A place for complete-off-topic conversations that have nothing to do with Star Trek. The rules still apply here, stay civil.

By Iron Prime (Dan Van Kampen)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Anyone here try this out?
I got it to play with my son and we are having a blast! If you only give it a cursory glance it seems shallow, but there is more there than meets the eye. 8)
I would compare it to a game like Destiny were there is a very fluid "back and forth" with the emphasis on tactical decisions each turn. You start with your characters out like Destiny as well.
Ambassador
By bosskamiura (Thomas Kamiura)
 - Ambassador
 -  
Community Contributor
I'm interested!

TK

By Jono (Sean O'Reilly)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Pioneer
1E Cardassia Regional Champion 2023
I demoed it at Gen Con and picked up the starter box and special convention exclusive pack.

Since it came out last week I’ve bought probably 10 packs. There is definitely strategy there even though the overall game is fairly simple to pick up.

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
The SDCC pack with Cliffjumper and Slipstream?
I wish I had one of those - going for a fortune on eBay....

By Jono (Sean O'Reilly)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Pioneer
Iron Prime wrote:The SDCC pack with Cliffjumper and Slipstream?
I wish I had one of those - going for a fortune on eBay....
Yup. You could buy them either at SDCC or Gen Con for $15.

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
Nice! Congrats!
Ambassador
 - Ambassador
 -  
I've bought a starter set and a number of packs. Going to build a couple of decks to see how it plays out. Still need to see if I can find a box to hold the character cards as none of my boxes are big enough to hold them.

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
I use sleeves. But someone on the FB page sad the 330ish white card boxes can hold the large character cards pretty good.

By DarkSabre (Austin Chandler)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
Ive Been playing with my boys. The fact that the aren’t two different starters is an issue along with WOTC stating no support for the game. However it is fun, we need more cards than the two starters and few packs we found. Wished we could of gotten any con exclusives :-(.

Trying to decide if we should try and buy more packs or wait and see if the game ‘slows down’ in interest to try and get singles or bulk lots for cheaper than they are are going for at the moment.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

By Jono (Sean O'Reilly)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Pioneer
DarkSabre wrote:Ive Been playing with my boys. The fact that the aren’t two different starters is an issue along with WOTC stating no support for the game. However it is fun, we need more cards than the two starters and few packs we found. Wished we could of gotten any con exclusives :-(.

Trying to decide if we should try and buy more packs or wait and see if the game ‘slows down’ in interest to try and get singles or bulk lots for cheaper than they are are going for at the moment.

The target near me has a huge Transformers TCG display in store if you need packs.

I agree WOTC needs to give it more support but they have always had lackluster support for non-Magic TCGs.

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
Jono wrote:
The target near me has a huge Transformers TCG display in store if you need packs.

I agree WOTC needs to give it more support but they have always had lackluster support for non-Magic TCGs.
Thanks.

Yeah the target near me has practically nothing.

I can order online but not sure if I want to invest heavily in a game where they won’t play much when I might be able to pick it up ‘cheaper’ or trade Stccg or other stuff perhaps for it.

I still don’t forgive WOTC for taking the SW license and doing crap with it...

I need to get some more cards mod the two decks we have and see how well it goes.

I do wish WOTC would show support. But with other games recently coming out (warhammer) or coming out (arclight) not sure how well it would do.

But transformers are popular and some kids and adults would love to have an alternative to yugioh or Pokémon

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
It sounds like it had a pretty good start; and some FLGSs are setting up tournaments. I would bet that if the Metroplex decks sell well that WotC will look into at least something for OP. I know at least one designer pops up on the FB page from time to time to help out.

I'm pretty confident this will be more than a flash in the pan. :cross:

Also if anyone has an extra Jazz and is interested in trading some C/UC TFs please PM me....

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
Iron Prime wrote:It sounds like it had a pretty good start; and some FLGSs are setting up tournaments. I would bet that if the Metroplex decks sell well that WotC will look into at least something for OP. I know at least one designer pops up on the FB page from time to time to help out.

I'm pretty confident this will be more than a flash in the pan. :cross:

Also if anyone has an extra Jazz and is interested in trading some C/UC TFs please PM me....

I'm not what I call an avid going to go and play card games player. I dabbled but STCCG & SWCCG were the only real ones I ever chased and played.

Though I am liking Warhammer & I'm going to be taking a hard look at Keyforge. I may get into both games, mainly because Warhammer also has a great app and Keyforge intrigues me.

So far it doesn't seem like any of my local stores are looking into doing Transformers. The place we played at two Sundays ago saw and played a demo of it at a 'con & he didn't think it was going to be a long term thing and hard for a game shop to try and keep up with due to no support from WOTC.

Has anyone had luck getting their local shop interested in carrying and playing it?

My son who is a huge Transformers fan really likes the game.
1EFQ: Game of two halves

Honestly, I don’t think I’ve re[…]

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

Happy birthday to @Takket ! :D :thumbsup: […]

Opponents turn

Remodulation