnica: City of Guilds
Guildpact
Dissension

Paperback is hard to get but they are on Kindle.

By Dukat (Andreas Rheinländer)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
1E European Continental Quarter-Finalist 2023
1E German National Runner-Up 2024
Got my Black Lotus in the mail today ...
:)

Now I don't need the card anymore. I only ever wanted the card for the artwork, I never had any interest in the card per se.

So no need for the card anymore :).
Besides, this did cost me roughly 70 bucks instead of ... well ... 7000 :? .
Attachments:
211220181082.jpg
211220181082.jpg (62.2 KiB) Viewed 1337 times
Ambassador
By bosskamiura (Thomas Kamiura)
 - Ambassador
 -  
Community Contributor
I started with Alliances, but I don’t think that’s that far back.

TK

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
bosskamiura wrote:I started with Alliances, but I don’t think that’s that far back.

TK
Alliances was more or less the end of my peak magic days. I quit Magic to focus on Trek

Traded an Ancestral Recall and a bunch of Revised Dual Lands for a box of BB Premiere Trek. Fair deal at the time, but today.... Oy! :x

By Squircifer (Mark Napier)
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
yes! i remember this one guy that played in our gamers guild way back when that wanted to get out of magic and into trek. since i was way into trek i picked up a recall, alpha mox sapphire and a time walk and a few other choice cards for bb rares. although i did trade him a signed picard bb. i wish i had that today instead of the magic cards.

*dramatic noise* *suspends play* 0KF19 Kaiserfe[…]

Is Sedis a captain?

Not exactly, because that is the ONLY keywor[…]

MN 2024 Gatherings

I'll not make the 27th, unfortunately. I've pencil[…]

I get the MW 80-70....good game.