A place for complete-off-topic conversations that have nothing to do with Star Trek. The rules still apply here, stay civil.
Director of First Edition
By MidnightLich (Charlie Plaine)
 - Director of First Edition
 -  
Prophet
BCSWowbagger wrote:Shoot. I liked their design articles. :(

Hard to imagine a game only lasting two years. Takes that long just to get up to speed on Trek! :P
It's sort of the way of licensed games, especially card games, at least in recent history. You get 2-5 years out of it, but often at a point it becomes about pumping out product to cash in rather than maintaining the game. Obviously, it's because companies get the licenses for the aim to cash in, so it's not a Bad thing. But most of these games will never be Magic and thus aren't designed to be Magic.

-crp
First Edition Rules Master
 - First Edition Rules Master
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
Community Contributor
MidnightLich wrote: It's sort of the way of licensed games, especially card games, at least in recent history. You get 2-5 years out of it, but often at a point it becomes about pumping out product to cash in rather than maintaining the game. Obviously, it's because companies get the licenses for the aim to cash in, so it's not a Bad thing. But most of these games will never be Magic and thus aren't designed to be Magic.
Even in ancient history - plenty of IP properties died because the owners decided they could get better money elsewhere.
First Edition Rules Master
 - First Edition Rules Master
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
Community Contributor
Iron Prime wrote:Anyone recognize this mechanic?
You'd have to be more specific - I spotted a few that I've seen in other games. ;)

By Iron Prime (Dan Van Kampen)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Antman/Giantman unfolding

By Iron Prime (Dan Van Kampen)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
TF TCG is still kickin'. Look for 'The Ark' on Facebook - PM if you can't find it for some reason.

1st Virtual Set is out and looks great. I printed it to play with my son. :thumbsup:
Question for noob

I still think I'm misunderstanding TMW. By saying […]

Only works when RS is played after AIV. This is be[…]

Still a few weeks left to get registered for the[…]

Hey all, we are running a "Warum-up" fo[…]