A place for complete-off-topic conversations that have nothing to do with Star Trek. The rules still apply here, stay civil.

- Beta Quadrant
 -  
I have noticed that there is a thread on this board about FFG's Star Wars Destiny card game, so I was wondering if anyone here plays the Arkham Horror LCG? I bought some core sets several months ago and play it solo. I really enjoy the campaign setting and the ability to upgrade your character with experience points. If you play the game, what perspectives do you have?

By Nerdopolis Prime (Nerdopolis Prime)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
We´re playing with cards of a friend of mine. No solo experience for me, but the game is really cool.

- Beta Quadrant
 -  
Nerdopolis Prime wrote:We´re playing with cards of a friend of mine. No solo experience for me, but the game is really cool.
Have you played through any campaigns yet? Have you tried the stand alone adventures?

By Se7enofMine (ChadC)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
I hadn't seen this until this thread. Seems pretty cool.

I don't have the bread to buy cards so it's unlikely I'll play .. unless it comes to Lackey or similar. But it seems pretty neat.

Edit: apparently there IS a plugin for Lackey .. hmmm

- Beta Quadrant
 -  
Se7enofMine wrote:I hadn't seen this until this thread. Seems pretty cool.

I don't have the bread to buy cards so it's unlikely I'll play .. unless it comes to Lackey or similar. But it seems pretty neat.

Edit: apparently there IS a plugin for Lackey .. hmmm
You may have already come across this video, but just in case you haven't:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zzliu_-xNNQ

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
Yes, we are through the basic campaign which was rather easy. On the other hand the game faced investigators with a quarter century of deck building experience XD

- Beta Quadrant
 -  
Nerdopolis Prime wrote:Yes, we are through the basic campaign which was rather easy. On the other hand the game faced investigators with a quarter century of deck building experience XD
I have only played the first scenario at the house and I have played it solo a few times with each investigator. Right now Roland is looking like the best choice in solo mode since he can fight and has a decent investigation. I really like Daisy Walker but I can't win with her in solo due to her low fight with the big bad. I am looking forward to the next scenario to see what happens next in the story.

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
I can´t say much about the names, because the cards are all with our buddy who owns the game. I understand the pains with non combatant characters, we always have to support them in the multiplayer playmode. Btw. my most favourite scenarios are numbers 2 and 3.

Oh, yes, don´t forget to be careful in the university, things can get ... mmmh ... hairy :cross:

Another interesting part of the game is outmaneuvering the villains. Sometimes it makes things to easy when running away, but it is a great tool when you´re combating them.

*dramatic noise* *suspends play* 0KF19 Kaiserfe[…]

Is Sedis a captain?

Not exactly, because that is the ONLY keywor[…]

MN 2024 Gatherings

I'll not make the 27th, unfortunately. I've pencil[…]

I get the MW 80-70....good game.