A place for complete-off-topic conversations that have nothing to do with Star Trek. The rules still apply here, stay civil.
  • 140 posts

By Nerdopolis Prime (Nerdopolis Prime)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Will anybody collect the art cards? Cant imagine what for except for hardcore collectors.
First Edition Rules Master
 - First Edition Rules Master
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
Community Contributor
Pazuzu wrote:
Nerdopolis Prime wrote:Will anybody collect the art cards? Cant imagine what for except for hardcore collectors.
Tokens
I've heard folks talking about using them as proxies as well.

By Nerdopolis Prime (Nerdopolis Prime)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Pazuzu wrote:
Nerdopolis Prime wrote:Will anybody collect the art cards? Cant imagine what for except for hardcore collectors.
Tokens
There will be 3 fixed cards in there:
- double sided tokens
- snow covered basics
- art cards

17 cards per booster pack.

One of the art cards:

By Spectre9
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
Every mythic preordering for $40 :-P

With all the Horizon lands at $30

The hype is rocketing off. I'll draft at prerelease then I'll watch the prices crash and burn.

Sure there will probably be a few cards land at $50-100 but good luck picking them.

By Dukat (Andreas Rheinländer)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
1E European Continental Quarter-Finalist 2023
1E German National Runner-Up 2024
Spectre9 wrote:Every mythic preordering for $40 :-P

With all the Horizon lands at $30

The hype is rocketing off. I'll draft at prerelease then I'll watch the prices crash and burn.

Sure there will probably be a few cards land at $50-100 but good luck picking them.
The current prices are ridiculous.

They will brutally drop a few weeks after release. :cheersL: :cheersR:

By Dukat (Andreas Rheinländer)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
1E European Continental Quarter-Finalist 2023
1E German National Runner-Up 2024
Well ... Throne Of Eldraine is around the corner.
When it was announced, I heard it is about knights and such. I love knights. Unfortunately, up until now, they weren't a thing in Mtg.

Since the announcement, I have not looked at a single spoiler AND preordered two boxes.

Seeing the cards for the first time, while opening a booster box ... that will be great. Just like back in the days, when there was no internet :D.
 -  
Community Contributor
Fritzinger wrote:Can anyone tell me about the commander 2019 decks? Are they as good as hyped?
I've heard good things about them, but the price bump is really starting to push them out of range for me. Gonna go do the fairytale pre-release instead. :D
 -  
Community Contributor
Dukat wrote:Throne Of Eldraine stuff for sale ...
viewtopic.php?f=56&t=39540
Sorry to hear it wasn't your jam - we opened most of a box for our in-house "pre-release" (once you have three people, it's cheaper to just buy a box than to buy pre-release kits, turns out) and we were quite happy with the set.

Now, part of that is I opened a Great Henge, which is going straight into my "It's Not Easy Being Green (and that's why I lash out)" Ghalta, Primal Hunter commander deck. :D
Director of Communications
By OKCoyote (Daniel Matteson)
 - Director of Communications
 -  
1E North American Continental Quarter-Finalist 2023
2E Cardassia Regional Champion 2023
So I haven't played competitive Magic in many years, and I don't spend money on the physical game or MTGO at all any more (though I do play a lot of Arena). However, I like having casual Magic options available for my friends that like to come over and play games. With that said, I just completed my own copy of the modular cube.

So the idea behind the modular cube is that it keeps a cube draft from getting stale on repeated plays. Instead of a 400ish card cube, you instead have a small core of cards, and a large number of 40-card modules that feature various themes, and each time you play, you shuffle together the core plus eight modules at random. This way you get a very different cube experience every time you play. This idea isn't mine, I just made my own using the original list.

The current modular cube has 53 modules and is over 2,000 cards altogether. I proxied any cards I didn't already own (which was a lot of them) and sleeved everything, and the whole project, just working on it in my spare time, and I've finally finished this week. I've played it with friends a couple times already using modules I completed early, and really enjoy it. Hoping I'll have more opportunities to try it out now that I've got the whole thing done.

By Pazuzu
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
A Cube basically simulates a limited environment, but instead of cracking boosters and displays you have a selected pool of cards that usually is complied and provided by one player.

I really like the modules idea and maybe I will add it to my Cube :)
Card Page Glitches

So, it's seeming on some sets that the cards on th[…]

Question for noob

Awesome. Thanks everyone for all the help!

Only works when RS is played after AIV. This is be[…]

Still a few weeks left to get registered for the[…]